U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-03-2015, 10:04 AM

38,349 posts, read 15,386,340 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
I never absolutely claimed there wasn't a restraining order in effect. I clearly said the author of the article wrote there was no order in effect.....
Nope. Wrong on that too. You said nothing about author where you absolute said this in response to my post.
Quote:
"Poole was never arrested, and there was not a restraining order against her."

Pepper spray and throwing a tiny 78 year-old to the ground, after she Had left the school. It's really sickening that however minor an alleged offense, how non-threatening a person is, the slightest 'defiance' can provoke crazy responses from cops and then support from the cops can do nothing wrong crew.

Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2015, 10:31 AM

9,112 posts, read 4,536,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Nope. Wrong on that too. You said nothing about author where you absolute said this in response to my post.

Geez. I quoted from the article you posted, with quotes around the sentence. Clearly, it wasn't My opinion or statement of fact. Anyway, ...

the issue for most sensible people is what did grannythug do to justify the degree of force she Alleges was used against her. You're among the cop-worshippers who believe any force they use against any person under any circumstances is justified if the victim does not immediately and completely comply with any command.

We don't have both sides. Could she have done something to justify the immediate use of force against her ? I suppose. Maybe she didn't 'show hands' when the muggercop told her to? Or she told the guy on the phone, 'I'm gonna whack this ****' ?

I'm always ready to change an opinion when more info comes out.

Old 03-03-2015, 10:38 AM

12,089 posts, read 5,619,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeaceAndLove42 View Post
It's not as if police brutality isn't at epidemic levels. Cops in America are only one step below the Taliban.
Oh come on. Compare the amount of arrests made & the amount of police brutality, it's not even close. Are there cases out there involving brutal cops? Most definitely! But the majority of cops are not insane nor are cops one step below the taliban. That's a knee jerk reaction.

Old 03-03-2015, 11:07 AM

4,677 posts, read 4,601,838 times
Looking through the history on just fresno superior court, this whole family has dozens of civil lawsuits filed back and forth spanning 40 years. And have pretty much lost every petition they have ever filed. This is often a sign to take any statements coming out of the lawsuit with a grain of salt. Good chance this is either an attempt to gain a settlement or an attempt to place pressure in the ongoing custody lawsuits between the different family members. FTP just happened to leverage onto this because a police officer is involved in one of the ongoing string of accusations between the people.

Old 03-03-2015, 11:11 AM
gg

17,007 posts, read 17,224,915 times
What is the court order against her? WOW, to have a court order must be something going on. Hard to find a credible news source about this of course. Actually, I think credible news sources have been gone since the 1980's now that it is all about shock value and money, but here is some local channel. Doesn't say that much, but the court order is interesting.

Grandmother files lawsuit claiming officer manhandled her in front of Clovis Unified school | abc30.com

Old 03-03-2015, 11:45 AM

38,349 posts, read 15,386,340 times
Quote:
Geez. I quoted from the article you posted, with quotes around the sentence. Clearly, it wasn't My opinion or statement of fact.
It was. You just won't admit it now. And you gave it clearly to try and prove me wrong. You failed on that too.

This simply is this woman's word against the police/school system. No criminal charges have been filed. It's a civil case where she has to prove that it happened in order to win a recovery/settlement.

Until those facts have been laid out in a court, it is way too early to say who was right/wrong, or if she lied about the entire thing. Given that her own offspring have seen fit to bring suit against her in the form of a restraining order, I'd say there is plenty here to put her claims in doubt.

Old 03-03-2015, 11:57 AM

24,757 posts, read 32,938,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal352 View Post
Seriously, where are all of those saying this crap only happens to us (blacks) when things like this happen? Imagine if that lady were black. This would be HUGE.
Doesn't matter what the lady looks like - the cop was wrong for what he did and should be fired and indicted.

Old 03-03-2015, 12:13 PM

24,757 posts, read 32,938,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notmeofficer View Post
If you are then you are a scrote bully gangster who thought he could do anything he wanted with his physical size and there are no bounds attitude... and if you are with your with fatal vison you thought you might take a policeman's gun.. and as such you paid for your life for it

If you are Mike Brown then you are nothing but a stone crook

And lastly.. if you are Mike Brown then your parents didnt teach you what you really needed to know to survive in the world....

There is some common misconception that we only have to meet force with equal force.. the law allows us to us WHATEVER force is reasonable, necessary, and fully justified by the circumstances... ala the LAPD shoot today...
There's a reflexive, primitive response from you. Predictable too. And you wonder why some cops are perceived as nothing more than thugs and gangsters with badges and guns.

Old 03-03-2015, 12:24 PM

419 posts, read 1,001,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
There's a reflexive, primitive response from you. Predictable too. And you wonder why some cops are perceived as nothing more than thugs and gangsters with badges and guns.
The cops should start by policing their own departments, but that would be a direct violation of the "Brotherhood." Then they would also have to deal with their very own Union and they have more than enough pencil pushers already and there are only so many desks.

Old 03-03-2015, 12:39 PM

1,707 posts, read 1,061,965 times
This is from the article:

"Mary obeyed the officer and left the school. She then pulled over to call her son and tell him what happened. While she was on the phone, she was again approached by the officer who became immediately confrontational. As with most police encounters, he refused to hear any explanation that she attempted to give him, but instead demanded immediate obedience."

When she tried to explain her situation, the officer became violent with her. Next he pepper-sprayed the woman in the face twice during the confrontation, as she was struggling to free herself from the attack. The officer must have seen her struggling for safety as a sign of resistance.

“He wouldn’t listen to anything I had to say, period. Every time I tried telling him anything…I mean, I was even telling him, ‘I’m 78 years old,’ before he grabbed me. He sprayed me with mace twice,” Mary told reporters.
“And I was very frightened, and I told him to call the police and he said, ‘I am the police. He jerked me out of my car with my left arm with such great force, and then threw me onto the pavement. From there he dragged me by my left arm up to the school grounds,” she said."

Now, I'm an honest, law-abiding citizen, one who spent 33 years working with a law enforcement agency. BUT - from the description, she was in her car, and had at least driven a little ways down the driveway, so she was not endangering the school at all. It sounds like the officer came out to her car, confronted her again, assaulted her, and then dragged her out of her car and back "up to the school grounds". These are not the actions of a law enforcement officer with his attitude in check and his ego under control. He should not be near children - if he is to remain a police officer, he should be reassigned to the drug task force or gang unit, where his thug tactics will be more welcome.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or