U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2015, 11:24 AM

5,577 posts, read 4,782,672 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhiannon67 View Post
I wish this had been the case back in 7th grade for me Got bullied on the bus for the entire year, and this was back when mandatory bussing/integration in the LAUSD had just taken hold and we were getting sent to schools an hour away. The girl used to deliberately sit behind me so she could beat me upside the head with her big ol' honkin' silver rings she'd turn around just for that purpose.

But back then nobody did jack squat.:roll eyes:

My son's bus has video surveillance thankfully.
And what did you do about it? No sympathy if you just sat there and took it. People treat you the way you let them treat you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2015, 11:26 AM

5,577 posts, read 4,782,672 times
In the 4th grade, about 50 years ago, a kids mother came right into the classroom and yelled at a kid for knocking her son down on the playground. I still remember it and I'm sure her son does too.

Old 03-02-2015, 03:50 PM

26,163 posts, read 14,457,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ7
Assault is assault, she shouldn't have acted on emotions, instead she should have either gone to the school and/or parents house of the child that bullied. Seeing as it was on camera, even if the family of the boy refuse to press charges the DA will.
Ya its risky taking things into your own hands these days....

Old 03-02-2015, 04:20 PM

2,850 posts, read 765,087 times
I don't condone her actions, but I understand them.
She's protecting (however wrong) her child.

As others have said, I agree that 5 years old you're not a bully yet... optimum word: yet.
I'm betting that kid thinks twice about doing that again - as I hope she does as well...

We all want to protect the ones we love, and sometimes cooler heads don't prevail as we react to what's happened.
That doesn't make it right, but, to me, it's understandable what she did... It's not like she knocked him thru the window ... and her actions weren't painful enough to cause the kid to yell and scream... as I said, I don't condone her actions, but I do understand them...

Old 03-02-2015, 05:50 PM

2,563 posts, read 1,729,915 times
I would advise those parents to get their boy enrolled in some kind of martial arts class. He don't need his mama fighting his fights for him. He will get a reputation as a " momma's boy" or even worse, a "sissy" and he will not want that kind of reputation. The best thing for that 5 yr old boy is to get him into martial arts or some kind of self-defense. It will teach him discipline, confidence and will work wonders on his self esteem. After he gets some self defense training, he might get bullied once but he won't get bullied again, once the word is out that he's not one a bully will want to take on.

Old 03-02-2015, 05:55 PM

174 posts, read 94,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
In my state it is a felony to trespass on a school bus. Also bus drivers are to watch for any adult approaching the door of the bus and to close it or drive off if needed to prevent someone from boarding if at all possible.

Old 03-02-2015, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoodburyWoody View Post
Any adult who slaps, spanks or bits any child is wrong. Period.
That's what is wrong with most kids today. No on loved them enough to spank their behind. Period!

Old 03-02-2015, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by armory View Post

The way people were commenting here, I was half expecting to see the woman drag the kid out of his seat and beat the living crap out of him.

Instead I saw a woman get the kid's attention and spoke a few words to him. Her hand moved but did she deliver the knockout blow i was expecting? No, I didn't see physical contact. No one can in that tape and it is not admissible evidence as far as slapping the kid is concerned. The other kids were too busy acting up to really notice. Anything most of them have to say is scripted by an adult for the sake of making an example of the woman.

Much ado about nothing.
I have watched many bus videos and there is just not enough there to prove anything other than she got on the bus. She would go to jail for that in my state.

Old 03-02-2015, 06:11 PM

The only real bullying I experienced was when I was in the first grade. At break or recess as we called it back then, an older kid would stop me in the hall and make me give him my milk money. I told him that my uncle would get him but he did not believe me. My uncle walked into the school hallway where this was taking place the day after I told him about it. My uncle took him by the arm, walked him away and took a board to his back side. He left me alone after that.

Old 03-02-2015, 08:29 PM

2,359 posts, read 3,028,189 times
This isn't the way things are handled in America these days. We are supposed to bury our heads in the sand, let the kids do whatever they please and act like everything is just rosy. Continue to ignore the child, let him bully all the way up into high school until one of his victims snaps and comes to school with an automatic rifle and mows down half the students and faculty. We then throw our hands up in the air, hire lawyers and ask why this kid was allowed to behave like this for all these years until it got to this point.

God forbid someone stand up for their child and slap the taste out of a bully's mouth these days.

When I was in 5th grade, I had a kid bullying me at school. My dad told me to break his nose if I had to and so I gave it a shot. I only busted the hell out of it but he didn't ever even so much as look at me again. lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events