U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2015, 09:36 PM

2,620 posts, read 1,776,610 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AL84 View Post
The only real bullying I experienced was when I was in the first grade. At break or recess as we called it back then, an older kid would stop me in the hall and make me give him my milk money. I told him that my uncle would get him but he did not believe me. My uncle walked into the school hallway where this was taking place the day after I told him about it. My uncle took him by the arm, walked him away and took a board to his back side. He left me alone after that.
Your uncle is lucky he didnt get a felony arrest and sent off to prison. What your uncle did was assault a child with a weapon. I understand his emotions, but he was way out of line to do that. It's a wonder that boy's daddy didn't come down to your uncles place and beat him to a pulp. If a grown man took a board to my kid, I'd be all over that mother effer that very night. I would gladly go to jail for kicking the as* of the man who took a board to my child.

Your uncle wouldn't get away with that today.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2015, 12:20 AM

451 posts, read 359,517 times
Parents of bullies have to have at least "some" idea that their kid is a bully. If the parents can't teach right from wrong, then I will act as a proactive parent... "Mess with my kid and I will rip you up faster than a category 5 hurricane". And YES! My family has all enjoyed martial arts training. We all know how to use restraint and never want to kick or punch or slap anyone if it can be avoided with words or other non-violent action. It is simply self defense or defense of another innocent. My kids both started training at age 5. But they know how to be humble and use restraint. They've never hurt anyone, and are usually the ones who can step in to stop harassment if they see it among their peer groups. The wimpiest kid (even the nose-picker) can learn SO much, SO fast! Such a confidence-builder that is evident right away! Adults should be able to stay out of it in most cases.

Old 03-03-2015, 12:44 AM

7,313 posts, read 4,009,605 times
Reminds me of the new show, "The Slap."
Anybody watchin' it?

Old 03-03-2015, 09:23 AM

5,602 posts, read 3,515,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Im not one for condoning violence, and this news story is hard for me to agree with. I dont think she should have hit the child, thats just fighting fire with fire. However, with that being said, I dont know if I would be able to contain myself if my son was being bullied and I caught the kids in the act. It would be extremely hard for me to hold back my rage. Not too long ago I had a dream my son was being beat up by a gang of kids, and I caught them in the act. I remember charging up to the kids and just laying waste to them. It sounds bad, I know. But I woke up and was gritting my teeth, and was literally hot from anger. It was odd. So therefore I guess I can relate to the lady here, but I just cant condone her actions. I almost wish they would legalize bullying bullies, that way the bullies can get a taste of what they put others through.

Old 03-03-2015, 10:02 AM

4,903 posts, read 2,797,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JC84 View Post
Back when I was 15, my 12 year old brother was getting bullied by a kid on his bus. As his big sister, I decided to put an end to it. I went to the bus stop and literally tackled the bully when he got off the bus. I grabbed his shirt and told him not to mess with my brother ever again.

He didn't mess with my bro again

I think the shame was on the bully for getting tackled by a girl from what my brother said

Edit: back to original topic, hitting a 5 year old is ridiculous, they don't quite understand yet.
Sticking up for your brother is one thing. I personally think that was great. But an adult hitting a unrelated 5 y.o. no way.. But what if she had just grabbed his shirt and yelled?? Would that be acceptable?

Old 03-03-2015, 10:30 AM

25,522 posts, read 14,631,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkalot View Post
And what did you do about it? No sympathy if you just sat there and took it. People treat you the way you let them treat you.
Here's the thing though, I had an issue with a kid in fifth grade kicking my leg in the bathroom, I get out and punch him. Guess who got in trouble? We BOTH did. Afterwards my father and I walked home and this idiot has his dad drive down our street and say "your son hit my kid." Of course my father was a little mad with me (but he had no standing with all the issues he got into as a kid and bragging about the fights he was in to defend himself.) No action is sometimes the best because we look at this "no snitch world" and we see a lot of kids chastised for getting an adult involved and as I experienced, sometimes people will egg on crap and then the minute you slug them, they call for the aide or teacher.

Old 03-03-2015, 01:21 PM

13,160 posts, read 7,273,151 times
I would agree that it takes a village to raise a child but slapping a 5 year old is not the way. Those kids could become friends by the end of the day but she had slapped my child I'd be all up in that. Stupid is as stupid does.

Old 03-03-2015, 04:01 PM

8,623 posts, read 5,937,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dijkstra View Post
This isn't the way things are handled in America these days. We are supposed to bury our heads in the sand, let the kids do whatever they please and act like everything is just rosy. Continue to ignore the child, let him bully all the way up into high school until one of his victims snaps and comes to school with an automatic rifle and mows down half the students and faculty. We then throw our hands up in the air, hire lawyers and ask why this kid was allowed to behave like this for all these years until it got to this point.

God forbid someone stand up for their child and slap the taste out of a bully's mouth these days.

When I was in 5th grade, I had a kid bullying me at school. My dad told me to break his nose if I had to and so I gave it a shot. I only busted the hell out of it but he didn't ever even so much as look at me again. lol

You work for Huff, WAPO, CNN or MSNBC?

Where is some kid going to get an AUTOMATIC rifle to bring to school? An automatic rifle is known as a "machine gun".
Have you ever seen or held an automatic rifle? They aren't prevalent and very few exist outside of the vaults of those who do own them.

You should write Hollyweird movie scripts.

Old 03-04-2015, 09:57 AM

4,903 posts, read 2,797,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by armory View Post
You work for Huff, WAPO, CNN or MSNBC?

Where is some kid going to get an AUTOMATIC rifle to bring to school? An automatic rifle is known as a "machine gun".
Have you ever seen or held an automatic rifle? They aren't prevalent and very few exist outside of the vaults of those who do own them.

You should write Hollyweird movie scripts.
I had a rifle which was referred to as automatic. The clip held 10 shots and did not have to be reloaded or cocked after each shot.

Old 03-04-2015, 12:01 PM

7,198 posts, read 7,571,204 times
I'm so glad all my kids can defend themselves with out weapons. Me, I would of went to said Bully's house and had a talk with his Mom, Dad/Drunk Step Dad. If that didn't work, i would Probably return and beat the snot out of Dad/Drunk Step Dad to teach the bully a lesson.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events