Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2015, 06:09 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,255,806 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyFarm34 View Post
Making progress.....
It will be legal everywhere eventually.

Marijuana may be even safer than previously thought, researchers say - The Washington Post
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2015, 06:47 PM

17,029 posts, read 30,917,993 times
Weed will not reduce accidents once they can test how high you are.
Scary thing is weed is 3-4 times as potent as it was 25 years ago. Plant genetics have come a long way.

Old 02-24-2015, 06:59 PM

463 posts, read 320,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oildog View Post
Weed will not reduce accidents once they can test how high you are.
Does that first line make sense to anyone? It doesn't make any sense to me. It sounds like you are saying that there are no accidents now, but they will start once testing begins?

Quote:
Scary thing is weed is 3-4 times as potent as it was 25 years ago.
So what? All that means is that you have to ingest less plant material to achieve the desired effect. That is a good thing, not a bad thing.

Quote:
Plant genetics have come a long way.
Yes, they have. That brings up another point. There are lots of different strains available these days, and each has specific effects. If you have trouble sleeping, there are varieties that can help. On the other hand, if you need energy, motivation, and creativity, a different variety is chosen. I happen to fall into the latter category. But the point is that responsible users can find the right fit for them while avoiding all the reefer madness that others proclaim always follows once someone has ingested cannabis.

Old 02-24-2015, 07:34 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,223,321 times
Quote:
Plant genetics have come a long way.
If by that, you mean selective breeding, yes.

Sativas=Higher energy, more peppy, want to go go out and do something/clean the house/go on a hike.

Indicas= more of what prohibitionist think of, couch lock, slower, more laid back, more mellow. more full body experience.

Between the two mother strains, growers have transformed the strains to be what people want, just like watermelon growers can now provide a seedless watermelon.

Genetics are what nature gave them, humans are making things more streamlined, for better or worse. Just as there is higher potency cannabis, there is cannabis with far lower thc, and higher cbd. It goes both ways.

Old 02-24-2015, 10:26 PM

1,314 posts, read 1,424,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notmeofficer View Post
I wish I didn't have to worry about criminals... in your smoke filled haze you have that luxury

Does anyone else see the glaring problem here ? Attacking someone whose life is focused on keeping people safe vs. pursuit of a drug that's numbs conscious behavior?

Please try reading more carefully when I post and you comment negatively.... I spoke about BC AND impaired driving

I don't create human problems I do my best to mitigate their effects upon others...perhaps myopathy clouds your vision

Alaska has so many open spaces and so few people it will potentially be affected by legalization less than other states... hard to grow... easy to use in the winter when people won't potentially travel

The environmental damage from mj growing has been clearly documented... it will be interesting to see how Alaska deals with it

I will be happy to accept your correction and apology
I think your problem is that you're equating mj itself with DUI. It's still illegal to drive under the influence even if your drug of choice is legal. Whether it's legal or not makes no difference to that issue.

That and thinking it's "hard to grow" and "people won't travel in winter" kind of makes you seem really out of touch...

Old 02-24-2015, 10:27 PM

6,083 posts, read 10,698,966 times
Didn't know they were so close!

Old 02-24-2015, 10:31 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,200,354 times
Drug testing will end at some point, at least testing for pot. It should end altogether and it will....someday people will shake their heads and wonder how people just blindly accepted that sort of thing when there was no cause. Of course some jobs will be lost (those who currently do the testing) but I'm sure we will come up with some other nonsensical thing to fill the void.

Old 02-25-2015, 12:13 AM

2,950 posts, read 1,636,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notmeofficer View Post

Alaska has so many open spaces and so few people it will potentially be affected by legalization less than other states... hard to grow... easy to use in the winter when people won't potentially travel

The environmental damage from mj growing has been clearly documented... it will be interesting to see how Alaska deals with it
Doesn't matter if you live in Alaska or Hawaii. It's easy to grow indoors. I have no idea why you would think it's hard for people to grow in Alaska.

In Alaska, you are allowed to personally grow six plants. I don't see how that will damage the environment as the outdoor growing season is so short that almost everyone will grow indoors and all of the suppliers to stores will do the same to maximize yield and profit.

I cannot believe how you claim to be an expert on this subject but the majority of your posts relating to it are false.

Old 02-25-2015, 01:40 AM

3,744 posts, read 4,085,769 times
It would be hard to grow outside in the winter don't you think?

So.. now they will allow six plants per person.... past marijuana practice will show that dopers will not comply ninety percent of the time ., you will see daddy six plant growing warehouses of the stuff., same thing that happened here.,, which required severe restrictions during pushback .... people who use drugs will lie almost every time

What we will see is some doper migration to Alaska . .. thank god... take some pressure off other grow states inundated with low life's seeking drugs as an existence.., more dangerous are the criminal entrepreneurs . ..

The same thing will happen there .. environmental pollution . ... exorbitant resource use... more addiction and abuse problems ... more mj dui... how much?.... it remains to be seen

I cannot believe how blinded people are by the use of a mind altering drug.. it does not create peaceful behavior . .. note all the demanding and threatening posts on here by pro druggies... when it equates to real life it means dope rips...cartel like growing behavior... and a drug fueled destruction ...

Those who seek it will do anything to have it

More job security....

Old 02-25-2015, 01:46 AM

74 posts, read 98,752 times
I live in Colorado where it is already legal. I don't have a problem with it. I don't smoke it but have considered it for my migraines...lol. If something works for your pain, seizures, etc. I don't see any difference than any of the other drugs out there. At least it is a natural product.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events