U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2015, 12:16 AM

750 posts, read 642,173 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by elvira310 View Post
So you know for a certainty that none of the girls felt harassed, but knew that if she showed that, it would make it worse? You can't possibly know what was in the hearts of every girl who got her bra snapped or (as we are talking here) her bra unhooked.
I gave you personal situations that I have experienced and seen, and somehow you think you know more about what happened in those situations than I do. Also, gay men has nothing to do with this thread. Girls boobs do not and have never miraculously fallen out of their shirt because their bra strap came loose. Unless they hang low to the floor without support that is...

Anyway, I see rather than being able to accept someone elses view, you choose to dissect them when you don't even know what happened in these situations. I don't believe a reasonable discussion could be had with you so this is where our communication ends. Have a nice night.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2015, 01:18 AM

1,024 posts, read 789,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JobSeeker101 View Post
I gave you personal situations that I have experienced and seen, and somehow you think you know more about what happened in those situations than I do.
So you polled all these girls and know for a certainty that they were never intimidated, never annoyed, when a much larger boy snapped or tried to unhook their bras?

Quote:
Also, gay men has nothing to do with this thread.
Much larger, physically intimidating people who are sexually attracted to you (or at least people of your gender) have EVERYTHING to do with this thread.

The guys who may have grabbed you were probably not gay, or if they were gay, you didn't know that at the time. The dynamic between two guys horsing around, and a much bigger guy trying to unhook the bra of a much smaller girl (and the girl knows that her boobies are a source of fascination, sexual attraction) is much different.

If you haven't experienced that, you have no idea what it feels like.

Quote:
Girls boobs do not and have never miraculously fallen out of their shirt because their bra strap came loose. Unless they hang low to the floor without support that is...
Do you have large breasts? If not, you have no clue what you're talking about. They don't flop out from underneath the blouse, but they move around more freely, jiggle around, and this can be visible. And a source of fascination, I might add.

Quote:
Anyway, I see rather than being able to accept someone elses view, you choose to dissect them when you don't even know what happened in these situations. I don't believe a reasonable discussion could be had with you so this is where our communication ends. Have a nice night.
You are trying to claim that you know what it feels like, and that you don't think that these girls should be distraught.

But you haven't been grabbed or harassed by a much larger person who is sexually attracted to you, and you don't have large breasts and you don't know what it feels like to have your bra unhooked so your large breasts are not as constrained. If bras had no purpose, if there was no difference in what a girl looked like when she wore them or didn't wear them, then nobody would wear them.

So you really have no clue.

Old 03-07-2015, 07:19 AM

6,467 posts, read 1,302,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scratchie View Post
Newsflash: The only time a "rational person clearly thinks sex is going to happen" is when their partner has consented to having sex. Doing otherwise makes you a rapist.
What is your definition of "sex"? If a man and woman are in the midst of intense "hot and heavy" foreplay with both people clearly aroused, then sexual activity is obviously already occurring. As to whether it will proceed to actual sexual intercourse, I completely agree with you that BOTH people should agree, even if penetration is literally just an inch away. However, in this situation, I do think that any "reasonable person clearly" would "think that"sex"[ual intercourse] "is going to happen," and that it probably will happen with the consent of both people, unless one of the people is either into manipulation, thinks that everything up to (but not including) penetration is okay, or is very inexperienced and naive (not very likely in today's world for anyone over the age of thirteen unless that person has been raised in a convent or something similar).

Old 03-07-2015, 11:42 AM

21,698 posts, read 23,604,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JobSeeker101 View Post
I've been "sexually harassed" plenty in high school and beyond as well. Sometimes from girls touching my arms, and mostly from them grabbing my butt. More women have done that without permission than I could count. I wasn't distraught or wanted to fight them either. Sometimes I grab or slap their butt right back. I guess we just don't get too up in arms over the little things around here.
Did they stop when you said "Stop?" If the girls continued to do it, it was at their own peril. They would have deserved at least a shove.

