U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2015, 11:16 AM

2,798 posts, read 2,253,437 times

Advertisements

The 5 Creepiest Details from GQ’s Long-Awaited Account of A Voice for Men’s Conference Last Summer | we hunted the mammoth

Quote:
When one of his daughters came home one night and said she’d been raped, he said, “Are you ****ing kidding me?” Sitting with us, he hikes his voice up to a falsetto in imitation: ” ‘Oh, I just got raped.’ ” He laughs. There’s a moment of silence. A bridge too far? “I told her if she pressed charges, I’d disown her.”

Elam, whose attention has drifted, grins through his beard. “That’s good fathering,” he says.
But there's no such thing as "rape culture"...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2015, 11:23 AM

16,499 posts, read 15,961,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Oh for Pete's sake, guys snapped girls bra straps all the time when I was in school. It happened to me all the time. Overreacting if you ask me.
How often did you snap boys jockstraps? And were the boys OK with you doing it "all the time" even after they reported it to the teacher? And even after their jock strap broke? And they reported it to the teacher and the BOY was the one who go into trouble.

They girl reported it to the male teacher and he ignored it. Finally the bra actually became undone from being snapped.

Old 02-28-2015, 11:42 AM

750 posts, read 606,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by germaine2626 View Post
How often did you snap boys jockstraps? And were the boys OK with you doing it "all the time" even after they reported it to the teacher? And even after their jock strap broke? And they reported it to the teacher and the BOY was the one who go into trouble.

They girl reported it to the male teacher and he ignored it. Finally the bra actually became undone from being snapped.
I see you're still yapping about a fake story because reality doesn't fall in line with your agenda. Oh the horror that Her bra came undone!!! What will she ever do? Good thing she has a shirt on still and can easily put the bra back in place. You women sound like you've never been touched in your lives. Starving for some domination but detesting it in public. The same people who get off to 50 Shades in private but shame it on your Jezebel account lol

Old 02-28-2015, 12:02 PM

19,888 posts, read 36,422,016 times
You know, I'm beginning to hear the tippy tap of little goat feet crossing a bridge here.

Old 02-28-2015, 12:07 PM

2,533 posts, read 2,386,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scratchie View Post
If this third-person account (that of a father and his raped daughter) is true rather than apocryphal, it involves one idiot who has no right calling himself a father.

There are individuals consumed with hatred and steeped in gender stereotypes among both the men's rights activists, and among feminists. Picking isolated extremist attitudes from the broader majority of those involved on either side, is neither reasonable, nor beneficial, in addressing what has become a serious problem of gender-based disunity.

It would be incredibly easy for me to counter your post with an assortment of hate-filled statements made by various radical feminists. I have no intention of doing that here because I would much rather have a respectful discussion about a very complex issue.

I have no affiliation with any men's rights groups, nor do I (any longer) consider myself to be feminist. I do, however, believe in the premise that women and men should be treated equally with respect to law and civil rights, and that it isn't necessary to discriminate against or verbally disparage one sex, or the other, in order to achieve that equality.

Old 02-28-2015, 01:02 PM

991 posts, read 724,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JobSeeker101 View Post
I see you're still yapping about a fake story because reality doesn't fall in line with your agenda. Oh the horror that Her bra came undone!!! What will she ever do? Good thing she has a shirt on still and can easily put the bra back in place. You women sound like you've never been touched in your lives. Starving for some domination but detesting it in public. The same people who get off to 50 Shades in private but shame it on your Jezebel account lol
I'll ask again, are you a Men's Right Advocate or aligned with some other branch of the "manosphere"? You sure sound like you are.

Old 02-28-2015, 01:07 PM

991 posts, read 724,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogead View Post
There are individuals consumed with hatred and steeped in gender stereotypes among both the men's rights activists, and among feminists. Picking isolated extremist attitudes from the broader majority of those involved on either side, is neither reasonable, nor beneficial, in addressing what has become a serious problem of gender-based disunity.
I don't believe these attitudes are "isolated" among that particular group of people (the men's rights advocates that are all part of the "manosphere," Red Pill, Men Going Their Own Way). I also don't doubt that the GQ article is accurate. It's not some snopes-debunked chain email story we're talking about, it's a recent account of some people going to this MRA convention and reporting what they witnessed there. Unless you think they're taking a page from Brian Williams, then I think we must believe the story as reported.

Of course there are men who have legitimate concerns and beefs about some of the inequity and overly politically correct philosophies out there, but they don't generally associate with the "manosphere" groups, because those groups are toxic and extreme. A well-balanced man with some legitimate concerns wouldn't want anything to do with the manosphere. Those people are nuts.

I don't know much about which feminist groups are extreme and which are not. The ones who are extreme are no different than the manosphere. All toxic, nasty people.

Old 02-28-2015, 01:56 PM

2,367 posts, read 1,525,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texashorselady View Post
you know, i'm beginning to hear the tippy tap of little goat feet crossing a bridge here.
lmao! +1

Old 02-28-2015, 02:02 PM

2,367 posts, read 1,525,771 times
Acutally, the Heartwarming site provides a link to another site.

Was Bra-ced For A Different Reaction Funny & Interesting Student, Teacher, Parent, & Staff School Stories – Not Always Learning

If I found anything to make me skeptical, as an American, it would be the concept of Catholic Schools in the UK. As I recall, Henry the Eighth took over all the Catholic Churches are turned them into Church of England churches. As it turns out, there are plenty of them, so I see no reason to assume the parent submitted story is fake.

Last edited by ConeyGirl52; 02-28-2015 at 02:16 PM..

Old 02-28-2015, 02:26 PM

2,798 posts, read 2,253,437 times
Quote:
. I do, however, believe in the premise that women and men should be treated equally with respect to law and civil rights, and that it isn't necessary to discriminate against or verbally disparage one sex, or the other, in order to achieve that equality.
So then I take it you agree 100% with the message of the story from the first post?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events