U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2015, 06:47 AM

2,501 posts, read 1,870,264 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadwayDiva View Post
At the store I used to work at, even if we didn't want to to profile, it was so difficult not to. 90% of the store shoplifters happened to be black "unfortunately". They'd come in with empty/flat purses and leave the store with fat purses filled with merchandise. They were "regulars" and sometimes worked in groups. Of course, we can't do much as associates only "work" around them and offer them customer service.

Can't really do anything unless it's caught on camera and you see them physically put the merchandise on their purses. Can't even chase them out of the store.

As associates we were CONSISTENTLY trained NOT to profile, but what you see while working as an associate will make you feel otherwise.
But the reality is that if most of your shoplifters were white, you wouldn't profile. That's the unfortunate truth. Whites aren't responsible for the actions of other whites...but blacks are.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2015, 06:49 AM

2,501 posts, read 1,870,264 times
Big cities tend to have black crime since poor black people mostly live in big cities. Poor white people rarely fill large cities so most people don't see white (street, petty) crime...as most people live in or near a large city.

Old 03-05-2015, 07:24 AM

8,847 posts, read 9,676,990 times
The 13 Most Dangerous Cities in America - Pg.13 - TheStreet
Springfield MO (the most dangerouis city on this ) is only 4.1 % black

Old 03-05-2015, 02:17 PM

7,022 posts, read 5,801,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stygmata View Post
Funny story from years ago - I was a manager at a now defunct pharmacy chain back in the late 80's. The week that the Checkpoint security system was installed, the entire days were filled with processing shoplifters who I suppose had not noticed.

Although there wasn't a single white face in the parade, I suppose that means nothing.
ATG5 doesn't like facts. Or anecdotal evidence.

Old 03-05-2015, 02:46 PM

6,742 posts, read 3,899,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by renault View Post
ATG5 doesn't like facts. Or anecdotal evidence.
Oh you mean the "facts" you never linked me to despite me asking twice?

By the way, a note about anecdotal evidence - "Because of the small sample, there is a larger chance that it may be unreliable due to cherry-picked or otherwise non-representative samples of typical cases."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or