U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2015, 11:47 AM

18,387 posts, read 20,122,996 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiGi603 View Post
We do not know the entire story. My first thought was the same as you have written.

I don't think she was too stupid. I don't think at 18 we have it all together to handle these sort of situations. Not sure we ever do.

Most of us are not Mental Health professionals. I know when my one sons suddenly had a bipolar girlfriend none of us knew how to handle it. When he broke up with her it was a huge mess. Huge mess, even her parents went off the edge telling us it was our fault. There was some crazy stuff that went on. It has been seven years and every time I lock my front door I think of her. That day she barged in...it was insane. It took over two years until she left us alone.

He was not her responsibility. I am sure he had some mental problems, I am sure there were verbal things being said that are not recorded. I am sure he pushed her over the edge to want her to encourage him. In my opinion people who want to blame the girl have no idea what it is like to be involved with a person who is off balance.

You don't need to be a mental health professional to know that so,some saying they want to kill themselves is a bad thing and you should at least call someone to say hey this is what's happening. And you sure as hell don't tell someone to get back in the car to finish the job.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2015, 11:52 AM

3,723 posts, read 4,589,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murk View Post
It doesn't matter how old they are. It doesn't matter if they went out before and she rejected him. It doesn't even matter if he mistreated her in some way during their relationship.

Anyone who tells someone else to "get back in the truck" when they are in the act of killing themselves is seriously, seriously messed up in the head.
For all she knew he was lying about the whole thing. Unless she was there to witness him getting in or out of the truck she only has his word that he did any of that. He could have been texting her from his couch before he went out to kill himself.

Old 02-28-2015, 12:06 PM

14,061 posts, read 16,070,870 times
By no means an expert, but I'm completely unaware of any precedence for bullying being criminally liable. Civilly sure. Never heard of a criminal case for manslaughter for bullying however. I agree with her lawyer. It'll get dropped, she might make a plea deal for some misdemeanor offense and do 50 hours of community service.

Old 02-28-2015, 12:09 PM

15,878 posts, read 6,248,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
She must be a sociopath, jail is a good place for her.

And what do you mean he was fragile already? So you push them over the edge.

That's exactly what she did.
Were the text messages possibly meant as sarcasm?

Old 02-28-2015, 12:16 PM

17,000 posts, read 20,668,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by veezybell View Post
Maybe she thought he was bluffing. She wasn't physically there when it happened, so how was she supposed to know he was actually doing it? And who texts while they're killing themselves? Ridiculous. I don't think she should be charged with anything.

Even if you think someone is "bluffing" you don't take it lightly.

And are you kidding about the texting comment? Teens today text their every move. Many of them today are sleep deprived as they sleep with the phone next to them sending texts at 3am "what r u doing".

If this was even 5 yrs ago it would have been an actual phone call. Shows how sad society is today in regards to reaching out to others.

Something is wrong with this girl, that she could be so callous.

Old 02-28-2015, 12:47 PM

20,545 posts, read 16,611,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ7 View Post
It's over the line, but did she know he was going to kill himself? That is what will need to happen to convict her.

Kids are susceptible to these things on the daily, they say things like this all the time in a rush of emotions. If they don't get their way they will say all sorts of stupid things that an average adult would never say. Also, the brain isn't fully developed until age 25, that's why insurance goes down around that age. If you want to see how stupid some of the comments teens can say just go to youtube and read the comments section of any video.
There is a text string of thousands of texts between the two of them discussing whether he should commit suicide, and once he decided to do it, the string continues as she helps him decide HOW to do it. Then when he goes to do it, he texts her telling her he's not sure anymore, and she tells him to get back in the car and finish what he started. After which, she made Facebook tribute pages, professed shock and sadness, painted herself in mourning for her friend, and organized a charity softball game for mental health in his memory. This girl is highly calculating, IMO, and seems almost sociopathic to me.

Old 02-28-2015, 01:34 PM

935 posts, read 1,056,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
There is a text string of thousands of texts between the two of them discussing whether he should commit suicide, and once he decided to do it, the string continues as she helps him decide HOW to do it. Then when he goes to do it, he texts her telling her he's not sure anymore, and she tells him to get back in the car and finish what he started. After which, she made Facebook tribute pages, professed shock and sadness, painted herself in mourning for her friend, and organized a charity softball game for mental health in his memory. This girl is highly calculating, IMO, and seems almost sociopathic to me.
If this is all accurate....... Wow. Absolutely horrendous.

Old 02-28-2015, 03:23 PM

11,823 posts, read 8,241,478 times
Very tragic. I bet the boy was a bit fragile and she is a stone cold b**** or she thought he was fooling and calling his bluff. Either way she acted stupidly....

I think she is guilty of something. If she had said to him "if you really loved me you would go steal from that store" he would be guilty but she motivated him to do it. Could you say she was an accomplice to his death? a good lawyer could tie it together.

Young men do stupid things and it was sad that she sort of led him to do it.

Old 02-28-2015, 03:27 PM

18,387 posts, read 20,122,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
Were the text messages possibly meant as sarcasm?

How do you convey tone in a text?

Old 02-28-2015, 03:46 PM
Status: "Kamala/Pete 2020!! Make it happen, people." (set 12 days ago)

7,356 posts, read 2,928,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post

I can't agree more! I'm shocked at those who think she didn't really know he was going to do it, etc. Those text message are incomprehensible. She told him to let her know when he was going to do it, she encourages him to continue with the suicide after he expresses fear and doubt, she tells her friends that she fears he's dead (at the same time she's encouraging him to kill himself). She is most definitely a sociopath! She needs to be punished for this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or