U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 02-27-2015, 03:01 PM
 
Location: Central Texas
19,880 posts, read 36,385,911 times
Reputation: 21312

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JobSeeker101 View Post
I hope you all one day find the motivation to educate yourselves and think about how you are destroying credibility for true rape victims by hollering rape when someone looks at you wrong. Thank you for your completely illogical opinions. Not a single response had a fact listed. You all couldn't even get the definition of rape correct. Move to India, and then tell me that America is the one with a rape culture problem. Something tells me you will want to come back real fast. Something also tells me you have dealt with rejection by men your entire life, thus resulting in an extreme feminist agenda. I'm out of here. Nothing more to see or say. I'll let you ladies keep patting yourselves on the back for being repugnant and willfully ignorant. There are real rape victims suffering, and you are doing nothing to help them. Remember that.
You clearly missed the subtlety of my earlier response to you. I, for one, of the "ladies" here (there may well be more) don't have to imagine what rape victims suffer. Do you? I certainly don't want you speaking for me either way.

As for dealing with rejection by men my entire life, not hardly, honey. That's your ego talking.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-27-2015, 03:10 PM
 
24,718 posts, read 26,785,278 times
Reputation: 22714
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
Totally believable story. When I clicked the link, it said "like us on FB to read the article" but I didn't and the box disappeared and the story came in clearly.
You have to click the X in the top right hand corner of the box. Took me a while to find it, but it worked when I clicked it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-27-2015, 04:04 PM
 
750 posts, read 605,813 times
Reputation: 1106
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasHorseLady View Post


That's just high school, and I could go on, and on, but you can look it up for yourself if you're really interested in seeing whether or not "there is ZERO culture in America that promotes this".

The responsibility starts with us, parents, schools, everyone, teaching our children that no means no no matter WHAT you're doing to someone else (this goes for girls, too, by the way), and not excusing it as the teacher in the story did and as you are doing here.

Note that in two of those cases it was so far from "a false accusation" of rape that the rapists, young high school football players who presumably weren't mentally insane but had learned that they were entitled and no doesn't mean no, videoed the assaults and sent them around as something to show off.
The rate of rape and sexual assault was 1.2 times higher for nonstudents (7.6 per 1,000) than for students (6.1 per 1,000). Age 18-24 females. This is official DOJ statistics. Hardly a rape culture. Violent crimes have been steadily falling for two decades straight. You don't teach a murderer not to murder, so why do you all keep saying you should "teach" boys not to rape? This is a rare crime, hardly the overinflated and incorrect statistics feminists tried to push. We could also teach people how to not put themselves in sketchy situations, but that would mean everyone taking responsibility for themselves and we wouldn't want that huh? You don't lay on the interstate and then whine when a car hits you. It is called being smart and knowing your situation. Don't get blackout drunk around people you don't know. Stupid actions have consequences, even if the consequences are unfair. Accountability people.

I see none of you are concerned about male on male prison rape... you know, the statistic that occurs astronomically more than rape against women? Ehh screw it, doesn't fit your false agenda.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-27-2015, 04:09 PM
 
273 posts, read 279,042 times
Reputation: 347
It is quite possible for someone to have issues with both inhumane treatment of prisoners as well as a society that generally engages in victim-blaming when a woman actually does come forward saying she was raped. Do your DOJ stats (that you for some reason don't link) count only times when charges are actually filed?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-27-2015, 04:16 PM
 
750 posts, read 605,813 times
Reputation: 1106
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiplingif View Post
It is quite possible for someone to have issues with both inhumane treatment of prisoners as well as a society that generally engages in victim-blaming when a woman actually does come forward saying she was raped. Do your DOJ stats (that you for some reason don't link) count only times when charges are actually filed?
Can you really not google "doj rape statistics"? It is the first link. Yes it is possible, yet literally no "rape culture agenda pusher" has ever mentioned it. Victim blaming is becoming widespread due to so many huge news stories about false rape accusations that ruined many men's lives. It is truly sickening that people falsely claim rape, ruin someones life, and then barely get punished when the lie comes to light. All of that for attention? These women falsely accusing guys are destroying the real victims credibility and I find that very sad honestly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-27-2015, 04:35 PM
 
Location: Central Texas
19,880 posts, read 36,385,911 times
Reputation: 21312
Quote:
Originally Posted by JobSeeker101 View Post
The rate of rape and sexual assault was 1.2 times higher for nonstudents (7.6 per 1,000) than for students (6.1 per 1,000). Age 18-24 females. This is official DOJ statistics. Hardly a rape culture. Violent crimes have been steadily falling for two decades straight. You don't teach a murderer not to murder, so why do you all keep saying you should "teach" boys not to rape? This is a rare crime, hardly the overinflated and incorrect statistics feminists tried to push. We could also teach people how to not put themselves in sketchy situations, but that would mean everyone taking responsibility for themselves and we wouldn't want that huh? You don't lay on the interstate and then whine when a car hits you. It is called being smart and knowing your situation. Don't get blackout drunk around people you don't know. Stupid actions have consequences, even if the consequences are unfair. Accountability people.

