Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-02-2015, 07:33 AM

13,255 posts, read 12,119,439 times

Advertisements

Not sure of the extent of the involvement of the PD, but the officer appears to be perjuring in court to try to cover up for a possible homicide. If there are others who are helping to cover up, they should be charged as accomplices.

Opinions?

Recording in police shooting suddenly found, prompting cries of foul - Chicago Tribune

"Chicago police Officer Raoul Mosqueda's story about the night he and his partner fatally shot a man during a South Side traffic stop remained unchanged for four years..."

In sworn depositions and again on a federal witness stand earlier this week, Mosqueda repeatedly said he pulled over Darius Pinex's Oldsmobile Aurora in January 2011 because it matched the description he'd heard over his police radio of a car involved in a shooting and pursuit that had occupants who might be armed.

But no recording of the dispatch was ever produced. As the wrongful death lawsuit filed by Pinex's family went to trial this week, attorneys for the city insisted it didn't exist. Even as Mosqueda repeated his claims about the dispatch call to a jury Wednesday, the recording was still missing.

Then suddenly, it wasn't."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2015, 12:32 PM

3,744 posts, read 4,083,718 times
Maybe this is real.. maybe the policeman is a crook... wonder WHY the DA didnt charge him in the other shooting.. hmm

One thing is sure... your agenda is showing again

Maybe I should just start posting up crooks being arrested every second... no hundreds of times a second in the US.. without any such stories...

Naw.. its not as sensational for the cd haters who want to make all this crap sound commonplace

Less than 1 percent of police are involved misconduct allegations.. go look...

Old 03-02-2015, 04:27 PM

Your the one becoming the nuisance around here. I haven't posted an article in quite a while and this is your response? Must be getting to you.

I don't believe the politicians are going to like you ruining the PR game so maybe try switching it up.

I don't want to live in fear of the Police. It seems that even simple traffic stops these days can turn into disasters. I'm spreading relevant news about what's going on. In case you haven't noticed, the entire country is stirred up right now because of Police corruption and violence. Maybe its you who has the blinders on and not me.

Old 03-02-2015, 04:28 PM

52,433 posts, read 26,600,078 times
Ahh Chicago. Is there anything from there that isn't corrupt?

Old 03-02-2015, 04:55 PM

Do you both always take up for murderers?

Aren't you supposed to be law and order??

Old 03-02-2015, 05:53 PM

1,825 posts, read 1,418,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notmeofficer View Post
Maybe this is real.. maybe the policeman is a crook... wonder WHY the DA didnt charge him in the other shooting.. hmm

One thing is sure... your agenda is showing again

Maybe I should just start posting up crooks being arrested every second... no hundreds of times a second in the US.. without any such stories...

Naw.. its not as sensational for the cd haters who want to make all this crap sound commonplace

Less than 1 percent of police are involved misconduct allegations.. go look...
It is very difficult for DAs to go after police from a practical standpoint. DAs rely on police testimony, or the threat of police testimony every day to do their jobs and thus require a very close working relationship with police to have any success at their jobs. Anything that would or could cause serious acrimony between the DA's office and the police is a serious hot potato, election and job wise for a DA, and also a giant conflict of interest.

Thus why I think you should have special, independent prosecutors for alleged crimes committed by police.

Old 03-02-2015, 11:11 PM

4,666 posts, read 5,088,289 times
How is this news? It is a branch of the City of Chicago government.

Old 03-03-2015, 07:42 AM

It should be news that this officer shot so many people.

We all know what to expect from some of the gangs and criminals. But the Police should be held to a higher standard. There's obviously some things slipping through the cracks when it comes to internal enforcement. I'd say most reasonable Americans would agree that it is time to change the culture.

Honestly, good cops should be fighting just as hard for reform.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events