Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2015, 03:41 AM

5,347 posts, read 7,196,428 times

Advertisements

Addicting Info – This Homeless Child Was Freezing On The Street For Hours. You Won’t Believe Who Finally Helped Him (VIDEO)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2015, 05:02 AM

100 posts, read 93,690 times
Are you sure he wasn't just camping? It's hard to tell the difference.

Old 02-27-2015, 05:27 AM

15,945 posts, read 12,276,554 times
Perhaps they could see the cameras trained on him... perhaps they see lots of homeless people and it's rather commonplace... perhaps he doesn't look that young and actually looks pretty clean cut. It looks like the clothes were torn on purpose and the clothes themselves don't look worn... the socks are clean and white.. impossible for someone wandering around without shoes in the streets...

If the kid was young enough to not have had their voice change and was asking for their parents it would have elicited more of a response...

Old 02-27-2015, 06:45 AM

36,754 posts, read 14,814,475 times
I don't know why anyone is surprised that a homeless man stopped to help someone (the cameras had to have been hidden). Imagining people walking by without even stopping to inquire is something else, not that it surprises me. There always seems to be someone or something more important on their idevices.

I'm glad the two who gave the man money didn't lecture him about how not to use it. Then again, what do I knowI got ripped a new one on another thread for giving a few bucks to a young couple because they had two dachshunds with them.

Old 02-27-2015, 10:26 AM

26,143 posts, read 19,825,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyInDeerPark
Are you sure he wasn't just camping? It's hard to tell the difference.
People are mindless zombies today.... THEY DONT GIVE A CRAP ABOUT ANYONE AND ITS SAD...........

Old 02-27-2015, 10:30 AM

8,452 posts, read 4,747,353 times
I thought "you'll never believe what they did, watch my click bait video to see" posts were for Facebook and other social media sites, not City Data. I've been seeing more of them popping up here lately. I hope we're not seeing the beginning of a new trend here.

Old 03-02-2015, 11:33 PM

102 posts, read 106,129 times
I'm not surprised. I seldom give money to panhandlers, but when I'm with friends who used to be down-and-outers, they always give a few bucks, or whatever they have. I express dismay, "Why are you supporting their bad habits?" and my friends just shrug their shoulders and say they understand - they were like that once, themselves.

People like me, who are healthy and know how to get work, have a hard time understanding young, healthy people who would rather stand around and ask for free money instead of looking for work, and get kind of disgusted with that attitude. Especially if you know people who do it, and the disdain they have for the "straights" who go to work every day, especially those who work for a pittance. These guys think they are too good to have to show up on time, as expected, sober, and actually pay attention to directions - it's easier for them to stand on a street-corner and beg.

The kid obviously is being obnoxious. There's no reason he can't go to a library and get warm, and look on the internet for a social service agency that will at least give him some clothes.

Old 03-03-2015, 08:29 AM

2,062 posts, read 2,546,753 times

That was sweet . I noticed many people stopped to look at the young man but then continued on. I think it is nice that the homeless man wanted to help. I guess he is the only one who understands what another homeless person is going through and is not afraid of him or judgmental. Plus he didn't care if it might be a scam. Unfortunately too many times it is a scam

Old 03-03-2015, 08:56 AM

12,713 posts, read 15,520,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Bully View Post
I thought "you'll never believe what they did, watch my click bait video to see" posts were for Facebook and other social media sites, not City Data. I've been seeing more of them popping up here lately. I hope we're not seeing the beginning of a new trend here.
I lots 20 lbs by doing this one ancient, weird trick!

The headline to the OP is phrased exactly like I see on clickbait sites.

Old 03-03-2015, 09:19 AM

2,288 posts, read 3,236,907 times
I hope that caring homeless man gets a good break in life. Thanks for sharing OP.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events