Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2015, 02:16 PM

4,677 posts, read 5,764,147 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
It's all good though. THings are coing full circle. The tyrants will be dealt with and a new and better Police union and justice system will emerge.
I honestly don't think that is what will happen. Protests are addressing the police and almost solely the police, with peripheral protesting of the courts. The police are not the problem. You don't protest war by protesting the military; you don't protest police brutality by protesting the police.

You will see superficial fixes with a lot of lower middle class public sector employees losing their jobs and retirement savings. But none of the people really responsible will feel any effects nor make any changes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2015, 02:19 PM

4,677 posts, read 5,764,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StAugustine View Post
You seriously discredit yourself by asserting that an objective 3rd eye is 'subjective'. Are they perfect? Can circumstances arise where they are blocked from view or otherwise fail to get everything? Of course, but only idiots let 'theoretical perfection' become an enemy of improvement.
Watch this footage.
Watch: Body cam footage from fatal officer-involved shooting in SLC Avenues | fox13now.com
What happened in it?

One side says that the camera footage proves the shooting that occurred shortly after the camera was turned off was justified, and that it even shows the camera breaking from an assault on the officer.
One side says the footage absolutely proves that the cop just wanted to shoot someone, because he purposely turned off and later broke the camera to cover it up.
And I suspect you can come up with a half dozen more interpretations somewhere in between those two sides, while not having a single way to disprove or prove any of the two stances above.

But the footage is an objective 3rd eye with no subjective interpretation to it whatsoever, right?

Last edited by marigolds6; 03-07-2015 at 02:36 PM..

Old 03-07-2015, 02:38 PM

13,255 posts, read 12,120,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marigolds6 View Post
I honestly don't think that is what will happen. Protests are addressing the police and almost solely the police, with peripheral protesting of the courts. The police are not the problem. You don't protest war by protesting the military; you don't protest police brutality by protesting the police.

You will see superficial fixes with a lot of lower middle class public sector employees losing their jobs and retirement savings. But none of the people really responsible will feel any effects nor make any changes.
I don't think you fully understand what's going on.

Let's put it this way. There's 80 Million millenials.

We're organized and united. Keep your parties and watch us do work.

Just heard the Repubs caved on gay marriage.

Old 03-07-2015, 03:53 PM

7,138 posts, read 11,023,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marigolds6 View Post
Watch this footage.
Watch: Body cam footage from fatal officer-involved shooting in SLC Avenues | fox13now.com
What happened in it?

One side says that the camera footage proves the shooting that occurred shortly after the camera was turned off was justified, and that it even shows the camera breaking from an assault on the officer.
One side says the footage absolutely proves that the cop just wanted to shoot someone, because he purposely turned off and later broke the camera to cover it up.
And I suspect you can come up with a half dozen more interpretations somewhere in between those two sides, while not having a single way to disprove or prove any of the two stances above.

But the footage is an objective 3rd eye with no subjective interpretation to it whatsoever, right?
This is why I absolutely will never call the police for anything. Because there is a good chance that they will show up and shoot somebody, and I'm not going to have that on my conscience.

This is what our country has become, the worst police state in the history of the world. Shovel snow without a license: capital offense. Sell untaxed cigarettes: capital offense. Walk down the street with dark skin: capital offense.

Just do what the police tell you to do. Thats what the police ass-kissers always tell you. So you show them your ID, you let them search you, and you let them search your car, all in total violation of the United States Constitution and all the principals this country was founded on. They find nothing and let you go. So what happens then? Like any good bully the cop comes back and does the exact same thing to you the next day, and the next, and the next. They keep on doing it, until you can't take it any more and you finally fight back, like this guy did. Then the cops give you an instant execution.

Just another day of life in the police state.

Old 03-08-2015, 09:04 AM

13,255 posts, read 12,120,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaaBoom View Post
This is why I absolutely will never call the police for anything. Because there is a good chance that they will show up and shoot somebody, and I'm not going to have that on my conscience.

This is what our country has become, the worst police state in the history of the world. Shovel snow without a license: capital offense. Sell untaxed cigarettes: capital offense. Walk down the street with dark skin: capital offense.

Just do what the police tell you to do. Thats what the police ass-kissers always tell you. So you show them your ID, you let them search you, and you let them search your car, all in total violation of the United States Constitution and all the principals this country was founded on. They find nothing and let you go. So what happens then? Like any good bully the cop comes back and does the exact same thing to you the next day, and the next, and the next. They keep on doing it, until you can't take it any more and you finally fight back, like this guy did. Then the cops give you an instant execution.

Just another day of life in the police state.
I lost faith in Americans when they sit by and allowed Stop and Frisk to take place in direction violation of our Constititutional Rights.

We had literally reached a state where certain people, vast majority people of color, couldn't even walk down the street "without their papers" and giving explanation of what they were up to.

This is America.

I regained my faith in America when Ferguson stood up.

And we've been fighting every since.

Old 03-08-2015, 09:27 AM

419 posts, read 1,237,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
I lost faith in Americans when they sit by and allowed Stop and Frisk to take place in direction violation of our Constititutional Rights.

