U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-05-2015, 08:05 AM

419 posts, read 1,004,792 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by notmeofficer View Post

1 percent are bad and need to be gone as quickly as we can find them..
As quickly as you can find them?

That is total b.s. because you ALL know who they are. Why wouldn't the Brotherhood be screaming from the rafters to eliminate them immediately? Why would you not be willing to go toe to toe with your Union in order to put an end to the current public's perception of the police? I will tell you why, it is because you are a band of brothers who protect their own regardless. If you do happen to have a whistle blower, what happens is the whistle blower ends up being the one on trial just as a lot of rape victims do.

You cops are in danger and it is brought on by yourselves by protecting your own. Stop the mentality of being above the law and most all of your current p.r. problems would disappear. Start leading by example and knock off the denial.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2015, 08:16 AM

682 posts, read 478,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaaBoom View Post
It's no secret that cops in this country, think they have a right to beat or even execute you on the spot if you don't do what they say. She is very lucky to be alive. I thank god every time I survive any type of encounter with a cop. They have a gun, and most of them are extremely mentally unstable people.
This is one of the most uneducated and scary posts I have ever read.

Old 03-05-2015, 08:23 AM

13,266 posts, read 10,041,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sspistol View Post
Not all cops are bad, but your 8x more likely to be killed by Police than by terrorists.

Old 03-05-2015, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Unfortunately for the police, a lot of the public feels the same way. Unless the cops grab the bull by the horns and do something drastic to change this perception it is going to continue to escalate, for very good reason.

Old 03-05-2015, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
Not all cops are bad, but your 8x more likely to be killed by Police than by terrorists.
LOL I'm guessing that's because there are several hundred thousand more police than terrorists in the US. Based on that logic it's 10x more likely you'll be killed by a teacher than a mortician.

Old 03-05-2015, 08:47 AM

Quote:
LOL I'm guessing that's because there are several hundred thousand more police than terrorists in the US. Based on that logic it's 10x more likely you'll be killed by a teacher than a mortician.
I wouldn't be too sure about that.

Old 03-05-2015, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelz View Post
I wouldn't be too sure about that.
Can you show me the chart with all the police stations in the country on it? Pretty sure it would have more dots than the this one.

Old 03-05-2015, 09:00 AM

Cops are supposed to serve and protect, terrorists are supposed to kill you.

Old 03-05-2015, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelz View Post
Cops are supposed to serve and protect, terrorists are supposed to kill you.
Right and sometimes protecting and serving includes killing criminals.

Old 03-05-2015, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Right and sometimes protecting and serving includes killing criminals.
We have a justice system, cops aren't supposed to be the judge and jury. Of course there are times when a cop needs to shoot to kill, but the instances of brutality are clearly on the rise.

Do you not agree there is a problem? Do you not agree the police currently have a poor public perception, whether justified or not? Do you not feel the public's perception needs to change in order for the decent police officers to be more safe?

Denying the problem will not make it go away.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or