U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2015, 02:15 PM

19,879 posts, read 36,379,125 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JobSeeker101 View Post
The story is fake first of all.

There is ZERO correlation between a boy picking on a girl and his tendency to commit sexual assault. Stop pushing your agenda, which is based on the heaviest twisting of facts, on our children please.
Actually, there is a correlation when the boy is taught that it's okay to ignore a young woman saying no. After all, rape isn't a crime of sex, it's a crime of dominance, and it's done by men who are using their penis and their fists as a bludgeon, because they've learned that "no" from a woman can be ignored with impunity and the penis is just one more thing they can hit her with.

And you are justifying this exactly why?

Twanging the bra once, maybe twice, is picking on her. Twanging it at all after she says stop, never mind to the point of unfastening it, is assault. It's a matter of degree, but if he's going to assault her in that manner, he should expect retaliation, and he's lucky it was just a bloody nose in this apocryphal tale.

The true villain in this piece is the teacher. Somehow from what you've said, I would expect that if you were in the teacher in this piece, you would act as he did, and you would be absolutely wrong.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2015, 02:18 PM

750 posts, read 605,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scratchie View Post
Call it flirting if you will; the rapey part comes when she tells him to stop and he ignores her.

How would you feel if some kid kept touching your daughter's bra after she told him to stop? Would you tell her to just relax and shut up?
There is no rapey part involved. Saying there is would be an incredible injustice to REAL rape victims. Statements like you all are making is what is leading to the incredible rise of false rape claims. You want justice, but completely ignore the facts of the statistics and reality of real victims.

Old 02-27-2015, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasHorseLady View Post
Actually, there is a correlation when the boy is taught that it's okay to ignore a young woman saying no. After all, rape isn't a crime of sex, it's a crime of dominance, and it's done by men who are using their penis and their fists as a bludgeon, because they've learned that "no" from a woman can be ignored with impunity and the penis is just one more thing they can hit her with.

And you are justifying this exactly why?

Twanging the bra once, maybe twice, is picking on her. Twanging it at all after she says stop, never mind to the point of unfastening it, is assault. It's a matter of degree, but if he's going to assault her in that manner, he should expect retaliation, and he's lucky it was just a bloody nose in this apocryphal tale.

The true villain in this piece is the teacher. Somehow from what you've said, I would expect that if you were in the teacher in this piece, you would act as he did, and you would be absolutely wrong.
It is a crime of violence. That is by the book, saying anything else is wrong. NO ONE is taught that rape is okay. There is ZERO culture in America that promotes this. Only the mentally insane commit crimes such as this and murder. Why are all of you ignoring every fact and statistic available, and only coming up with your own misguided opinions? Some of us are actually formally educated about all of this, and it is clear who isn't. I have personally stopped rape from happening to a drunk girl. And again, no there is NO correlation to teasing a girl at school and their tendency to rape. Zero, zip, nada.

Old 02-27-2015, 02:29 PM

3,048 posts, read 1,568,863 times
Quote:
It is a crime of violence. That is by the book, saying anything else is wrong. NO ONE is taught that rape is okay. There is ZERO culture in America that promotes this. Only the mentally insane commit crimes such as this and murder. Why are all of you ignoring every fact and statistic available, and only coming up with your own misguided opinions? Some of us are actually formally educated about all of this, and it is clear who isn't. I have personally stopped rape from happening to a drunk girl. And again, no there is NO correlation to teasing a girl at school and their tendency to rape. Zero, zip, nada.
You seem to be going out of your way to defend this kid who clearly has boundary issues. Btw, why are you obsessing about a story you think is fake? This kid deserved what he got.

Old 02-27-2015, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by budlight View Post
You seem to be going out of your way to defend this kid who clearly has boundary issues. Btw, why are you obsessing about a story you think is fake? This kid deserved what he got.
I'm not personally defending the fake kid. I am trying to talk some logic into people that clearly have no idea what rape means, that there is no "rape culture", that no kid is taught it is okay, how only the mentally deranged commit these crimes, how there is no correlation between the story and rape, and the facts/statistics of actual rape and what the real victims suffer through that is being undermined by uneducated people yeliing rape at any and every opportunity because it satisfies their sick agenda.