We had literally reached a state where certain people, vast majority people of color, couldn't even walk down the street "without their papers" and giving explanation of what they were up to.

This is America.

I regained my faith in America when Ferguson stood up.

And we've been fighting every since.
I lost a lot of faith after the Boston Marathon bombings when tanks were rolling down the streets and cops were banging on doors forcing their way into people's homes like storm troopers. Of course i wanted them to catch who the perpetrators were, but trampling people's rights and throwing the Constitution out with the bath water wasn't exactly very American.

Old 03-08-2015, 10:59 AM

3,744 posts, read 4,084,005 times
I am losing faith in a generation meebies.. who think smoking dope, using welfare, social services, special class this special class that.. be anything or anybody.. dont like your body be another body...and not getting along is a way of life.. professional protesting as a matter of course......

Storm troopers?
Ferguson stood up...?
People of color cant walk down the street?
Weve been fighting ever since?

No kidding.. power to the people stuff hunh...

Wow.. 60s deja vu.. except now meebies take from the government instead of shunning its intoxicating milk...

Can we imagine an America (as it is now) without police to keep order.... well.. for those of us who have been around the world and seen ****holes where there isn't any order can tell you... USA baby all the way.. this is the most free country on the planet

And perhaps if the meebes didnt crap and rape people while protesting ala Occupy ,, we wouldn't need police

Im happy to hear posters say they would never need police... hopefully we will never have to come to their homes

Everyone is a minority where I work... I am the minority in the minority.... if you are white where Ive worked I would be all over you like white on rice... for all the right reasons...

Most of the libs posting voted for Barack Obama.. drank his kool aid.. take his welfare sucking it up like crack.. then complaining about the horror of government intervention in their lives while not putting one bit of energy into the world other than breathing oxygen.. smoking dope and demanding rights/// forgetting that their messiah is the one who is making government want to be in every aspect of a private persons life...
Who is buying ammo up... putting APCs in every state..spying on your personal life,, controlling your medicine.. food,, internet... surprise surprise.. King Barack.. but that's OK because he gives us free phones and lets us smoke dope.. wonderful

Want to protest something.. go protest that

As far as being afraid of your police

People fear police when they feel guilty about some behavior
People fear police when they are guilty of some crime

People call the police when they cannot get along
People call the police when other aspects of government wont work.. why.. police will come
People call the police who are "real" victims...

People who unreasonably fear the police could use some more of that medicine they like so much

Old 03-08-2015, 12:06 PM

8,793 posts, read 8,157,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notmeofficer View Post
I am losing faith in a generation meebies.. who think smoking dope, using welfare, social services, special class this special class that.. be anything or anybody.. dont like your body be another body...and not getting along is a way of life.. professional protesting as a matter of course......

Storm troopers?
Ferguson stood up...?

Wow.. 60s deja vu.. except now meebies take from the government instead of shunning its intoxicating milk...

Can we imagine an America (as it is now) without police to keep order.... well.. for those of us who have been around the world and seen ****holes where there isn't any order can tell you... USA baby all the way.. this is the most free country on the planet

And perhaps if the meebes didnt crap and rape people while protesting ala Occupy ,, we wouldn't need police

Im happy to hear posters say they would never need police... hopefully we will never have to come to their homes

Everyone is a minority where I work... I am the minority in the minority.... if you are white where Ive worked I would be all over you like white on rice... for all the right reasons...

Most of the libs posting voted for Barack Obama.. drank his kool aid.. take his welfare sucking it up like crack.. then complaining about the horror of government intervention in their lives while not putting one bit of energy into the world other than breathing oxygen.. smoking dope and demanding rights/// forgetting that their messiah is the one who is making government want to be in every aspect of a private persons life...
Who is buying ammo up... putting APCs in every state..spying on your personal life,, controlling your medicine.. food,, internet... surprise surprise.. King Barack.. but that's OK because he gives us free phones and lets us smoke dope.. wonderful

People call the police when other aspects of government wont work.. why.. police will come

People who unreasonably fear the police could use some more of that medicine they like so much
LOL, that's quite a rant salad; a spew against almost every social issue that could be talked about - except the one issue being discussed in this thread - rotten cops and police abuse. Even in other threads, all you do is ignore, rant, deflect, make excuses for, and otherwise leghump cops at every turn, yet you can't ever seem to address abusive cops and what should be done about them. But thanks, I really didn't know until you came along that they hire blind cops.

Last edited by blktoptrvl; 03-08-2015 at 01:06 PM..

Old 03-08-2015, 01:01 PM

7,138 posts, read 11,023,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notmeofficer View Post

Storm troopers?
Ferguson stood up...?

"The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized."

You are on the wrong side of the Constitution. That makes you an enemy of every American citizen who believes in freedom. Too bad for you weren't born in Nazi Germany. You would have loved it there. You are nothing but an occupying military force in this country.

Old 03-08-2015, 01:31 PM

52,433 posts, read 26,603,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaaBoom View Post
....Too bad for you weren't born in Nazi Germany. You would have loved it there. You are nothing but an occupying military force in this country.
Nothing like a lot of hyperbole when nobody accepts your version of reality as fact.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events