U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2015, 05:14 AM

2,868 posts, read 2,842,536 times

Advertisements

Saw it on the mainstream news this morning as well. From West London, a well-to-do family and even well educated. Probably left-leaning as well considering his background and education BUT I am not going to rush to judgment on that one either. What tips me on that one is that he is obviously anti-Western, which so many radical left-leaning people are. I am sure his name will be adorning the FBIs "ten most wanted" list if it isn't already.

BBC News - IS militant 'Jihadi John' named as Mohammed Emwazi from London
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2015, 05:40 AM

100 posts, read 76,912 times
Uh oh, his name is Mohammed. This can't be good.

Old 02-26-2015, 05:45 AM

54,140 posts, read 38,214,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DauntlessDan View Post
Saw it on the mainstream news this morning as well. From West London, a well-to-do family and even well educated. Probably left-leaning as well considering his background and education BUT I am not going to rush to judgment on that one either. What tips me on that one is that he is obviously anti-Western, which so many radical left-leaning people are. I am sure his name will be adorning the FBIs "ten most wanted" list if it isn't already.

BBC News - IS militant 'Jihadi John' named as Mohammed Emwazi from London
So, WHAT is the meaning of "Probably left-leaning" when one is NOT rushing to judgment?

Old 02-26-2015, 06:12 AM

2,868 posts, read 2,842,536 times
So, WHAT is the meaning of "Probably left-leaning" when one is NOT rushing to judgment?

The meaning is, how many pro-western right leaning individuals do you know of that would leave the west to go fight against the west in such a radical group as ISIS? Amongst other things ISIS has demonstrated that it is anti-west and anti Christian. It has a lot in common, in those aspects, with the radical progressive, atheist left in this country. "The enemy of my enemy is my friend" so to speak. I don't know of many "bible-thumping, right-wing, fundies" as you call them that would go and join ISIS, a group that beheads Americans and Christians amongst others. The man came from wealthy to-do roots with a good educational background. Perhaps he became Muslim in college and even was radicalized there, which wouldn't surprise me. Today's colleges/universities are as much "institutions of higher brainwashing" as they are institutions of higher learning. Anyway, I admitted that I may be wrong and I don't expect the media to reveal his or his family's political leanings especially if they do track left of center. Anyway, that is my take, take it or leave it.....

Old 02-26-2015, 06:15 AM

5,535 posts, read 4,378,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DauntlessDan View Post

The meaning is, how many pro-western right leaning individuals do you know of that would leave the west to go fight against the west in such a radical group as ISIS? Amongst other things ISIS has demonstrated that it is anti-west and anti Christian. It has a lot in common, in those aspects, with the radical progressive, atheist left in this country. "The enemy of my enemy is my friend" so to speak. I don't know of many "bible-thumping, right-wing, fundies" as you call them that would go and join ISIS, a group that beheads Americans and Christians amongst others. The man came from wealthy to-do roots with a good educational background. Perhaps he became Muslim in college and even was radicalized there, which wouldn't surprise me. Today's colleges/universities are as much "institutions of higher brainwashing" as they are institutions of higher learning. Anyway, I admitted that I may be wrong and I don't expect the media to reveal his or his family's political leanings especially if they do track left of center. Anyway, that is my take, take it or leave it.....
of course bible thumpers wouldn't join isis, but anyone that would is deeply indoctrinated into their own religion - so they are not left leaning.

Old 02-26-2015, 06:25 AM

14,330 posts, read 19,016,992 times
He was a computer programmer as well. Lends new meaning to the "CUT THROAT" culture that defines working among software engineers in Silicon Valley.

- a little attempt at humor there. Not done to make light of what he has done or what he represents.

Old 02-26-2015, 07:20 AM
Status: "My eyes are rolled back so far I can see my brain." (set 9 days ago)

13,361 posts, read 11,871,000 times
I don't know how you can presume he is left- or right- leaning. I would say he is neither. I don't know anyone on the left or right that thinks people who disagree with them should be beheaded or burned to death in a cage. "Left-" and "right-leaning" implies some understanding of democracy and the freedom of differing opinions. This man obviously doesn't believe in those concepts.

Old 02-26-2015, 07:30 AM

9,774 posts, read 7,102,126 times
Who cares if he is left wing or right wing? His wings along with his head should be clipped.

Old 02-26-2015, 07:51 AM

3,744 posts, read 3,272,855 times
I agree.. who cares... just remove his head.. place it facing his body and he can see what karma is all about for eternity

Old 02-26-2015, 08:25 AM

3,673 posts, read 3,251,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyInDeerPark View Post
Uh oh, his name is Mohammed. This can't be good.
Think he might be a Muslim?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or