Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2015, 11:50 AM

3,398 posts, read 6,056,910 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeenThomas View Post
Well, it's only my opinion and can somebody tell me, they really think that they will "destroy" racial discrimination by this way?
More censorship at college but as long as it helps blacks, liberals tell us it's ok?
And also, every time when somebody comitted a crime, main description of criminals was his skin color.
Does it mean that now, when thwy will call 911 they will answer like:
1 - Describe thief please, what's his skin color, his clothes?
2 - Skin color? Hmm... I can't tell this, sorry!
What do you think guys?
Weird how liberals create what they believe is a utopia, it goes the way they plan and then they realize that isn't the way so they flee places such as CA, go to CO to ruin it there and then look elsewhere. I mean, same ideas over and over again yet they expect different results?

Here's a description for the University of Minnesota:

Person, I think it wasn't a dog/cat, just robbed me. It (we're not sure if it's even human now) was between 4'0" and 7'7", 80-400 pounds, may or may not have been wearing glasses, may or may not have had a hat on, may or may not have been wearing clothes.

Clear as mud? Great!

Places like this reap what they sow. This type of thought is what has caused us to decline as a country, everyone is more concerned about being politically correct and sensitive than they are about doing the right thing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2015, 11:57 AM

6,806 posts, read 4,439,834 times
What's next? A rule book we need to read and study before we report a crime against us?

Old 02-28-2015, 12:24 PM

24,297 posts, read 17,043,427 times
Are we not living in the information age? We have the world at our finger tips on our cell phones but this university wants to take a step backwards?
Racial profiling is a tough thing to overcome and is not fair BUT..

If I was a woman and there was an Asian rapist with a hoodie and a backpack running around campus I would want to know that I had better watch out for him and not just any guy with a hoodie and a backpack.

Humans are visual creatures and the number one thing that we notice first is a persons skin colour. Trying to supress that in the name of a politically correct stance is a recipe for danger and pretty stupid.

Old 02-28-2015, 01:20 PM

105 posts, read 169,177 times
All I know is that newspapers like the LA Times, NYT and Washington Post and online news sites like CNN, Yahoo News and USA Today already practice not reporting the race of the suspect if he is black. They will gladly report if the suspect is white, Hispanic or Asian though. So the next time there is a news report and the article does not mention race of the suspect you already know the race if it was omitted.

Old 02-28-2015, 01:47 PM

2,526 posts, read 3,040,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdNHot75 View Post
All I know is that newspapers like the LA Times, NYT and Washington Post and online news sites like CNN, Yahoo News and USA Today already practice not reporting the race of the suspect if he is black. They will gladly report if the suspect is white, Hispanic or Asian though. So the next time there is a news report and the article does not mention race of the suspect you already know the race if it was omitted.
This really isn't accurate. Most media outlets choose not to report the race of apprehended criminals, given that this is irrelevant from a public safety standpoint. Most of the media does include race as a part of the description of violent criminals who are on the loose, and thus represent a public danger.

Old 02-28-2015, 02:09 PM

4,236 posts, read 8,106,857 times
Political correctness is nonsense that needs to be thrown in the garbage.

Old 02-28-2015, 02:12 PM

100 posts, read 93,316 times
Well if I was a policeman I would work from the premise that all of the criminals were black. The percentages are in my favor.

Old 02-28-2015, 03:15 PM

4,477 posts, read 3,279,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuck's Dad View Post
Well, let's take this to it's logical conclusion and ban gender descriptions too! All suspects are now equal. "someone committed a crime. Be on the look out for them!"
Why stop at gender, how about species? It is discrimination to lay it all on humans.

A quick read of this study would be helpful.

Old 02-28-2015, 03:41 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,288,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaaBoom View Post
It means, if you want to give a description of a suspect, then give a real description. "Black Male" doesn't cut it. Example:

"Armed robbery suspect description: white male, black hoodie, wearing a grey mask, 6'4", slim build, possibly carrying brown bag."

"Armed robbery suspect description: black male."

Do you see a difference there? You never hear "Armed robbery suspect description: white male." People would laugh at that description. But for some reason "black male" is considered a good enough description by many people.
So now we'll see "Suspect: a male" because we can't mention race anymore.
Next it will be gender and then it will turn into "Suspect..a human"

Old 02-28-2015, 03:45 PM

8,087 posts, read 9,801,504 times
I think all of the white senior Admins and Faculty at UofM should step aside and allow black folk to replace them. That would show us they are not hypocrites and genuinely believe the BS stuff they do.

Last edited by Felix C; 02-28-2015 at 03:58 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events