Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2015, 03:28 PM

78,369 posts, read 60,566,039 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
those morons on KQ are always going on and beeotching about how the descriptions don't include race (i.e. identify blacks), proof that it's probably a bad idea to do so. Always do the opposite thing morons/red necks think you should do and you'll come out ahead in the end.
Um, aren't most of the victims of black criminals.....black?

I guess you like the Chicago approach and that's as long as the crime is happening in bad areas to brown people.....it's best just to keep it quiet and not fuss too much about it.

You know, because talking about black crime is racist.

Oh plus it's a little uncomfortable explaining what the city is (not) doing for their disenfranchised poor.

So shhhhhhhh and thanks for helping us cover our butts. We'll be sure to give you some empty platitudes come election time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2015, 04:37 PM

22,660 posts, read 24,589,306 times
Wow, hasn't that being going on for a LONG time in many areas? I mean, when I read about some horrible crime, the description of the suspect many times is quite cryptic and incomplete.

Old 03-03-2015, 05:45 PM

468 posts, read 582,957 times
Sounds like they really want to catch the perpetrator. NOT.

Old 03-04-2015, 09:19 AM

186 posts, read 158,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertfchew View Post
this world is flat out pathetic.
Robert, I'm telling you, I am so embarrassed to live in this pathetic state!!!! Wow, this is just nonsense (but par for the course here, definitely!)

Old 03-05-2015, 05:52 AM

2,916 posts, read 2,999,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLA101 View Post
This is an ridiculous statement.

Yes, they do the exact same with white people. No, it isn't nearly as effective, because Minnesota has like 20x as many white males as black males. But, yeah, cops use "white male" descriptors all the freaking time.

Anyone else tired of the lame excuses for black crime? How about fixing the problem instead of defending this idiotic nonsense. Nothing can be done until black males stop committing crimes. This is the fact in conservative areas, liberal areas, white governed areas, black governed areas, racist areas, PC areas, rich areas, poor areas, everywhere. There is no place in the U.S. where blacks don't commit a wildly disproportionate % of crime. Clean up the mess already.
Here we go with the white overseers, protecting massa's plantation. Stop doing the rich white man's work for him. Seriously, I think Malcolm X should have spoken to middle class white people and told them to free themselves from the slave mind.

Old 03-05-2015, 05:58 AM

2,916 posts, read 2,999,675 times
It makes sense not to report it if you only have "black male." Police have a history of profiling (no s***), and would simply harass every black male they saw until they could figure out who did it.

If my description said "white male" only, because of the demographics at U of M, they could do nothing. Too many white guys to do anything. People of color shouldn't be harassed simply because they are smaller in number.

White people tend to think it's OK to profile because they believe in the inherent criminality of blacks/Latinos. It's OK to tread on others' rights as long as you don't tread on theirs. Now when black police officers start pulling over and questioning whites for no reason and harassing them...that tune will change.

Old 03-06-2015, 11:13 AM

1 posts, read 920 times
How to describe "The Purple People Eater" now. scrawldrawl.com

Old 03-06-2015, 09:07 PM

15,945 posts, read 12,282,765 times
I have no problem with them listing the term "white male" in crime descriptions when a crime is committed, as a Caucasian. It seems the liberal nannies that care about advancing their melting pot agenda are the ones that seem to care if "black male" is listed when a black commits a crime.

It's useful, factual information to include when attempting to identify criminals. If whites were the ones who committed more crimes as a percentage of their respective population, I would still support listing the racial makeup.

Why even list the sex then? Or Weight? A mid 30's individual today went on a murder spree. No description given because we don't want to offend women, men, the overweight, the skinny, the bald, or whatever.

Old 03-10-2015, 11:23 AM

18 posts, read 14,098 times
another silly initiative that has no future

Old 03-10-2015, 11:55 AM

1,285 posts, read 1,394,538 times
Wanted:
Type of Offense: Attempted Murder

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events