U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-01-2015, 06:15 PM

38,353 posts, read 15,386,340 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha_1976 View Post
.... I hope they win this lawsuit....
I hope who is telling the truth wins the lawsuit. That is still not clear, and "witnesses" tend not to be "witnesses" when they are on the stand and subject to cross examination.

It wouldn't be the first time that racial discrimination was claimed and then was found to be false.
Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2015, 09:55 PM

2,634 posts, read 1,032,618 times
These stores have poorly trained employees and now they will pay. Stores will settle for falsely accusing customers.

Old 03-02-2015, 12:50 PM

7,022 posts, read 5,779,962 times
P.C. or not, when I worked in retail every single shoplifter our cameras caught in the act was black. That's not racist, it's reality.

I work in a cosmopolitan city. Every single street vendor table that's set up selling clothes, jewelry, purses, etc. are manned by black people. Where do you think those items they're selling come from? They didn't pay for them, they are all stolen goods.

Facts are not racist. It's reality.

Old 03-02-2015, 12:57 PM

6,742 posts, read 3,878,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by renault View Post
P.C. or not, when I worked in retail every single shoplifter our cameras caught in the act was black. That's not racist, it's reality.

I work in a cosmopolitan city. Every single street vendor table that's set up selling clothes, jewelry, purses, etc. are manned by black people. Where do you think those items they're selling come from? They didn't pay for them, they are all stolen goods.

Facts are not racist. It's reality.
Where's WaldoKitty to call this post a "Personal anecdote" and otherwise irrelevant?

And where can I find these facts?

Old 03-02-2015, 03:35 PM

7,022 posts, read 5,779,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post
Where's WaldoKitty to call this post a "Personal anecdote" and otherwise irrelevant?
In that case, people claiming that cops racially profile and beat them up for no reason is also "personal anecdote" and therefore irrelevant.

Old 03-02-2015, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by renault View Post
In that case, people claiming that cops racially profile and beat them up for no reason is also "personal anecdote" and therefore irrelevant.
If said person was pressing charges or their case was going before a grand jury, then it would be very relevant.

Still waiting on those facts that you were referring to earlier.

Old 03-02-2015, 04:38 PM

38,353 posts, read 15,386,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post
LOL. I'm not getting involve in yet another of your forum battles.

Here's a tip for you. Try sticking to the topic and what was discussed instead of making every single thing you post here about the messenger because you can't address a message you don't like.

Old 03-03-2015, 08:02 AM

188 posts, read 247,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DubbleT View Post
The detector gates are only good at catching amateurs, and for going off when the cashier forgets to deactivate your purchase, in other words not really a useful deterrent. And no you don't have to be out of the store before you can be stopped. You have to be past the point of sale before you can be accused of theft, but generally if someone is trying to shoplift we want them to be aware that we're watching before they get that far. That way they have the opportunity to drop the mdse or to offer to pay for the item they 'forgot' to give to the cashier. Personally I think having to call the cops, get involved with loss prevention and fill out a bunch of reports, maybe have to go to court, is not the way to go if it can be avoided.
Funny story from years ago - I was a manager at a now defunct pharmacy chain back in the late 80's. The week that the Checkpoint security system was installed, the entire days were filled with processing shoplifters who I suppose had not noticed.

Although there wasn't a single white face in the parade, I suppose that means nothing.

Old 03-03-2015, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
LOL. I'm not getting involve in yet another of your forum battles.

Here's a tip for you. Try sticking to the topic and what was discussed instead of making every single thing you post here about the messenger because you can't address a message you don't like.
Boy, that is some ironic "advice".

Old 03-03-2015, 09:25 AM

7,963 posts, read 3,745,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal352 View Post
Meh... I don't shoplift, so I really don't care whether or not a security guard watches me in the store.
Shouldn't bother any other honest shopper either.
Exactly right. This is just more of an attempt to get people to put a racial chip on their shoulder and join the victimization crowd. It also plays nicely into the leftist agenda of Saul Alinsky
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or