U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2015, 12:52 PM

1,270 posts, read 760,429 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimTheEnchanter View Post
'stay out of it, let the <European> countries figure it out, Hitler has nothing to do with us.'

'stay out of it, let the <Asian> countries figure it out, Tojo is no threat to us.'

Will it take another 100 million dead people to figure out existential threats?
It won't take that many if the Europeans & Asians decide to deal with their own problems instead of relying on us. If we go in there, we're mucking around in a conflict between Sunnis & Shias that's been raging for centuries. The only thing we're sure to gain is more hatred and emnity, and for what? To try to solve someone else's problem?

On another note, I'm baffled at how the conservative party in this country wants every American to be self sufficient, which is an admirable goal. Yet, members of that party also seem fine with bolstering or flat out providing for the defense of other countries using our tax dollars.

Does the need for self sufficiency stop at the US border?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2015, 12:53 PM

3,299 posts, read 1,720,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickofDiamonds View Post
If ISIS ever brings Wall Street back to it's knees like what happened in 2008, then there will be war.

As of mid-January of this year, there have been over 16,000 air strikes against ISIS targets by coalition forces.

60% of those air strikes were made by U.S. aircraft.

If people are looking for some formal declaration of "war" against ISIS before they'll accept the fact the U.S. is indeed at war with ISIS, they're living in a dream world.

Old 02-25-2015, 01:19 PM

14,847 posts, read 17,430,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormynh View Post
This is such a horrible group, but, I still have not decided what the US should do. Do people think we should go to war? Many people think we should start blowing stuff up and I'm not sure that is the right thing to do.

The US is already at war with ISIS or ISIL. We have been bombing them into oblivion yet these tards still exist. ISIS has plenty of enemies. ISIS is at war with the Iraqi government, Syrian government which is backed by Iran, China and Russia, now with the Jordanian Government, Lebanon, all of the EU, Iran, at war with the Communist Kurds who live in Northern Syria and Iraq. Also the Kurds are backed by China and Russia. Also plenty of terror groups some moderate and some islamists are also at war with ISIS like Hezbollah backed by Iran, Al Qaeda based group called Nusra, FSA and so on. The only ally ISIS have is Israel and Turkey while receiving economic support from wealthy donors in Saudi Arabia, Emirates and Kuwait. This thing is a huge mess, and I blame the US for letting it get out of control. America is enimies with the Syrian government, also the US is against Hezbollah and Al Qaeda backed groups which both camps are enemies against ISIS, also the Americans wont like to know that boots on the ground and fighting alongside the Communist Kurds. US traditionally does not like Communism and would probably side with Islamism over Communism any day of the week. Also you have Iran with its troops in Iraq along with the Iraqi Army. Like I said before its a mess and its probably best for the US to fight from the air, or if not have special forces troops like Marine Force Recon, Green Berets, Navy Seals, and Army Rangers on the ground to assist FSA and fight along side the Iraqi Army. The conflict agasinst ISiS is like a Mexican standoff.

Old 02-25-2015, 02:04 PM

1,623 posts, read 1,258,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickerman View Post
What ISIS wants more than anything is for the U.S. to send troops in because then the ranks of ISIS will swell by the hundreds of thousands. Best thing we can do is stay out of it. My guess is that the whole ISIS movement is going to peter out and become nothing in a few years. Let them set up a caliphate and see what an economic basket case it will be .

That is a good point. I'm trying to look for answers rather than just "nuke em" response. We can't just go to war with everybody that we have a problem with.

Old 02-25-2015, 02:14 PM

1,623 posts, read 1,258,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scratch33 View Post

As of mid-January of this year, there have been over 16,000 air strikes against ISIS targets by coalition forces.

If people are looking for some formal declaration of "war" against ISIS before they'll accept the fact the U.S. is indeed at war with ISIS, they're living in a dream world.

Ok thank you. It is hard to figure out what is going on because people who hate Obama say that he does absolutely nothing, but, I wouldn't call 16,000 air strikes nothing. I am trying to educate myself so I think you for your help!!!

Old 02-25-2015, 02:23 PM

3,299 posts, read 1,720,626 times
Here's a recent article that lays out ISIS' goals and intentions. Kind of long but very informative:

What ISIS Really Wants - The Atlantic

Old 02-25-2015, 02:26 PM
Status: "My eyes are rolled back so far I can see my brain." (set 14 days ago)

13,389 posts, read 11,891,181 times
Quote:

Shhhh..... don't tell this to the anti-war protesters. We can't have Obama's ratings go down.

Old 02-25-2015, 03:16 PM

18,560 posts, read 13,696,302 times
Quote:
Here's a recent article that lays out ISIS' goals and intentions. Kind of long but very informative:

What ISIS Really Wants - The Atlantic
That has been posted several times here. The 'Just' of it is:

ISIS is mainly following an "end of times" prophecy. They want to engage the enemy on the battle field where ISIS will be almost entirely destroyed by Dajjal, the Anti-Messiah who will then corner ISIS in Jerusalem. Jesus will then miraculously return to Earth, kill Dajjal, and lead the Muslims to victory.

Even though they strictly follow the Quran, they peck and choose from it. They are supposed to charge 'Those of the book' Christians and Jews, a tax to live peacefully amongst them, but instead say they are enemy combatants, so they can enslave their women and children and kill their men.

Old 02-25-2015, 03:20 PM

38,221 posts, read 15,339,527 times
He's a solution.

• Pull out all US Forces.
  • Let Allah solve it.
  • Problem solved.

There are a lot of war mongers looking for war profits.

Old 02-25-2015, 08:36 PM

9,862 posts, read 13,207,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
He's a solution.

• Pull out all US Forces.
  • Let Allah solve it.
  • Problem solved.

There are a lot of war mongers looking for war profits.

Good idea
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or