Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2015, 10:47 PM

16,569 posts, read 15,268,500 times

Advertisements

Considering how badly they need money, I am now convinced they were replicas. If the museums in Baghdad were looted why wouldn’t the same thing happened in Mosul?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2015, 04:37 AM

59 posts, read 59,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
To you they might look ridiculous but they have a playbook. You see, they are the Islamic State.

"When Muhammad conquered Mecca in 630, he removed and had destroyed the statue of Hubal, along with the other 360 images at the Kaaba, and re-dedicated the structure to Allah.[6]"
How about your ignorance of Muslim Caliphates who ruled for 1400 years from Spain to India and didn't destroy The Pyramids, the sphinx and other monuments that those arrogant -who have nothing to do with Islam or any religion- destroying right now.

Old 02-28-2015, 05:57 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,531,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by d4g4m View Post
They want everything of the 10th century but they all drive around in a 2015 Toyota Tundra. Where are they getting all those new trucks anyway?

They're being bankrolled by our "friends" in Saudi and Kuwait.

You know, the ones we rescued from Saddam 14 years ago.

Old 02-28-2015, 05:58 AM

756 posts, read 833,879 times
Exclamation Is Is Is Not:

I don't know. I will never know. I think Is Is is a myth.

Old 02-28-2015, 08:14 AM

887 posts, read 1,215,123 times
Subhumans that have managed to evolve into bipeds somehow.

Old 02-28-2015, 11:20 AM

1,365 posts, read 1,015,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Caldwell View Post
Religions go through corrosive phases when they try to dominate human culture by destroying it. Christians did the same thing 1600 years ago. The only statues we have from antiquity are the ones that were already buried and forgotten at the time. Any time you put religion and government in the same dog cart it is an open invitation to fanaticism.
Christians only did that in response to the Muslim hoards that were taking over the Holy Land, parts of Europe, and North Africa. The Christian effort was a response to control the Muslim's natural inclination to spread Islam everywhere.

Old 02-28-2015, 11:24 AM

1,365 posts, read 1,015,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheri1983 View Post
How about your ignorance of Muslim Caliphates who ruled for 1400 years from Spain to India and didn't destroy The Pyramids, the sphinx and other monuments that those arrogant -who have nothing to do with Islam or any religion- destroying right now.
How do you know it wasn't them who destroyed the Sphinx's face, and so many other faces of ancient statues? Do you have any proof it wasn't them?

There's many instances of Muslims destroying ancient statues, so I wouldn't be surprised.

The subject of this thread is so sad. It reminds me of this:
The Bamiyan buddhas who were destroyed in Afghanistan by Muslims. Meet the Guys Who Helped Blow Up the World-Famous Bamiyan Buddhas

Old 02-28-2015, 11:49 AM

15,293 posts, read 17,678,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangokiwi View Post
Christians only did that in response to the Muslim hoards that were taking over the Holy Land, parts of Europe, and North Africa. The Christian effort was a response to control the Muslim's natural inclination to spread Islam everywhere.
Christians engaged in the destruction and desecration of images of antiquity as soon as they became the official religion of the Roman Empire. The worst period was from the 4th through 7th centuries, when roving Christian mobs smashed statues, burned temples and murdered Pagans.

This does not excuse radical Islamists, it just points out that all religions, including Christianity, are vehicles for evil.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Desecration

Old 02-28-2015, 12:12 PM

59 posts, read 59,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangokiwi View Post
How do you know it wasn't them who destroyed the Sphinx's face, and so many other faces of ancient statues? Do you have any proof it wasn't them?

There's many instances of Muslims destroying ancient statues, so I wouldn't be surprised.

The subject of this thread is so sad. It reminds me of this:
The Bamiyan buddhas who were destroyed in Afghanistan by Muslims. Meet the Guys Who Helped Blow Up the World-Famous Bamiyan Buddhas
Nice, so everything was destroyed in the world was by Muslims, like the Mayan Civilization and it's writing that left three manuscripts and destroy the whole writing not Spanish Expedition it was the Muslims!

Old 02-28-2015, 01:13 PM

15,293 posts, read 17,678,616 times
It was a French artillery crew that shot the nose off the Sphinx. I don't think you can blame it on their religion, they were just barbarians.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events