Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2015, 02:00 AM

2,950 posts, read 1,637,619 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jburress View Post
Doesn't matter if you live in Alaska or Hawaii. It's easy to grow indoors. I have no idea why you would think it's hard for people to grow in Alaska.
Quote:
Originally Posted by notmeofficer View Post
It would be hard to grow outside in the winter don't you think?

What we will see is some doper migration to Alaska

Those who seek it will do anything to have it
You really have no idea what you are talking about, do you? You think people only grow outdoors.

People are going to migrate to Alaska because they legalized cannabis and they "will do anything to have it. "

I am now sure you are not part of a LE agency.

Last edited by jburress; 02-25-2015 at 02:11 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2015, 04:02 AM

10,599 posts, read 17,896,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unsettomati View Post
Obviously you never read Forbes online.

They OFTEN have leftists writing there.

That's an OPINION page written by THIS GUY:

bio

Quote:
I am a senior editor at Reason magazine and a nationally syndicated columnist. I am the author of Saying Yes: In Defense of Drug Use (Tarcher/Penguin) and For Your Own Good: The Anti-Smoking Crusade and the Tyranny of Public Health (Free Press). My work on drug policy and civil liberties has appeared in Cigar Aficionado, Seed, National Review, The Wall Street Journal, The New York Times, the Los Angeles Times, the San Francisco Chronicle, and many other publications.

Contact Jacob Sullum
So yes. A wild eyed leftist pothead.

Old 02-25-2015, 04:33 AM

5,661 posts, read 3,523,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf39us View Post
Yay for progress! All in the last few years too :-)

Could you say what is being progressed?

Old 02-25-2015, 04:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vistaian View Post
Does anyone else see the glaring problem here? Traffic accidents are actually becoming LESS of a problem. But he aims to change that through testing. In other words, if the problems go away, CREATE them instead. That is better for all leo's bottom line, after all. Too bad this stuff can't be based in REALITY instead.

Are you referring again to Colorado and just ONE year of statistics since dope became legal?
Really you know SO many other factors can come into play here. Weather etc.
Everybstate from year to year has a fluctuation in traffic arrests.

NO ONE I know that uses cannabis uses other drugs. Heck, most don't even drink or smoke cigarettes.
How many people do YOU know?
I hardly believe your circle of people can represent the billions in the world.

There you go folks. Forget reality, forget logic, forget impairment tests. He wants a field test so that he can bust you based on your blood
s?
"]News flash, Vistaian, they do so for alcohol driving.
Hmmmm, want your cake and eat it to!
Want your drug legal, but not be tested for being impaired while driving.
Sounds rather like talking out of both sides of one's mouth.

Old 02-25-2015, 04:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jburress View Post
You really have no idea what you are talking about, do you? You think people only grow outdoors.

People are going to migrate to Alaska because they legalized cannabis and they "will do anything to have it. "

I am now sure you are not part of a LE agency.
Exactly, jburress!
Even steal and commit crimes!!

Thank you for pointing that out

Old 02-25-2015, 05:11 AM

Quote:
Narcotics use... trafficking... destruction of the environment... child abuse...and every other crime associated with marijuana.... is real crime
I know it too, notmetheofficer.

It is really sad how this selfish greed filled people in this society is growing like a virus.
They don't care about much of anything else rather than what they want. And the heck with others.
Greed is usually a downfall and destruction of society in the end.

This greed and self absorbed agenda will never allow some to see the whole picture.

You have eyes into an area that hardly anyone here has.
But, yet you are challenged, you are put down.
All for the love and or addiction of pot.

I know I will never see and totally understand what you see in the depths of the tentacles that pot has in your line of work. Where it reaches to and what it does.

But, I grew up being taught to respect others professions.

And I am rest assured you know what you are talking about. Even if I can't imagine the true depths of it.

I am sickened everyday with these people that want what they want and want it now and the heck with the good for all.

Old 02-25-2015, 05:44 AM

50,786 posts, read 36,486,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Great article, thanks for posting it!

"And all the way at the bottom of the list? Weed — roughly 114 times less deadly than booze
, according to the authors, who ran calculations that compared lethal doses of a given substance with the amount that a typical person uses. Marijuana is also the only drug studied that posed a low mortality risk to its users."

Old 02-25-2015, 05:52 AM

50,786 posts, read 36,486,545 times
Quote:
It would be hard to grow outside in the winter don't you think?

So.. now they will allow six plants per person.... past marijuana practice will show that dopers will not comply ninety percent of the time ., you will see daddy six plant growing warehouses of the stuff., same thing that happened here.,, which required severe restrictions during pushback .... people who use drugs will lie almost every time

What we will see is some doper migration to Alaska . .. thank god... take some pressure off other grow states inundated with low life's seeking drugs as an existence.., more dangerous are the criminal entrepreneurs . ..

The same thing will happen there .. environmental pollution . ... exorbitant resource use... more addiction and abuse problems ... more mj dui... how much?.... it remains to be seen

I cannot believe how blinded people are by the use of a mind altering drug.. it does not create peaceful behavior . .. note all the demanding and threatening posts on here by pro druggies... when it equates to real life it means dope rips...cartel like growing behavior... and a drug fueled destruction ...

Those who seek it will do anything to have it

More job security....
Using terms like "pro druggies" and "dopers" only makes you look more out of touch. Are these guys "dopers"? http://www.leap.cc/

[LEFT]"Founded on March 16, 2002, LEAP is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization made up of current and former members of the law enforcement and criminal justice communities who are speaking out about the failures of our existing drug policies.

By continuing to fight the so-called “War on Drugs,” the US government has worsened these problems of society instead of alleviating them. A system of regulation and control of these substances (by the government, replacing the current system of control by the black market) would be a less harmful, less costly, more ethical, and more effective public policy."[/LEFT]

Old 02-25-2015, 06:27 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,988,465 times
Quote:
Narcotics use... trafficking... destruction of the environment... child abuse...and every other crime associated with marijuana.... is real crime

Rescheduling on the federal level (as you have alluded to on this thread) and legalizing would go a long way in ending the crime and black market activities surrounding cannabis. Will there still be some issues? Sure. Even when prohibition of alcohol ended there were, and still are issues with abuse, addiction (though cannabis is not proven to be physically addictive) and people acting irresponsibly such as driving under the influence. However; overall there will be less crime, and less black market activity as it will be legitimate to purchase (with age restrictions of course) and the millions more responsible users won't have to worry about legal trouble for simply having possession or smoking a joint. The ending of prohibition does have to happen on a FEDERAL LEVEL for this to happen, otherwise; you're still going to see black market activity such as folks smuggling legal cannabis out of places like Colorado to surrounding states where it is illegal!

Old 02-25-2015, 06:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
Rescheduling on the federal level (as you have alluded to on this thread) and legalizing would go a long way in ending the crime and black market activities surrounding cannabis. Will there still be some issues? Sure. Even when prohibition of alcohol ended there were, and still are issues with abuse, addiction (though cannabis is not proven to be physically addictive) and people acting irresponsibly such as driving under the influence. However; overall there will be less crime, and less black market activity as it will be legitimate to purchase (with age restrictions of course) and the millions more responsible users won't have to worry about legal trouble for simply having possession or smoking a joint. The ending of prohibition does have to happen on a FEDERAL LEVEL for this to happen, otherwise; you're still going to see black market activity such as folks smuggling legal cannabis out of places like Colorado to surrounding states where it is illegal!
How do YOU know this.?
You do NOT.

It is only a guess.

Please don't say as if you know, because YOU do not.
You can speculate, guess.
But do NOT know.

This is all unchartered waters
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events