U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2015, 04:46 PM

419 posts, read 1,005,865 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by notmeofficer View Post
I think you might want to rethink what you said...

Can you pass a multi-faceted background... drug test (on-going)... written and oral psych exam... polygraph and voice stress analyzer,, medical exam.. oral interview board.. run a pat test,, go to an academy ..pass it,, get through probation... have a supervisor review your every action and get videotaped or videotape yourself for them?

Police today are some of the most rigorously tested public servants there are ...

People like you worry me as a policeman because I know with your preconceived notions that my encounter with you may end badly..

Really sick...

If there are so many highly trained cops, why are there so many bad ones? Wouldn't the good cops want the bad cops off their force and rat the rotten apples out? Not all cops get drug tested and not all cops go through the rigorous testing you have described.

You SHOULD be worried because the rotten apples are giving the decent cops a bad name. I am the offspring of a great police officer/prosecutor and I was around police my whole childhood because my father was a cop 24 hours a day and mingled only with other policemen and close relatives. The stories I overheard by some of those rotten apples taught me everything I needed to know about certain Officers. A lot are heavy drinkers, drug users and most have zero respect for the opposite sex. My dad would be quick to point out how they were bad cops after they would leave the house, but he was a diamond in the rough compared to most policemen.

The word pig didn't come out of the thin air, a great deal of law enforcement officers are pigs. I am not by any stretch saying you are one of them, there are many decent officers out there, but here again, why don't you decent policemen start singling out the bad ones and start thinning out the herd?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2015, 04:53 PM

26,163 posts, read 14,571,934 times
Angry  

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeenThomas
I haven't got any words...
I do but my comments wouldnt be appreaciated probably on this base.. (One of the staff might feel they have to edit my reply and I would not want to do that....They are my friends)

Old 03-02-2015, 04:54 PM

2,179 posts, read 1,740,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal352 View Post
Seriously, where are all of those saying this crap only happens to us (blacks) when things like this happen? Imagine if that lady were black. This would be HUGE.
I'll never understand the obsession with race some of you have...

Old 03-02-2015, 04:56 PM

7,873 posts, read 5,443,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Railman96 View Post
I'll never understand the obsession with race some of you have...
Actually, I don't. I myself find the responses to police attacks on blacks ridiculous. That was my point.

Old 03-02-2015, 04:57 PM

2,179 posts, read 1,740,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
Yep, another thread questioning police over-reaction to a zero threat citizen. Nothing the cops are always right gang needs to see.
Didn't you get the memo? Pro-accountability = anti-cop.

Old 03-02-2015, 05:01 PM

9,132 posts, read 4,573,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
I did. Did you? It's Ms. Poole who says there is no court order. Obviously it's to her advantage to deny it. The police and school decided otherwise.

If I had to bet my money on whose at fault, it certainly would not be place on the school/police.
This is from the author, not the woman:

"In reality, there was no restraining order against her and no legal reason to keep her out of the school.

Old 03-02-2015, 05:03 PM

38,846 posts, read 15,614,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
This is from the author, not the woman:

"In reality, there was no restraining order against her and no legal reason to keep her out of the school.
Already disproved. The actual straining orders were posted above.

Old 03-02-2015, 05:07 PM

299 posts, read 188,014 times
My wife and I are law abiding citizens who haven't even had a speeding ticket in years. We don't take illegal drugs or drink alcohol. We aren't wealthy; in fact we're on the poor side. Working as a minister of a small independent Bible-centered church, I'm not in ministry for the money. For almost 20 years we've worked with prison inmates, as well. There are always those who claim to be innocent and aren't. And there are those who claim to be innocent and are. Justice, tragically, does not always happen in this country.
We look for "good news" to share in our ministry publications, and thank the Lord for those in law enforcement who seem to truly care about people. They should be recognized, appreciated, and prayed for.
Tarrant police officer delivers groceries to woman caught stealing eggs at Dollar General | AL.com
‘I’d do it over again': Officer speaks out about giving mom car seat, instead of ticket | Fox17

However, there is a rising pattern of police brutality in this country. It must not be ignored or denied. Too many people--young and old, black, white, hispanic, Jewish and otherwise are being bullied by what may be a force within the Force. (No "secret knowledge" here...just observing.) What this woman says she went through looks quite credible, having seen situations like this before. Our prayer is that those who are on the Police Force and serve well will have God's protection and blessing. And those who are on the Police Force to be a force unto themselves will get discovered and booted off, and serve time as the crooks that they are.

Old 03-02-2015, 05:21 PM

3,138 posts, read 2,066,567 times
I just watched the video and I'm interested in the outcome of this.

At first glance, it seems horrible that a cop would do this to an old woman.

However, I do agree that several issues arise from this story that require further clarification:

1. Was there truly a restraining order against this woman?
2. Was the cop truly hostile with her?
3. Did she obey the restraining order? What were her true interactions with the officer?
4. What did she do to the officer that led her to have several broken ribs and a dislocated shoulder?
5. Did the cop truly need to use excessive force on this lady?
4. From a purely legal standpoint, does it matter that she is 78 years old?

Old 03-02-2015, 05:53 PM

9,132 posts, read 4,573,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marigolds6 View Post
The article is wrong. (This is why you do not use websites who name themselves "FTP" as the source.) There was a domestic violence TRO order issued by Fresno Superior Court against Mary F Poole, age 78, on 01-APR-2014 through 28-MAY-2014 ordering her to have no contact with Melisse Poole or her children.

Docket Report Results - Not an Official Document

A new petition for TRO DV was filed on 30-MAY-2014, put in place 08-JUL-2014, and is still in place currently.

There was an additional TRO DV issued ordering Mary F Poole away from Mikayla Poole, filed 19-JUN-2014 and ordered 08-JUL-2014 and still in place.
Perhaps I misunderstood the final request for a restraining order.

Entry: '... request for restraining order is denied.'
----------

IF there was a restraining order, she shouldn't have gone to the school. That's one issue. Another is the force he allegedly used, outside the school, to subdue the intimidating thug sitting in her car.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or