U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2015, 08:57 AM

9,756 posts, read 13,303,108 times

Advertisements

Moreover, considering the freedom with which countless millions of people in Facebook post conservative-slanted, anti-president, anti-government opinions on a second-by-second basis, I find it hard to believe that one plucky kid was singled out for his love of Rudy G...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2015, 08:57 AM

3,777 posts, read 1,949,152 times
The boy isn't old enough to keep a Facebook page. FB pulled him because of that, not because of his support of Rudy.

But it is entirely plausible that someone turned him in for daring to support Guiliano.

Old 03-01-2015, 09:17 AM

2,367 posts, read 1,625,682 times
C.J. Pearson, I may not agree with everything you have to say, but I support your right to say it.

I see great things for you one day, and seeing your video renews my hope for the future generations of Americans. You are bright, thoughtful, and articulate, which is something I sadly dont encounter much from youth in my day to day experience.

I can see you having the ability to move people, so even if your political aspirations dont work out, I can see you as the leader of a congregation, or actually performing well in any office you hold.

Speak your mind, son. Once you are an adult you might not enjoy such freedom of speech. Fear can easily mute someone when what they say can effect their ability to feed their families. God bless you, and best wishes in achieving your goals.

(Politically, my husband describes me as either a Democrat with conservative tendencies, or a Republican with liberal tendencies, lol.)

Old 03-01-2015, 09:48 AM

16,882 posts, read 17,190,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by B87 View Post
Nothing to do with the fact that you have to be 13 to have a Facebook account?
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim9251 View Post
From Facebook:

Facebook requires everyone to be at least 13 years old before they can create an account (in some jurisdictions, this age limit may be higher).

Pretty much explains why a 12 year olds account was closed.
I agree.

Facebook probably closed his account because it was illegal for him to have an account.

Old 03-01-2015, 10:11 AM

1,716 posts, read 1,579,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
He has to be 13 to have a Facebook page, so maybe it's just something simple like the Facebook admins realizing someone was breaking the rules.
This is why, no sinister plan to repress free speech. The OP wanted to create such a dramatic response for nothing. Queens and beans, always have schemes.

Old 03-01-2015, 10:17 AM

4,232 posts, read 6,029,312 times
They did him a favor as Facebook is just endless data mining anyways.

Old 03-01-2015, 10:35 AM

283 posts, read 453,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkalot View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Railman96
If that kid were alive when Rudy was mayor in NYC & about 4 years older I guarantee you he'd be singing a different tune.
Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkalot View Post
What makes you think that?
How about the fact that Guiliani is a racist who instructed police to treat black communities in NY like a foreign country under occupation. Up until maybe a year ago the NYPD an official policy of stopping and frisking random black men indiscriminately just for walking down the street. This kid would definitely not be defending him if he was 35 and lived here under that tyrant.

Old 03-01-2015, 10:42 AM

3,190 posts, read 2,489,688 times
As others have pointed out, he broke the terms of service by making the account so that's the most likely reason. If full-grown adults can call Obama a Kenyan, communist, atheist ni**** without getting their pages locked then this little kid's political views had nothing to do with his profile getting locked. And come on, he's 12. He has no political views. He has his parent's political views.

Old 03-01-2015, 10:48 AM

989 posts, read 1,497,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 415_s2k View Post
Moreover, considering the freedom with which countless millions of people in Facebook post conservative-slanted, anti-president, anti-government opinions on a second-by-second basis, I find it hard to believe that one plucky kid was singled out for his love of Rudy G...
As a conservative and libertarian minded individual not fond of the current president, not fond of many government programs I receive a fair number of "opinions on a second-by-second basis" (and once in a while send them - though with lessening regularity).

It was almost certainly because of being 12 years old, not because out of millions of conservatives posting they singled one lone kid.

Old 03-01-2015, 11:42 AM

48,516 posts, read 83,675,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
He has to be 13 to have a Facebook page, so maybe it's just something simple like the Facebook admins realizing someone was breaking the rules.
Yep; if he had account; he lied in first place. But even then tis their site not his. look at the post disallowed here. Same thing. I am sure they do not want it to become like Utube comments section
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or