U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-01-2015, 04:33 PM

685 posts, read 531,965 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by theoldnorthstate View Post
^^^ agree wonder why poster said that.

I admire the way Mayor Rudy cleaned up the town and made it safe and clean to visit again. And as prosecutor he put organized crime in the crosshairs which no one had done before.
1. Facebook (as city-data) are owned websites and are allowed to create their own rules. They can shut people down or let them post. 2. WE lived outside NYC for years and loathed Guiliani. He was a bully and manipulator and he remains so. This is off topic, so I'll stop here.
Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2015, 05:01 PM

22,947 posts, read 21,501,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javacoffee View Post
The boy isn't old enough to keep a Facebook page. FB pulled him because of that, not because of his support of Rudy.

But it is entirely plausible that someone turned him in for daring to support Guiliano.
Well, it seems the message he received was that his video account (not his personal page) was locked for "suspicious activity" not for violation of the TOS age restriction.

Secondly, his personal page is still open so there goes the idea that it was closed due to age.
From what I've been reading Facebook has a history of doing things like this to "certain" people. Yes, they own the website but they do not promote it as controlled by thought police.

Old 03-01-2015, 05:07 PM

6,474 posts, read 13,422,991 times
Well good for him. I had no idea about their at least 13 rules...but it IS STILL the INTERNET. He can make his own page and figure out how to make it accessible by the internet. HTML, Javascript ...whatever he's not to young to learn about TCP IP and firewalls, either. Facebook did him a favor.

Old 03-01-2015, 05:33 PM

1,581 posts, read 1,123,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pennyone View Post
Of course, if you are a whiny conservative bent on pointing out the liberal conspiracy against you, then what's a little detail like age limit rule on a private site?
Quote:
Originally Posted by underated9 View Post
(laughing) No such thing as a 12 year old conservative. Until you've voted you're just a 12 year with an opinion.
Didn't click on the link but just going off of the title of it it obviously had more to do with bad mouthing obama than hyping up the republican. If that at all. Like people said... it was shut down because he wasn't supposed to be on it. Too young. Then he lies and whines to media it had something to with what he posted
I love how the compassionate left loves to call people names and go negative even on a child.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
Well, it seems the message he received was that his video account (not his personal page) was locked for "suspicious activity" not for violation of the TOS age restriction.

Secondly, his personal page is still open so there goes the idea that it was closed due to age.
From what I've been reading Facebook has a history of doing things like this to "certain" people. Yes, they own the website but they do not promote it as controlled by thought police.
If Facebook didn't close the FB page, but did just disable the video, you do have to wonder why.

It seems it has happened in the past.

Facebook Apologizes for Threatening to Shut Down Conservative Fan Page Over Post Critical of Obama Admin. | TheBlaze.com

Old 03-01-2015, 05:38 PM

9,018 posts, read 7,957,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_grimace View Post
Why the hell are 12 years old getting involved in politics! Go play outside with your friends!
Maybe he's a leader already--
I cannot stand when adults discourage independent young thinkers like this.
Leaders don't go "play with their friends" when they have something to say.
They express their opinions, whether it's the popular opinion or not.
I commend this kid.
Too bad almost all of our "freedoms" to speak openly are gone though.

Btw I hate Fakebook

Old 03-01-2015, 05:45 PM

5,802 posts, read 2,157,737 times
FYI..This is Facebook who monitor's you're postings (more than you even know) right? You complain about allowing intrudings of whatever is being posted by an Internet Company/Advertisings> But yet want to shift your definitions of intrusive postings???..fine and dandy..To each their own I guess..BUT ya can't have it both ways??
BUT, then when they allow horrific desseminations of things..You all complain too?? Just what is it you want?? Let it all hang out? ..or keep any and all offensive postings...What about terroristic postings, IN/OUT?? Make up your mind, because for one it means nothing and for another it's totally offensive...Just asking?

ETA~~ Isn't there some button you push to complain about offensive postings?? Sure..and IF million complain..What do you expect them to do?? Just asking....ALL is NOT controlled by Govt.. tho know that will fall on deaf ears LOL

Old 03-01-2015, 06:57 PM

30,516 posts, read 9,123,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Railman96 View Post
If that kid were alive when Rudy was mayor in NYC & about 4 years older I guarantee you he'd be singing a different tune.
Bullbleep. Plenty of his critics even admit that he was a highly-effective mayor.

Old 03-01-2015, 10:16 PM

5,076 posts, read 7,982,641 times
OP, how could you support something like this? Someone broke the rules by creating an underage facebook account. End of story.

It seems you're suggesting that it's OK to break the rules (even rules created for child safety) as long as they're doing so to promote a particular political agenda. You and your anarchist buddies need to build your own social network if you want to promote this kind of activity. Piggybacking on a multi-billion dollar marketing company for free and complaining when they shut you down is pathetic false victim-hood. If you honestly believe that the free market isn't providing enough opportunities for children to engage in political discourse, provide an alternative.

Old 03-02-2015, 05:52 AM

10,608 posts, read 13,400,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trishguard View Post
Is it possible the suspicious activity was someone trying to hack his page? I'm not a big user of facebook so I don't know how all that works.
The way is works is, Facebook allows the public to REPORT someone's post/page. THEN they immediately yank it.

So any group can gang up onto someone they don't like or who they feel broke the terms of service that Facebook has in place.

Old 03-02-2015, 06:02 AM

41,505 posts, read 49,595,785 times
Private industry has no qualms about censoring and controlling what is posted on their electronic property. They can enforce restrictions that none of us would tolerate coming from a government. This is just the way thing are and there is little or nothing that can be done.

I have always realized that I have lost my Constitutional right to free speech when I walked into an employer's door. I do not think this is proper but as I needed the money I played by the arbitrary rules.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or