Old 02-27-2015, 02:42 PM

Quote:
There is no rapey part involved. Saying there is would be an incredible injustice to REAL rape victims. Statements like you all are making is what is leading to the incredible rise of false rape claims. You want justice, but completely ignore the facts of the statistics and reality of real victims.
Sorry, but I don't think that it is an injustice to me. Otherwise I wouldn't have said it.

Old 02-27-2015, 02:45 PM

2,798 posts, read 2,248,717 times
Quote:
There is no rapey part involved.
No? Is it completely outside the realm of possibility that a boy who won't listen when a girl tells him to stop might grow up to be a man who doesn't listen when a woman tells him to stop? That's just completely outside the conceivable bounds of human behavior? What's the air like on your planet?

Quote:
Statements like you all are making is what is leading to the incredible rise of false rape claims.
What "incredible rise of false rape claims" would that be? Please post the specific facts that back up this claim.

Old 02-27-2015, 02:46 PM

18,972 posts, read 10,024,067 times
Quote:
I'm not personally defending the fake kid. I am trying to talk some logic into people that clearly have no idea what rape means, that there is no "rape culture", that no kid is taught it is okay, how only the mentally deranged commit these crimes, how there is no correlation between the story and rape, and the facts/statistics of actual rape and what the real victims suffer through that is being undermined by uneducated people yeliing rape at any and every opportunity because it satisfies their sick agenda.
I suppose you believe only in "real" rape and think things like acquaintance rape doesn't happen?

Accepting the story for the purposes of discussion, the girl tried to set and enforce a boundary, and the boy ignored that. How exactly does that have ZERO to do with rape, when it's the same dynamics involved? Yes, thank goodness snapping a bra isn't going to have the same life altering impact. But having someone unhook your bra without your consent? Well, that's getting a whole lot more uncomfortable for the girl. If she were alone with him somewhere and he started to take off her clothing, wouldn't that be a big problem?

Deny it all you want, but rape culture is real, and a teenage girl shouldn't be made to feel unsafe in her classroom because some boy who is bigger and stronger thinks that his desire to tease, or even if you want to call it flirting, outweighs her desire to have him leave her alone.

The only sick agenda here is yours.

Old 02-27-2015, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
I suppose you believe only in "real" rape and think things like acquaintance rape doesn't happen?

Accepting the story for the purposes of discussion, the girl tried to set and enforce a boundary, and the boy ignored that. How exactly does that have ZERO to do with rape, when it's the same dynamics involved? Yes, thank goodness snapping a bra isn't going to have the same life altering impact. But having someone unhook your bra without your consent? Well, that's getting a whole lot more uncomfortable for the girl. If she were alone with him somewhere and he started to take off her clothing, wouldn't that be a big problem?

Deny it all you want, but rape culture is real, and a teenage girl shouldn't be made to feel unsafe in her classroom because some boy who is bigger and stronger thinks that his desire to tease, or even if you want to call it flirting, outweighs her desire to have him leave her alone.

The only sick agenda here is yours.
I hope you all one day find the motivation to educate yourselves and think about how you are destroying credibility for true rape victims by hollering rape when someone looks at you wrong. Thank you for your completely illogical opinions. Not a single response had a fact listed. You all couldn't even get the definition of rape correct. Move to India, and then tell me that America is the one with a rape culture problem. Something tells me you will want to come back real fast. Something also tells me you have dealt with rejection by men your entire life, thus resulting in an extreme feminist agenda. I'm out of here. Nothing more to see or say. I'll let you ladies keep patting yourselves on the back for being repugnant and willfully ignorant. There are real rape victims suffering, and you are doing nothing to help them. Remember that.

Old 02-27-2015, 02:57 PM

Quote:
You clearly haven't been paying attention.

Steubenville

Culver City

Richmond

That's just high school, and I could go on, and on, but you can look it up for yourself if you're really interested in seeing whether or not "there is ZERO culture in America that promotes this".

The responsibility starts with us, parents, schools, everyone, teaching our children that no means no no matter WHAT you're doing to someone else (this goes for girls, too, by the way), and not excusing it as the teacher in the story did and as you are doing here.

Note that in two of those cases it was so far from "a false accusation" of rape that the rapists, young high school football players who presumably weren't mentally insane but had learned that they were entitled and no doesn't mean no, videoed the assaults and sent them around as something to show off.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events