Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2015, 04:03 AM

312 posts, read 481,501 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaaBoom View Post
No, he didn't want to kill himself. That is clear from the text messages. He would be alive today, if she didn't keep harping him to get it over with and kill himself. She killed him, just as much as if she had shot him with a gun.
No she didn't, he was weak. He made a choice to listen to her. He had free will and was not beholden to anyone's will but his own. She wanted him to kill himself sure, but he did it on his own because he was weak.

Again, I'm sorry for his mother but he was weak and a follower and frankly good riddance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2015, 04:06 AM

3,051 posts, read 3,278,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post
My thoughts? Until all the evidence comes out in the trial, I really don't have much of an opinion. I'd have to read every single email, see the timeline and so on.
This is probably the only level headed answer on this whole thread. I'd be interested in seeing the context of the messages, etc.

That is some Cruel Intentions kind of stuff, right there.

Old 03-01-2015, 04:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarbonCountyLiving View Post
This is probably the only level headed answer on this whole thread. I'd be interested in seeing the context of the messages, etc.

That is some Cruel Intentions kind of stuff, right there.
Except, in Cruel Intentions they were all attractive and glamorous yuppies who I wanted to be just like when the movie came out.

Seriously I went and saw it with a girl, and went back and saw it alone four times or something.

Now I'm gonna download..thanks.

Old 03-01-2015, 04:33 AM

1,216 posts, read 1,463,073 times
It is illegal to coerce someone to take another's life. If she helped him plan how to committ suicide then talked him into doing it then she is guilty. Still need to wait for the trial but if tha's what happened she needs to be locked up so she cannot continue to harm others.

I'm so sick of "personal responsibilty" being used as an excuse for people to be cruel to others. Not all damage is phycial, there is also psycholocial damage. Telling a stranger to kill themselves isn't aywhere near as damaging as systematically telling someone who loves you and relies on you to kill themselves and helping them plan it and telling the to get back in and finish the job.

IF her actions were those as displayed in the press then she definitely desrves to be locked up- preferably in a psychiatric center.

Old 03-01-2015, 04:36 AM

7,990 posts, read 5,381,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javacoffee View Post
She is sick in the head, but she didn't murder the guy. She never laid a hand on him. He killed himself! This is a tragic thing all the way around. Let's not make it worse by throwing murder and manslaughter charges around. We are supposed to be a civilized people, but all we want is blood...someone to pay for the suicide of someone else. How many times have we heard this before...always blaming everyone except the one who committed suicide?
Except for the first part of your first sentence I agree with you.

Is she sick in the head? We don't really know what pushed her to the extreme of telling him to complete the act.
Maybe this had gone on for days/weeks and she had had enough of trying to convince him not to do it.

Old 03-01-2015, 04:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaleyRocks View Post
It is illegal to coerce someone to take another's life. If she helped him plan how to committ suicide then talked him into doing it then she is guilty. Still need to wait for the trial but if tha's what happened she needs to be locked up so she cannot continue to harm others.

I'm so sick of "personal responsibilty" being used as an excuse for people to be cruel to others. Not all damage is phycial, there is also psycholocial damage. Telling a stranger to kill themselves isn't aywhere near as damaging as systematically telling someone who loves you and relies on you to kill themselves and helping them plan it and telling the to get back in and finish the job.

IF her actions were those as displayed in the press then she definitely desrves to be locked up- preferably in a psychiatric center.
It is your responsibility to keep yourself from getting that far. If he felt suicidal he should have had himself committed for 72 hours.

He made a choice to die. I'm glad he did because it's one less weak person. She said how she felt, she felt that he should kill himself, she had a right to her feelings and a right to express them.

You cannot prosecute someone for hurting feelings. You cannot prosecute someone because they offended a weakling.

Love is subjective, how do I know who loves me? You might be stalking me and in love with me, if I offend you and you kill yourself am I responsible because you were in an unprovable and subjective state called love.

Unless she killed him, like hands around his neck killed him she did not do anything wrong.

She has a right to be offensive, he seems like an insane and over emotional weenie and I would've said the same thing.

She doesn't need to be in a psych ward. His crazy dead self should've been in one. She deserves to get compensated for false arrest and "damages" for dragging her out like this because some kid offed himself.
Then she should be lauded as martyr of the first amendment.

I'm sad for the kids parents like I said, not for him I have no sympathy for people who make dumb irreversible choices because someone told them too. I'm glad he won't be able to reproduce.

I'm MORE sad for her though, being persecuted for exercising free speech.

Again, according to every North African ever, France is very easy to immigrate too. If you wanna lock up people for being meanie poos and hurting your feelings, La Republique de France is the place..hate speech laws and depending on who you offend you might just get a death squad sent to your office, ask Charlie Hebdo.

I'm never ceasing to be amazed at people who like free speech as long as they like what's being said, the Fuhrer would be proud.

Old 03-01-2015, 05:12 AM

1,216 posts, read 1,463,073 times
You do realize it's quite comical to tell me to move somewhere where this is illegal when she's being charged for it right here in my country.

Once again we are resorting to personal responsibilty to excuse bullying. The difference here is you are happy he is dead because you think he deserves it for being so weak whereas I see a tragedy that could have been avoided had the girl acted different. So we will never agree on the girl's culpability as we disagree on the value of the man's life.

Old 03-01-2015, 05:44 AM

3,762 posts, read 5,419,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ConeyGirl52 View Post
Interesting...is life valueable, or just certain life?

Why would anyone support a loss of life to foster a 'deemed-worthy' persons personal goals? Why would they bring natural selection into it at all?

Right she didnt gas him, shes not being charged with gasing him. She's not being charged with pre-meditated murder.

She's being charged like she was a drunk driver, and killed him without even realizing it. She's being charged with involuntary manslaughter.

She's an honor student on a mere $ 2,500 bail. If she is so very special, why is she bothering herself with him at all?
Just certain life. I don't find the life of someone who would gun innocent people down before killing himself valuable. I think such a person should take their own life first.

Old 03-01-2015, 05:51 AM

3,762 posts, read 5,419,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
When I dumped my abusive ex, he kept threatening to kill himself in order to manipulate me into going back with him. I had repeatedly told him to get professional help and leave me out of his issues. But he kept threatening and guilt-tripping me until my patience ran out, and I told him to just do what he wants.

Did I want him to commit suicide? Absolutely not. I just wanted him to leave me alone.

Of course, he didn't kill himself. He's still alive as far as I know, though last I heard, he's in prison now.

Point is, maybe the same thing was the case with that girl. Maybe him getting out the truck was another manipulative ploy ("last chance") attempt to manipulate her into giving him what he wanted. Maybe she thought she was just calling his bluff by telling him to get back into the truck. And maybe unbeknownst to both of them, the suicide attempt ended up successful.

I don't claim that this was what happened. But I also wouldn't rule it out just yet.
Exactly. And maybe she arranged the fundraiser out of guilt because she really didn't believe he would do it. In any case, it's not her fault that he was mentally ill. He would have likely killed himself for some other reason or over some other girl later on.

Old 03-01-2015, 05:58 AM

723 posts, read 868,168 times
She didn't force him. He was 18, old enough to be considered in charge of his own actions. Old enough to be encouraged to enlist in the military to go and potentially die for 'democracy' or whatever.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events