U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-03-2015, 07:59 PM

187 posts, read 243,503 times

Advertisements

WOW! Are you serious, you need help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2015, 08:13 PM
eok

6,684 posts, read 2,975,177 times
The relationship between cops and bad cops is like the relationship between Muslims and terrorists.

When we try to denounce terrorism, Muslims say "another Muslim hater" just like when we try to denounce bad cops, cops say "another cop hater."

Muslims need to do more to make it clear that they oppose terrorism. Cops need to do more to make it clear they oppose bad cops. As it stands now, Muslims give the impression they support terrorism, and cops give the impression they support bad cops.

Old 03-03-2015, 08:26 PM

4,677 posts, read 4,621,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11thHour View Post
One of these days the cops will get their acts together and quit behaving so badly. Then people won't hate them. Then cop-hating threads will fade away. But until such day, these threads will persist thanks to cops' own actions. They have no one to blame but themselves.
I'm sure people said the exact same things about the military during vietnam.
Blaming the police for police brutality is just like blaming the military for the vietnam war. The blame lays in the people who set the policies and decisions that create the actions, not in the people who have to follow those policies and decisions or lose their livelihood and retirement.

Old 03-03-2015, 08:54 PM

13,341 posts, read 10,982,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marigolds6 View Post
I'm sure people said the exact same things about the military during vietnam.
Blaming the police for police brutality is just like blaming the military for the vietnam war. The blame lays in the people who set the policies and decisions that create the actions, not in the people who have to follow those policies and decisions or lose their livelihood and retirement.
Umm..what "policy" is there, that states an officer must stomp a mudhole in a citizen for being "uncooperative" , and if they don't they will lose their job?

Old 03-03-2015, 09:19 PM

2,702 posts, read 3,470,298 times
I love all the cop hater people on here.. Tell ya what...Why not spend a month without police... Or fire dept or lots of other stuff for that matter and see how well you survive....

Get robbed and have no police to call.. Get raped and have no one to turn to.. Better yet... have someone do a home invasion, shoot you and your family but you are still alive and then set your house on fire.. And guess what... No police come, nor do the fire trucks, or even the neighbors cause they are afraid as well...

Old 03-03-2015, 10:35 PM

24,757 posts, read 33,029,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalCpl2 View Post
I love all the cop hater people on here.. Tell ya what...Why not spend a month without police... Or fire dept or lots of other stuff for that matter and see how well you survive....

Get robbed and have no police to call.. Get raped and have no one to turn to.. Better yet... have someone do a home invasion, shoot you and your family but you are still alive and then set your house on fire.. And guess what... No police come, nor do the fire trucks, or even the neighbors cause they are afraid as well...
Why don't we all just have ethical, professional policing? Or is that just too much to ask?

Old 03-03-2015, 10:54 PM

9,338 posts, read 5,846,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11thHour View Post
One of these days the cops will get their acts together and quit behaving so badly. Then people won't hate them. Then cop-hating threads will fade away. But until such day, these threads will persist thanks to cops' own actions. They have no one to blame but themselves.
Well, I think it's pretty hard to go against the police union.

Old 03-03-2015, 11:08 PM

6,742 posts, read 3,904,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eok View Post
The relationship between cops and bad cops is like the relationship between Muslims and terrorists.

When we try to denounce terrorism, Muslims say "another Muslim hater" just like when we try to denounce bad cops, cops say "another cop hater."

Muslims need to do more to make it clear that they oppose terrorism. Cops need to do more to make it clear they oppose bad cops. As it stands now, Muslims give the impression they support terrorism, and cops give the impression they support bad cops.

What's funny is those same group of people that want to lump Muslims and their religion together will turn around and call you a 'cop hater' if you make a general statement about cops and police brutality.

The "not all cops are crowd" bad don't have that same sentiment when it comes to Muslims.

Old 03-03-2015, 11:31 PM

13,341 posts, read 10,982,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalCpl2 View Post

None of these situations you speak of, would the cops do you a bit of help in. Beyond taking statements. We need to be ready and willing to defend ourselves against these things. And, in many places, if you do so, the cops aren't your friends. Fire and EMS can help you, get you to a hospital and stabilize in the field. We aren't talking about fire and EMS.

Cops can't, protect us. Their job comes AFTER a violent crime, mostly. If my neighbors are getting robbed , beaten and raped, I'm not just going to hide under my bed, and wait for the cops. Which is what you're going to do, is wait. What good are they, at that point, anyway? A 12 ga will be a far better friend.

As decent as the cops who investigated the attack on my lady were, they weren't there to protect her. The emergency medical people did her far more good. The end result of the attack would have been the same. With or without the cops. Same holds true with most violent crime.

Old 03-03-2015, 11:39 PM

9,999 posts, read 4,283,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Link to the real story about what happened.

Apparently grandma had a court order that required that she stay away from the kids.

So she ignores it and goes to the school where the parents would, presumably, not be there. The school/police did their job so grandma decides to defy the cops. Well... You know the rest of that story.

Grandmother files lawsuit claiming officer manhandled her in front of Clovis Unified school | abc30.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaaBoom View Post
I have no doubt it was police brutality, but one thing that confuses me was, why was she trying to explain anything to the cop? She had been told to leave. There is really nothing to explain at that point.

It's no secret that cops in this country, think they have a right to beat or even execute you on the spot if you don't do what they say. She is very lucky to be alive. I thank god every time I survive any type of encounter with a cop. They have a gun, and most of them are extremely mentally unstable people.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
This is what happens when citizens (18 or 78) challenge cops.

Even if the information was incorrect about the restraining order, you don't challenge the police. At 78, she should know this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by budlight View Post
Another cop-hater thread. Nothing to see here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
I did. Did you? It's Ms. Poole who says there is no court order. Obviously it's to her advantage to deny it. The police and school decided otherwise.

If I had to bet my money on whose at fault, it certainly would not be place on the school/police.
Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post
She's lucky that he didn't shoot her.
It's disturbing that citizens are being beaten and killed merely for questioning cops.

And more so that people simply accept this as 'to be expected'. Just bend over and take it.

Last edited by ohhwanderlust; 03-03-2015 at 11:57 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or