U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 03-01-2015, 06:24 AM
 
Location: State of Transition
72,904 posts, read 64,340,187 times
Reputation: 68778

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 415_s2k View Post
There are certain localities where this is a real racket. It's not normal police procedure.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-01-2015, 06:56 AM
 
3,720 posts, read 4,444,781 times
Reputation: 4741
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Town FFX View Post
How can you so blindly shrug off things that have been documented, followed, reported upon and OBVIOUSLY happening? Are you serious? Are the rest of your fraternity also so indoctrinated into beliefs that you do no wrong?
He's one of those people who are fine with the loss of civil liberties as long as he doesn't feel the pinch. But when he or someone he knows gets caught in the web, only then will it be a problem.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-01-2015, 07:30 AM
 
Location: zooland 1
3,744 posts, read 3,279,384 times
Reputation: 5495
Quote:
Originally Posted by trishguard View Post
He's one of those people who are fine with the loss of civil liberties as long as he doesn't feel the pinch. But when he or someone he knows gets caught in the web, only then will it be a problem.
You mean the loss of liberty under Obama?.. yes.. Im feeling that one

Perhaps you are ok toking away in bliss,,,or drink from the well of social liberalism... but hey I dont know you so I cant assume anything

The post is about gross government overreach.. which I am steadfastly against...

I am for personal responsibility.. good citizenship.. stewardship of self and the planet.. laws get enacted for the part of the population that preys upon others.. or made because some body politic decided they were in the best interest of themselves

Problem with law.. is that humans wont self regulate,,, hedonism selfishness and greed seem to overtake reasonable behavior

But.. thanks for sharing.. your addition was really worthwhile.... um... no
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-01-2015, 07:39 AM
 
3,720 posts, read 4,444,781 times
Reputation: 4741
Quote:
Originally Posted by notmeofficer View Post
You mean the loss of liberty under Obama?.. yes.. Im feeling that one

Perhaps you are ok toking away in bliss,,,or drink from the well of social liberalism... but hey I dont know you so I cant assume anything

The post is about gross government overreach.. which I am steadfastly against...

I am for personal responsibility.. good citizenship.. stewardship of self and the planet.. laws get enacted for the part of the population that preys upon others.. or made because some body politic decided they were in the best interest of themselves

Problem with law.. is that humans wont self regulate,,, hedonism selfishness and greed seem to overtake reasonable behavior

But.. thanks for sharing.. your addition was really worthwhile.... um... no
Sorry to disappoint you. I am not a drug user nor do I associate with drug users, whether they use illegal drugs or their doctor is their dealer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-01-2015, 08:21 AM
 
Location: N.C. for now... Atlanta future
1,243 posts, read 984,830 times
Reputation: 1285
Quote:
Originally Posted by geos View Post
It just gets sicker and sicker. Stealing is now considered law enforcement. Do not drive with large amounts of cash or valuables. Cops can now "legally" discover your money sort of the way Europeans "discovered" America while there were people already here. I think they call that precedence.

Police have seized $2.5 billion from citizens who weren't breaking the law.
While you may have had some point in here somewhere, it got lost in the automatic biased anti-American, anti-white babble. You started off with an anti-white jab right away with that snarky comment about Europeans finding the American continents for the first time. What does that have to do with police confiscation of property? I guess when you automatically condemn America from the get-go you can never see anything without the "evil America" lens. The only thing that would seem to satisfy most liberals is if America were to cease to exist... Perhaps you'll be the first one to go.

Here's a little history lesson for you:
No one knows who was "here first." Christopher Columbus wasn't the first European here either. There were European settlements on the coast of North America long before Columbus. The "native" Americans weren't "native" either. They came here from Asia. They fought amongst each other for CENTURIES before the Europeans ever built wooden sail boats. They practiced war, slavery, genocide, cannibalism, property confiscation, and theft amongst each other as well as the evil white Europeans.

Here is a PARTIAL list of some of the things white Europeans experienced with their contact with Indians:
1.Many white women were captured during conflicts and held as sex slaves for days, weeks, months, or even years, being raped repeatedly every day by all male members of some tribes who regarded their defeated foes as property to be used as they pleased.
2.Many white prisoners were vivisected and their organs removed while they yet lived and nerves were plucked from their spinal cords to hang the organs while they were alive.
3.Scalping was real and many whites had their heads shaven to the skull bone and nailed to trees.
4.When a prisoner was caught, sometimes he was hobbled (had a foot cut off or damaged) so he could not get away.
5.The women were often considered property of males and were forced to do all the hunting, the building of the shacks, the raising of children, and all the cooking while the males did little else but eat the food and make the babies.
*None of the above was unique to whites-they did the same things to other Indians too.

No one on this planet is perfectly innocent. I'm not sure what your ethnicity is, or where you came from, but your little "white people are evil and Indians were sweet little innocents is pure politically-correct FALLACY. Your little rant is nothing but pure biased doggerel.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-01-2015, 08:31 AM
MJ7
 
6,221 posts, read 8,210,005 times
Reputation: 6487
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaIsHot View Post
While you may have had some point in here somewhere, it got lost in the automatic biased anti-American, anti-white babble. You started off with an anti-white jab right away with that snarky comment about Europeans finding the American continents for the first time. What does that have to do with police confiscation of property? I guess when you automatically condemn America from the get-go you can never see anything without the "evil America" lens. The only thing that would seem to satisfy most liberals is if America were to cease to exist... Perhaps you'll be the first one to go.