I see none of you are concerned about male on male prison rape... you know, the statistic that occurs astronomically more than rape against women? Ehh screw it, doesn't fit your false agenda.
You mean male on male rape like this at a high school? Disguised as hazing (and, yes, like I said, it's about dominance, not sex).

What HAVE you been up to that you're all up in arms over the very idea that a young woman might defend herself, after saying no more than once, then going through what should be proper channels?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-27-2015, 04:43 PM
 
750 posts, read 605,813 times
Reputation: 1106
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasHorseLady View Post
You mean male on male rape like this at a high school? Disguised as hazing (and, yes, like I said, it's about dominance, not sex).

What HAVE you been up to that you're all up in arms over the very idea that a young woman might defend herself, after saying no more than once, then going through what should be proper channels?
So you're completely making up your own definition of rape, after being corrected? You try to deflect my educational info with facts and stats provided, by alluding that I might be a rapist? See, this is why we can't have nice things. You are living in your own personal fantasy land where everything you believe must be true, rather than facing the facts, reality, and education widely available. I guess you can't educate someone who doesn't want to learn. Have a nice weekend.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-27-2015, 04:44 PM
 
Location: Baja Virginia
2,798 posts, read 2,249,422 times
Reputation: 3960
Quote:
Originally Posted by JobSeeker101 View Post
I guess you can't educate someone who doesn't want to learn.
The deuce you say.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-27-2015, 04:57 PM
 
Location: Central Texas
19,880 posts, read 36,385,911 times
Reputation: 21312
Quote:
Originally Posted by JobSeeker101 View Post
So you're completely making up your own definition of rape, after being corrected? You try to deflect my educational info with facts and stats provided, by alluding that I might be a rapist? See, this is why we can't have nice things. You are living in your own personal fantasy land where everything you believe must be true, rather than facing the facts, reality, and education widely available. I guess you can't educate someone who doesn't want to learn. Have a nice weekend.
Didn't allude that you might be a rapist - asked what you'd been up to that a girl defending herself has you so up in arms. For all I know you could be going around snapping women's bras and thinking it's just fine and even sexy enough to attract someone you have a crush on. (Hint: It's not, and it's not. And it's the woman who gets to determine that, not you.) And, to spell it out quite clearly for you since being at all subtle doesn't seem to work, I don't HAVE to make up my own definition of rape, I know what rape is, because I was raped. You keep ignoring that. Wonder why.

I didn't make up anything, but provided links to evidence that your statements were untrue. That you don't like that doesn't change the facts. Which proves your point:


I guess you can't educate someone who doesn't want to learn.

Thing is, it applies to you more than anyone here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-27-2015, 05:05 PM
 
750 posts, read 605,813 times
Reputation: 1106
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasHorseLady View Post
Didn't allude that you might be a rapist - asked what you'd been up to that a girl defending herself has you so up in arms. For all I know you could be going around snapping women's bras and thinking it's just fine and even sexy enough to attract someone you have a crush on. (Hint: It's not, and it's not. And it's the woman who gets to determine that, not you.) And, to spell it out quite clearly for you since being at all subtle doesn't seem to work, I don't HAVE to make up my own definition of rape, I know what rape is, because I was raped. You keep ignoring that. Wonder why.

I didn't make up anything, but provided links to evidence that your statements were untrue. That you don't like that doesn't change the facts. Which proves your point:


I guess you can't educate someone who doesn't want to learn.

Thing is, it applies to you more than anyone here.
Lol, of course you were. Says every angry feminist ever. You choose 3 isolated incidents as evidence to brush men with the agenda you push. I provide the entire nation's statistics. I think you are losing the facts battle, but your agenda isn't based on facts now is it... And no, I don't have to snap a woman's bra, they usually just happily take it off for me. Only the pretty girls though, the kind that enjoy being a woman and don't need to feel all mighty and powerful to be happy. Not the bitter, mostly unattractive and obese feminists. Don't you worry little lady, I'm sure that one feminist mod will soon be here to delete my posts and pat you on the back.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top