U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2015, 11:36 AM

15,399 posts, read 9,388,171 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
I didn't know that....but when they said his name this morning...I wondered if he was an illegal....
Our laws have to mean something, and its time the Americans become aware of how many illegals are breaking the laws....

Do you know how many illegals are driving, without a license, without insurance?
He could be an illegal, but given the circumstances and details so far I'm leaning to legal.

Old 02-25-2015, 11:37 AM

16,380 posts, read 7,182,252 times
Quote:
yes, I think its time.....

Years ago, if there was a car accident, they'd say, "the driver wasn't wearing a seat belt"....
I want to know if any person who has murdered another or tried to murder another what they're criminal background is and if they are illegals.....

Yes indeed.

Personally, I think it is irrelevant to the harm that he caused, but it may be a clue that his immigration status has not come up in reports about his previous arrests.

And, BTW, do you really think that hispanics are the only illegal immigrants in the us? My guess is that at least some illegal immigrants have light skin and "normal" names. So you think every news story about every alleged criminal should include the suspect's citizenship status?

Old 02-25-2015, 11:38 AM

25,508 posts, read 23,353,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
He could be an illegal, but given the circumstances and details so far I'm leaning to legal.
well, my first thoughts when I heard about him parking the car on the tracks on purpose, is a terrorist?

But that's just me.....

Old 02-25-2015, 11:39 AM

15,399 posts, read 9,388,171 times
Lawyer: Truck driver did 'all he could' before train crash - vagazette.com

"Criminal records in his home state of Arizona show Sanchez-Ramirez pleaded guilty in 1998 to a host of violations in a single DUI case, including driving with a blood-alcohol content above .08 percent the legal limit in the state failure to obey a police officer, having liquor with a "minor on the premises" and having no insurance, the Los Angeles Times reported Wednesday.

In 2004, Ramirez was convicted of a local driving infraction in Yuma, and in 2007, he was cited for failure to obey a traffic control device."

His lawyers say "Jose Alejandro Sanchez-Ramirez, did not abandon the truck but rather went for help... he didn't call authorities because he was "in shock" and didn't even realize he had a phone on him...

Old 02-25-2015, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
Personally, I think it is irrelevant to the harm that he caused, but it may be a clue that his immigration status has not come up in reports about his previous arrests.

And, BTW, do you really think that hispanics are the only illegal immigrants in the us? My guess is that at least some illegal immigrants have light skin and "normal" names. So you think every news story about every alleged criminal should include the suspect's citizenship status?
I think if you followed my posts you'd know the answer to your question...
No I don't and never did think hispanics are the only illegals, there are many criminal illegals here from many other countries...of course.

and Yes, in this day and age, I want to know if the person is an illegal, and what his prior arrest status is....I believe Americans need to wake up.....

Old 02-25-2015, 11:47 AM

16,380 posts, read 7,182,252 times
Quote:
I think if you followed my posts you'd know the answer to your question...
No I don't and never did think hispanics are the only illegals, there are many criminal illegals here from many other countries...of course.

and Yes, in this day and age, I want to know if the person is an illegal, and what his prior arrest status is....I believe Americans need to wake up.....
OK, fair enough. But it seems to me that if a suspect does have immigration issues, that fact will emerge as the investigation proceeds, just as prior arrests emerge, so you will find out eventually. I doubt whether this fact would be withheld from the public, by either law enforcement or reporters.

Old 02-25-2015, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
OK, fair enough. But it seems to me that if a suspect does have immigration issues, that fact will emerge as the investigation proceeds, just as prior arrests emerge, so you will find out eventually. I doubt whether this fact would be withheld from the public, by either law enforcement or reporters.
No, it doesn't they keep it covered up....
I have a meat packing plant down the street from me....it's out in the country...they've had countless problems there, with knives, threats and now even a murder....the owner hires all illegals...it is huge...and somehow, he toned down any reports on this last stabbing and murder....

I think it's high time the American Public knows when a criminal that is arrested is an illegal, to see, how much of this is going on....the fact remains, that the owner of this plant continues to get away with it, while the illegals are hiding in this little tiny town...working there, and yet, we have terrible crimes going on...but it is not reported on much....and they don't mention the names, or if they are illegals....this owner of the plant has hired these illegals for years, and is making money out the gazzoo....and it isn't right, it's got to stop.

It puts our communities at risk...

and don't get me wrong, there are some very decent hard working illegals however, the fact remains they are illegal and it's got to stop, b/c it opens the doors to all kinds of crime, including kidnapping children and selling them to other countries for slave labor....or prostitution....

Old 02-25-2015, 12:01 PM

9,184 posts, read 5,702,917 times
Quote:
Lawyer: Truck driver did 'all he could' before train crash - vagazette.com

"Criminal records in his home state of Arizona show Sanchez-Ramirez pleaded guilty in 1998 to a host of violations in a single DUI case, including driving with a blood-alcohol content above .08 percent the legal limit in the state failure to obey a police officer, having liquor with a "minor on the premises" and having no insurance, the Los Angeles Times reported Wednesday.

In 2004, Ramirez was convicted of a local driving infraction in Yuma, and in 2007, he was cited for failure to obey a traffic control device."

His lawyers say "Jose Alejandro Sanchez-Ramirez, did not abandon the truck but rather went for help... he didn't call authorities because he was "in shock" and didn't even realize he had a phone on him...
F450, big trailer , and using it for business...doesn't that require a CDL ? If so, how the H_ell did he get one with the DUI ?

Old 02-25-2015, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
F450, big trailer , and using it for business...doesn't that require a CDL ? If so, how the H_ell did he get one with the DUI ?
maybe he stole it?

It all seems a little fishy doesn't it....

Old 02-25-2015, 01:29 PM

1,943 posts, read 2,746,457 times
Quote:
I suspect he is a legal resident. Police say the driver is Jose Alejandro Sanchez-Ramirez, 54, of Yuma, Arizona - indicating that he resided there. You can't leave Yuma without running into an interior Border Patrol checkpoint. He was also drving "His Ford F-450 pickup, which was pulling trailer equipment and welding tools" so he must have encountered a checkpoint.
Not necessarily.

The guy who lived in Utah and drove to Sacramento and killed two of our police officers was a twice-deported illegal living under an assumed name. He owned his car too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or