Here's a little history lesson for you:
No one knows who was "here first." Christopher Columbus wasn't the first European here either. There were European settlements on the coast of North America long before Columbus. The "native" Americans weren't "native" either. They came here from Asia. They fought amongst each other for CENTURIES before the Europeans ever built wooden sail boats. They practiced war, slavery, genocide, cannibalism, property confiscation, and theft amongst each other as well as the evil white Europeans.

Here is a PARTIAL list of some of the things white Europeans experienced with their contact with Indians:
1.Many white women were captured during conflicts and held as sex slaves for days, weeks, months, or even years, being raped repeatedly every day by all male members of some tribes who regarded their defeated foes as property to be used as they pleased.
2.Many white prisoners were vivisected and their organs removed while they yet lived and nerves were plucked from their spinal cords to hang the organs while they were alive.
3.Scalping was real and many whites had their heads shaven to the skull bone and nailed to trees.
4.When a prisoner was caught, sometimes he was hobbled (had a foot cut off or damaged) so he could not get away.
5.The women were often considered property of males and were forced to do all the hunting, the building of the shacks, the raising of children, and all the cooking while the males did little else but eat the food and make the babies.
*None of the above was unique to whites-they did the same things to other Indians too.

No one on this planet is perfectly innocent. I'm not sure what your ethnicity is, or where you came from, but your little "white people are evil and Indians were sweet little innocents is pure politically-correct FALLACY. Your little rant is nothing but pure biased doggerel.
Post the sources to which tribes did the things you listed. I can find numerous accounts that state otherwise. If they rapped white women over and over where were all yhese half breed children? Everything you just posted is wrong.

Indians are from India. Natives are one of the only cultures in existence that did not practice prositution, they also invented games like la cross and fire ball to settle tribal conflicts instead of all out war. The declaration of independence was modeled from the Iroquois Nation Confederacy.

Natives saved first European settlers, that's why we have a Thanksgiving every year.

Quote:
In 1753, fifteen year old Mary Jemison was captured by Indians along the Pennsylvania frontier during the Seven Years’ War between the French, English, and Indian peoples of North America. She was adopted and incorporated into the Senecas, a familiar practice among Iroquois and other Indian peoples seeking to replace a lost sibling or spouse. Mary married and raised a family in the decades before and after the American Revolution; many captives, once adopted and integrated into an Indian community, refused the opportunity to return home, finding life in Indian society more rewarding. In 1823 Mary Jemison related her life story to James Seaver, a doctor who lived near her home in western New York. Seaver’s story of “the white woman of the Genessee,” as she became known, sold over 100,000 copies in 1824...
Source: http://historymatters.gmu.edu/d/5794/

It looks like you are the one in need of the history lesson.

Last edited by MJ7; 03-01-2015 at 08:50 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-01-2015, 08:40 AM
 
Location: Pittsburgh, not Paris. #MAGA.
9,693 posts, read 5,293,719 times
Reputation: 9671
Quote:
Originally Posted by 415_s2k View Post
^ which requires you to spend more of your time, money, and energy to get back something that was illegally taken from you when you weren't even charged with or convicted of a crime.
Right. The bottom line is that police officers should be obeying the law/Constitution from the jump.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-01-2015, 10:36 AM
 
Location: Subconscious Syncope, USA (Northeastern US)
2,367 posts, read 1,526,249 times
Reputation: 3814
Im not sure if this is true, but I was once told if you have the funds to push a case to a constitutional level in the US Supreme Court, you can easily get restitution of siezed property.

Im not sure if this is even true, or if what was seized is worth recovering this way - as in the costs not justifying the action. Would be interesting to see what folks with some 'legalese' under their belt would say in that regard.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-01-2015, 10:46 AM
MJ7
 
6,221 posts, read 8,210,005 times
Reputation: 6487
Quote:
Originally Posted by ConeyGirl52 View Post
Im not sure if this is true, but I was once told if you have the funds to push a case to a constitutional level in the US Supreme Court, you can easily get restitution of siezed property.

Im not sure if this is even true, or if what was seized is worth recovering this way - as in the costs not justifying the action. Would be interesting to see what folks with some 'legalese' under their belt would say in that regard.
Just go read up about the raid on Gibson guitars.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-01-2015, 10:58 AM
 
Location: Self explanatory
10,310 posts, read 4,140,497 times
Reputation: 14270
Quote:
Originally Posted by notmeofficer View Post
Problem with law.. is that humans wont self regulate,,, hedonism selfishness and greed seem to overtake reasonable behavior
Are police not humans? Are you saying that you are above "regular" people? It's becoming more and more apparent that police forces suffer from the same selfishness, hedonism and greed and that some officer have a real problem self regulating.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top