U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2015, 08:01 PM

19,057 posts, read 10,086,762 times

Advertisements

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2015, 08:08 PM

2,798 posts, read 2,253,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JobSeeker101 View Post
The older generation didn't believe in raping people.
Actually, a lot of them sort of did.

Quote:
Today, if a guy treats you like a sex toy then you don't associate with him.
That's what the girl in this story was trying to do, and he wouldn't leave her alone.

Quote:
Many women (probably not you)
I'm a guy.

Quote:
today are embracing this hyper sexual culture and presenting themselves as sex objects. As a man, it saddens me that they do this.
As women, I'm sure they couldn't care less what you think.

Quote:
Class, manners, and truly getting to know someone has gone completely out of the window for my generation.
Speak for yourself.

Quote:
I've met many women that moved on if I didn't have sex with them within the first week of merely texting them.
Have you considered the possibility that they just didn't like you?

Quote:
I kind of prefer to actually see if they are capable of conversation before jumping in bed, not to mention avoiding STDs and unwanted pregnancies.
It must be rough, having all those women trying to drag you into bed without even speaking to you first.

Quote:
Btw, I believe racism would have been largely dead by now if the media didn't keep pushing it on us.
Wow, you're a real deep thinker, ain't ya?

Old 03-06-2015, 08:23 PM

2,798 posts, read 2,253,437 times

Old 03-06-2015, 09:10 PM

24 posts, read 28,647 times

This is brilliant!

Old 03-06-2015, 10:23 PM

991 posts, read 724,159 times
Quote:
I still don't see this situation as something to get so distraught over. I'm not old, and people still did stuff like this when I was in high school. Sure it was juvenile, but teenagers aren't known for their maturity. The girls sometimes got annoyed, and sometimes liked the attention depending on the guy that was doing it. They never had emotional distress over it though or wanted to fight people. Then again in reality the teacher would always get onto the person causing a disturbance. We have to remember this story is false, and meant to have people make a fuss over it.
The premise of the story is worth discussing.

When did you have someone try to remove some part of your underwear in the classroom? Maybe you believe that young teenage girls shouldn't get distraught, but that doesn't mean none of them ever did, and that they should just put up with it.

A lot of women on this thread can identify with this particular story (true or not) because similar things happened to us. Sexual harassment right in the classroom, by much bigger boys, and the teacher or authorities look the other way. AND, if we dare to retaliate (even in some minor way), we are the ones to get the stinkeye.

Ask me how I know.

Old 03-06-2015, 10:29 PM

750 posts, read 606,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elvira310 View Post
The premise of the story is worth discussing.

When did you have someone try to remove some part of your underwear in the classroom? Maybe you believe that young teenage girls shouldn't get distraught, but that doesn't mean none of them ever did, and that they should just put up with it.

A lot of women on this thread can identify with this particular story (true or not) because similar things happened to us. Sexual harassment right in the classroom, by much bigger boys, and the teacher or authorities look the other way. AND, if we dare to retaliate (even in some minor way), we are the ones to get the stinkeye.

Ask me how I know.
I've been "sexually harassed" plenty in high school and beyond as well. Sometimes from girls touching my arms, and mostly from them grabbing my butt. More women have done that without permission than I could count. I wasn't distraught or wanted to fight them either. Sometimes I grab or slap their butt right back. I guess we just don't get too up in arms over the little things around here.

Old 03-06-2015, 10:37 PM

26,163 posts, read 14,482,728 times
Thumbs down  

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeaceAndLove42
I can't believe the teacher wouldn't do anything and when she finally did retaliate they were more upset at the girl defending herself than what the boy did!
Thats no surprise seeing how me$$ed up this country is now!!

Old 03-06-2015, 11:02 PM

Quote:
I've been "sexually harassed" plenty in high school and beyond as well. Sometimes from girls touching my arms, and mostly from them grabbing my butt. More women have done that without permission than I could count. I wasn't distraught or wanted to fight them either. Sometimes I grab or slap their butt right back. I guess we just don't get too up in arms over the little things around here.
I asked if anyone tried to take your undergarments off. Has anyone tried to do that to you? Has someone MUCH LARGER than you tried to do that to you? We can't take out the size element here—these boys are much larger and stronger than the girls. Were these girls who touched your arms or grabbed your butt much larger and physically imposing?

Also you mention that you grab and slap back. So you admit that you "retaliate" in some way. So why can't girls do that to the boys who are harassing them?

When you say you weren't distraught when these girls touched you and grabbed you (which I find incredibly rude of them to do). So if a big football player, much stronger than you, grabbed your butt and/or tried to take off your undergarment right in front of everyone in class, you wouldn't feel any reaction, wouldn't want to fight back against that, is that it?

Old 03-06-2015, 11:18 PM

750 posts, read 606,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elvira310 View Post
I asked if anyone tried to take your undergarments off. Has anyone tried to do that to you? Has someone MUCH LARGER than you tried to do that to you? We can't take out the size element here—these boys are much larger and stronger than the girls. Were these girls who touched your arms or grabbed your butt much larger and physically imposing?

Also you mention that you grab and slap back. So you admit that you "retaliate" in some way. So why can't girls do that to the boys who are harassing them?

When you say you weren't distraught when these girls touched you and grabbed you (which I find incredibly rude of them to do). So if a big football player, much stronger than you, grabbed your butt and/or tried to take off your undergarment right in front of everyone in class, you wouldn't feel any reaction, wouldn't want to fight back against that, is that it?
Popping a bra strap isn't going to strip anyone nude, so we can rule that out. It's just annoying.

I played football, and what you mentioned happened all of the time in a joking way.

The point is neither the girls or guys felt sexually harassed. It was all in good fun and just kids picking on each other. Now if an unattractive guy did it to them, yes they would get very angry.

It wasn't retaliating, it was flirting. Grabbing my butt is a direct invitation to feel theirs as well. Eye for an eye

Old 03-06-2015, 11:53 PM

Quote:
Popping a bra strap isn't going to strip anyone nude, so we can rule that out. It's just annoying.
How many times have you had your bra strap popped or unhooked?

I can't believe I'm having to explain this.

When a girl is well-endowed, or even marginally endowed, a bra keeps things up and in place. When the bra is unhooked, everything starts to go free. It's obvious to everyone who sees her that this is what has happened. Especially when a girl is well-endowed.

Why the hell would she wear a bra in the first place, except to keep things in place? And now they're not in place, and it's uncomfortable and there's a chance that others can see that. She can't just rehook her bra right there, so she'll have to wait until she get get to a bathroom. Until then, everything is hanging loose.

You don't think that's not embarrassing? You don't think there isn't a sexual harassment element there? You mean that teenaged boys aren't thinking boobies? Oh, wait, it doesn't mean anything when they try to unhook her bra, is that it? Who are you trying to kid?

Quote:
I played football, and what you mentioned happened all of the time in a joking way.
Were these big hulking guys who did that to you, were they sexually attracted to you? So you mean that if an openly gay, very large football player started to grab your butt or take off some undergarments, it wouldn't take on a different meaning to you?

Quote:
The point is neither the girls or guys felt sexually harassed.
So you know for a certainty that none of the girls felt harassed, but knew that if she showed that, it would make it worse? You can't possibly know what was in the hearts of every girl who got her bra snapped or (as we are talking here) her bra unhooked.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events