U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2015, 08:10 PM

2,391 posts, read 4,560,972 times

Advertisements

Video Shows Fort Lauderdale Cop Slapping Man Who Wanted to Use Restroom | New Times Broward-Palm Beach

Look at this bigshot cop brutalizing a helpless, homeless senior citizen. You know it's crap like this that makes you understand how someone would want to put a bullet thru a cops head. What is it about "law enforcement" that attracts the violent sociopaths? Well, gee let me think, give a violent, mentally ill guy a gun, a badge and no accountability, golly gee what do you think is going to happen? What a surprise that we have these home grown terrorists brutalizing and killing helpless, innocent Americans on a regular basis.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2015, 08:16 PM

240 posts, read 196,856 times
I don't believe it. I want to know what happened before the camera started to roll. The cop already had his blue gloves on, so something was going on that the viewer isn't privy to. We're only being show the party of the film that makes the cop look bad.

It's another agenda from the cop haters. Yawn.

Old 02-24-2015, 09:32 PM
Status: "My eyes are rolled back so far I can see my brain." (set 10 days ago)

13,367 posts, read 11,871,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ks5692 View Post
Yawn.
Exactly. If a cop tells you to leave, you should leave and not say "F--- you". I give cops a lot of credit for having to deal with these types of people on a daily basis.

Old 02-26-2015, 09:28 AM

1,458 posts, read 2,148,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
Exactly. If a cop tells you to leave, you should leave and not say "F--- you". I give cops a lot of credit for having to deal with these types of people on a daily basis.
If he is too much of a mental weakling that he can't handle being sworn at, when he is looking for a new job in a few weeks I would recommend not taking my former minimum wage call center job.

Old 02-26-2015, 10:52 AM

15,908 posts, read 9,642,118 times
Quote:
I don't believe it. I want to know what happened before the camera started to roll. The cop already had his blue gloves on, so something was going on that the viewer isn't privy to. We're only being show the party of the film that makes the cop look bad.

I'd like to see the video too. However; look at it from this angle. What if all it really was that he truly wanted to use the restroom? Said cop denies the homeless guy from using the restroom, so said homeless guy then goes in the bushes (because sometimes when you gotta go, you gotta go), in which he is now committing a crime, and would probably get slapped with an indecent exposure charge. Wouldn't it be better just to allow the guy to use the facilities and be on his way?

Old 02-26-2015, 10:56 AM

9,066 posts, read 5,399,651 times
Nothing to see here. Slapping an unarmed man is proper police procedure. Oh, didn't you know?

Old 02-26-2015, 11:11 AM

5,445 posts, read 4,393,490 times
At least he didn't get shot. lol

Old 02-26-2015, 02:51 PM

30,402 posts, read 9,081,069 times
Quote:

That's what I thought, too.

The cop was putting on gloves and following him before he said he had to pee. So that gets turned around to "cop slaps man for having to pee?" I'm not buying it.

And I'm sick of these narrow-angle videos, too.

Old 02-26-2015, 02:56 PM

3,174 posts, read 1,629,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
I'd like to see the video too. However; look at it from this angle. What if all it really was that he truly wanted to use the restroom? Said cop denies the homeless guy from using the restroom, so said homeless guy then goes in the bushes (because sometimes when you gotta go, you gotta go), in which he is now committing a crime, and would probably get slapped with an indecent exposure charge. Wouldn't it be better just to allow the guy to use the facilities and be on his way?

Show me the proof that the cop refused to let a homeless man use a public bathroom. Just having someone tell me that isn't good enough for me.

Old 02-26-2015, 04:42 PM

13,349 posts, read 16,509,989 times
Yeah, the article title is misleading, it's not "Cop slaps homeless man for wanting to pee"; it's "Cop slaps homeless man for no reason".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or