U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2015, 04:12 PM

1,431 posts, read 665,686 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yakscsd View Post
My Parents and Grandparents didn't teach me to hate. What taught me to hate was when I started to notice that all the people committing crimes and all the people talking/walking/acting like thugs, shared the same general description. The actions of the hated teach hate.
So should I hate all white police officers just because a few pulled me over for no reason?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2015, 04:17 PM

28,411 posts, read 14,288,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by veezybell View Post
So should I hate all white police officers just because a few pulled me over for no reason?
Do you act differently in the slightest amount around cops?

Old 02-27-2015, 04:27 PM

2,179 posts, read 1,738,730 times
People that "hate" an entire group of people based off of their interactions, or what they perceive seriously need to die off.

Old 02-27-2015, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloforLife View Post
There are blacks that live in the burbs and metro area who work very hard in public and private industry. Why are you fixated on certain percentage of people who are poor? Why do you allow it to have space in your head causing you to expound hateful views?

Only you can change your behavior. Sitting around pouting that the other person must do it or else, just doesn't work. If you take for example, a couple that gets married but one spouse already knew that the other is a spender. It is does not work to say or feel that "I will change h/her afterwards. It would also be destructive to join the "spending" behavior.

So based on that hearsay, you have instilled in yourself racist or negative behavior. My knowledge on scholarships is that they are either need or merit based. One is socio-economic and the other is based on academics or having a talent (sports, playing a certain instrument, etc).

I remember sometime ago walking in New Orleans and this white 5 year old holding his mother's hand passed me going in the opposite direction. The kid pointed and said, "Mom, there is a n**ger." His mother did not scold him or even apologize. They just continue walking like nothing happened. How does a kid learn that so young? At the breakfast table.
You handled the situation better than I would've...

Old 02-27-2015, 04:42 PM

6,742 posts, read 3,901,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yakscsd View Post
My Parents and Grandparents didn't teach me to hate. What taught me to hate was when I started to notice that all the people committing crimes and all the people talking/walking/acting like thugs, shared the same general description. The actions of the hated teach hate.
So because a handful (a small handful at that) of people act a certain way, that causes you to feel that way about the entire race of people? That's pretty pathetic.

Assuming you're white, do you hate white people because of mass murderers like Adam Lanza and James Holmes?

What about the white guy that killed 8 people last night in Missouri?

Old 02-27-2015, 04:47 PM

28,411 posts, read 14,288,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Railman96 View Post
People that "hate" an entire group of people based off of their interactions, or what they perceive seriously need to die off.
The good news is that they are.

Of course, there will always be racists, but the number will be very low.

Old 02-27-2015, 04:52 PM

1,431 posts, read 665,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Do you act differently in the slightest amount around cops?
Naw. A cop to me is just another driver on the road when they're not actively responding to an emergency.

Of note, I don't speed and I use all of the proper indicators when I drive. I don't stare at them, randomly slow down, or anything like that.

Old 02-27-2015, 05:09 PM

38,722 posts, read 15,586,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Railman96 View Post
You should not wish this on yourself.

Old 02-27-2015, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
You should not wish this on yourself.
Haha! Please link me one post which insinuated that I hate an entire race of people because of the actions of some, don't worry I'll wait.

Ain't this the pot calling the kettle Black. You're the epitome of what I was describing, all you do is categorize people (Blacks) and make asinine assumptions.

Thanks for the laugh though!

Old 02-27-2015, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
The good news is that they are.

Of course, there will always be racists, but the number will be very low.
True, it sucks that some of these same people are in positions of power though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or