So maybe the difference here is that you did not feel harassed only that it was a joke because you didn't get up in arms about it. And if you grabbed or slapped a butt you obviously retaliated. That's all I am saying girls should do if they don't want this kind of attention and boys won't stop doing it.

What the discussion here is about unwanted attention. We women are talking about NOT wanting to have bras snapped. Whether or not this story is entirely accurate, the point is, if this girl or any in this position told the boy to quit doing it, he should have stopped. Or better yet, not have done it at all.

There is nothing funny about a bra coming undone. It's uncomfortable and embarrassing. Think about having your pants unbuttoned. When I pulled on the guy's pants who wouldn't stop snapping my bra in the post I gave earlier, he was not only embarrassed he feared his pants would slip. Back in the day, boys weren't allowed to wear jeans so no snaps on their pants, only buttons. Tug hard enough and those buttons could come open or worse yet come off.

See, that's how it felt for him and that's why he was so shocked. I am a firm believer in "See, how do you like it?" Believe me, that boy never snapped another bra again because he was afraid of the consequences. Violence unnecessary.

Old 03-07-2015, 11:47 AM

21,698 posts, read 23,604,210 times
This little girl had the right idea. Nobody will dare snap her bra when she starts wearing one.

4-year-old girl’s response to boy who called her ugly is perfect | WGN-TV

Old 03-07-2015, 04:08 PM

6,467 posts, read 1,302,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minervah View Post
This little girl had the right idea. Nobody will dare snap her bra when she starts wearing one.

4-year-old girl’s response to boy who called her ugly is perfect | WGN-TV
That is just too precocious for words! Good for her!

Old 03-31-2016, 02:32 PM

1 posts, read 495 times
This is a one sided story what about the fact that the teacher may have been actually trying to teach the lesson, deal with the possible many other secondary school children in the class who might also be displaying, poor behaviour for learning such as who may throwing pencils, eating, drinking fizzy drinks, chewing gum, shouting out, getting out of seat for a wander around the classroom, oh and the teacher was most probably trying to record all of this on a behaviour logging system, for each child, while setting the work for the lesson, maybe also giveing out /collecting in homework, possibly helping some other students with learning the lessons content and then making sure all the students are making at least good progress. Oh well guess the bra twanging should of been the priority...

Old 03-31-2016, 03:32 PM

12,123 posts, read 10,274,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doodsmisses View Post
This is a one sided story what about the fact that the teacher may have been actually trying to teach the lesson, deal with the possible many other secondary school children in the class who might also be displaying, poor behaviour for learning such as who may throwing pencils, eating, drinking fizzy drinks, chewing gum, shouting out, getting out of seat for a wander around the classroom, oh and the teacher was most probably trying to record all of this on a behaviour logging system, for each child, while setting the work for the lesson, maybe also giveing out /collecting in homework, possibly helping some other students with learning the lessons content and then making sure all the students are making at least good progress. Oh well guess the bra twanging should of been the priority...
Now THAT is how you do a run-on sentence folks! Applause!

Old 03-31-2016, 07:04 PM

33,046 posts, read 21,977,973 times
So this is a UK story and they have a position called Head of Year.

What the heck is a Head of Year? Does it change every year? Does the position offer a pay rise?

Old 04-03-2016, 11:41 PM

5,723 posts, read 4,516,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeaceAndLove42 View Post
This is so ridiculous!

This Girl Did This After The Boy At School Twanged Her Bra. What Followed Is Gold. - Heartwarming

Read the story at the link. The whole situation is crazy but the end was on a good note.

I can't believe the teacher wouldn't do anything and when she finally did retaliate they were more upset at the girl defending herself than what the boy did!

Why do school admins have to be so STUPID and defend the instigator and punish someone that just defends themselves???
Frankly, I certainly respect this girl for fighting the good fight.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events