U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2015, 02:09 AM

750 posts, read 606,979 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kennedinho View Post
Actually not true at all. There is no such thing in science or humanity as a "white race" or "black race"

Its people who believe otherwise that actually are believing whatever keeps them warm inside
The vast majority of inventors and CEOs are white men. The vast majority of college students are white women.

The vast majority of pro football and basketball players are black men. The vast majority of prisoners based on percentage of population per race are black men, despite being a very minority % of the U.S. population.

Those are easily understandable facts backed by plenty of data. If you think none of these differences are based on science to some degree, then I'd love to hear your opinion. I only hope you don't attribute it to excuses such as "cops are mean" and "blacks are oppressed!"

Brain size average for East Asians = 1364cm3; Whites = 1347cm3; and Blacks = 1267cm3. Woah, science. In standardized testing, blacks score lower than whites each year even when going to the same school and receiving the same education. Blacks also tend to have more athletic ability. A simple difference of genetic strengths. Can this pseudo equality movement stop already? Can we not accept that we have different strengths and no amount of PC agenda mess will change this?

Different sexes and races have not, and never will be the same. We aren't meant to be.

Last edited by JobSeeker101; 03-02-2015 at 02:29 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2015, 02:57 AM
Status: "My eyes are rolled back so far I can see my brain." (set 17 days ago)

13,399 posts, read 11,902,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JobSeeker101 View Post
The vast majority of inventors....
Acknowledging differences is not the same as hating people because they are different.

Old 03-02-2015, 03:17 AM

1 posts, read 430 times
that's true cause kids follow their elders behaviour, ultimately leading to believe their thoughts and habbits.

Old 03-02-2015, 03:47 AM

750 posts, read 606,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
Acknowledging differences is not the same as hating people because they are different.
People have the right to hate whoever they want, the facts are what separate the reasoning between ignorant or justified. I don't like most people period. Lol

Old 03-02-2015, 05:50 AM

677 posts, read 505,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
Well,when someone will not hire you because your skin color is black and your hair is not mainstream,what should you do?

Let me ask you a question.....would you hire a woman of color who has an afro?
Yes, if she was the most qualified person for the job. And this is coming from a white man who doesn't much care for African-Americans. I believe in fairness.

Old 03-02-2015, 07:21 AM

3,752 posts, read 1,678,332 times
No it isn't. It's an inherited trait in all primates.

Old 03-02-2015, 09:10 AM

6,742 posts, read 3,876,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JobSeeker101 View Post
It is called affirmative action. Even the NFL does it with the "Rooney Rule"

Please tell me you aren't this blind. You can try to be PC all day, but PC isn't where truth is found.
Nice try, but the "Rooney Rule" means a NFL organization has to at least interview minority candidates for coaching and management positions, they don't have to hire them. When a NFL team hires a black man as their head coach or GM, it isn't because their hand was forced to fill some quota.

So again, how do you know if and when someone is being hired, not interviewed, because they are a minority?

Are you saying I got my job over the other finalist, who was white, because I'm black?

Old 03-02-2015, 09:55 AM

2,063 posts, read 1,729,115 times
Does anyone else remember this song from the musical South Pacific? It's called " You've got to be carefully taught " In the movie version's scene a young military man is explaining in a song white American's predjudice against darker skinned people to a foreign man who does not understand it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OAZ8yOFFbAc

Here are the lyrics to the song. I think it says it all

You've got to be taught
To hate and fear,
You've got to be taught
From year to year,
It's got to be drummed
In your dear little ear
You've got to be carefully taught.
You've got to be taught to be afraid
Of people whose eyes are oddly made,
And people whose skin is a diff'rent shade,
You've got to be carefully taught.
You've got to be taught before it's too late,
Before you are six or seven or eight,
To hate all the people your relatives hate,
You've got to be carefully taught!

Songwriters
Rogers and Hammerstein
[LEFT]
Read more: South Pacific - Youve Got To Be Carefully Taught Lyrics | MetroLyrics
[/LEFT]

Old 03-02-2015, 10:31 AM

10,102 posts, read 9,337,589 times
Interesting. Never gave one bit of thought as to why I received my scholarship, got the job, or anything. What I do know is that I earned it. In the case of employment, it's because I have a lot (over 18 years) of relevant experience, credentials, and quality references. In the case of my scholarship, it was due to talent. One thing about arts-based schools -- admissions can be considered color blind since you often have to submit a portfolio of your work. SAT scores and grades are just part of the total equation. Unless you had an on-campus interview or have a particularly ethnic name, they don't know what race you are.

There's been times that I didn't get the job. For all I know, I could've lost out to a White, Black, Asian, whatever. I just moved on and found another job. Blaming AA for why you didn't get a job is just as much "crying victim" as minorities are often accused of doing. I have yet to meet a hiring manager from a reputable company that says "It's down to you or the black guy", and you don't know the black guy's qualifications, so it's just conjecture.

Old 03-02-2015, 11:05 AM

38,326 posts, read 15,373,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post
Nice try, but the "Rooney Rule" means a NFL organization has to at least interview minority candidates for coaching and management positions, they don't have to hire them. ...
Apparently you don't know how most organizations do interviews. If you manage to even get in the door to be interviewed, you already ahead of the vast majority of applicants who won't even be called back. By creating a separate entrance for minorities, an unfair and unnecessary advantage has been created.

If, it is as you said, they will be hired on qualifications, then there is no need for it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or