U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2015, 10:35 AM

66 posts, read 58,117 times

Advertisements

I haven't got any words...
78y.o grandma, what should grandma do to let adult man pepper-spray her?!
Fresno, California – 78-year-old grandmother Mary Poole was brutally assaulted and pepper-sprayed by a police officer when she attempted to deliver cupcakes to her grandchildren at school.
Cop Brutally Attacks 78-Year-Old Grandma For Delivering Cupcakes To Her Grandchildren | The Free Thought Project
The children’s parents are in the midst of a divorce and custody battle, so Mary wanted to do something nice for the children. She decided to deliver a gift in a neutral setting.
I'm sorry, but Someone needs to beat the **** out of this *****!! And i really hope that he will lost his job forever for doing such things...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2015, 10:41 AM

38,060 posts, read 15,286,103 times
Link to the real story about what happened.

Apparently grandma had a court order that required that she stay away from the kids.

So she ignores it and goes to the school where the parents would, presumably, not be there. The school/police did their job so grandma decides to defy the cops. Well... You know the rest of that story.

Grandmother files lawsuit claiming officer manhandled her in front of Clovis Unified school | abc30.com

Old 03-02-2015, 11:06 AM

9,100 posts, read 4,524,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Link to the real story about what happened.

Apparently grandma had a court order that required that she stay away from the kids.

So she ignores it and goes to the school where the parents would, presumably, not be there. The school/police did their job so grandma decides to defy the cops. Well... You know the rest of that story.

Grandmother files lawsuit claiming officer manhandled her in front of Clovis Unified school | abc30.com
"Poole was never arrested, and there was not a restraining order against her."

Pepper spray and throwing a tiny 78 year-old to the ground, after she Had left the school. It's really sickening that however minor an alleged offense, how non-threatening a person is, the slightest 'defiance' can provoke crazy responses from cops and then support from the cops can do nothing wrong crew.

Old 03-02-2015, 12:16 PM

7,142 posts, read 8,430,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeenThomas View Post
I haven't got any words...
78y.o grandma, what should grandma do to let adult man pepper-spray her?!
Fresno, California – 78-year-old grandmother Mary Poole was brutally assaulted and pepper-sprayed by a police officer when she attempted to deliver cupcakes to her grandchildren at school.
Cop Brutally Attacks 78-Year-Old Grandma For Delivering Cupcakes To Her Grandchildren | The Free Thought Project
The children’s parents are in the midst of a divorce and custody battle, so Mary wanted to do something nice for the children. She decided to deliver a gift in a neutral setting.
I'm sorry, but Someone needs to beat the **** out of this *****!! And i really hope that he will lost his job forever for doing such things...
I have no doubt it was police brutality, but one thing that confuses me was, why was she trying to explain anything to the cop? She had been told to leave. There is really nothing to explain at that point.

It's no secret that cops in this country, think they have a right to beat or even execute you on the spot if you don't do what they say. She is very lucky to be alive. I thank god every time I survive any type of encounter with a cop. They have a gun, and most of them are extremely mentally unstable people.

Old 03-02-2015, 12:25 PM

3,744 posts, read 3,272,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaaBoom View Post
I have no doubt it was police brutality, but one thing that confuses me was, why was she trying to explain anything to the cop? She had been told to leave. There is really nothing to explain at that point.

It's no secret that cops in this country, think they have a right to beat or even execute you on the spot if you don't do what they say. She is very lucky to be alive. I thank god every time I survive any type of encounter with a cop. They have a gun, and most of them are extremely mentally unstable people.
I think you might want to rethink what you said...

Can you pass a multi-faceted background... drug test (on-going)... written and oral psych exam... polygraph and voice stress analyzer,, medical exam.. oral interview board.. run a pat test,, go to an academy ..pass it,, get through probation... have a supervisor review your every action and get videotaped or videotape yourself for them?

Police today are some of the most rigorously tested public servants there are ...

People like you worry me as a policeman because I know with your preconceived notions that my encounter with you may end badly..

Really sick...

Last edited by notmeofficer; 03-02-2015 at 12:35 PM..

Old 03-02-2015, 12:33 PM

30,377 posts, read 9,081,069 times
This is what happens when citizens (18 or 78) challenge cops.

Even if the information was incorrect about the restraining order, you don't challenge the police. At 78, she should know this.

Old 03-02-2015, 12:34 PM

28,411 posts, read 14,121,326 times
IMHO, the campus cop should have called the local police and let them handle it.

Old 03-02-2015, 12:51 PM

7,741 posts, read 5,322,246 times
Seriously, where are all of those saying this crap only happens to us (blacks) when things like this happen? Imagine if that lady were black. This would be HUGE.

Last edited by Arcenal352; 03-02-2015 at 01:18 PM..

Old 03-02-2015, 01:18 PM

25,907 posts, read 34,966,446 times
No matter how sweetly intentioned, people aren't allowed to show up at my kids' schools to interrupt the day with cupcakes. The children are busy. Take them out for ice cream afterward.

I suspect the reality of what happened only dimly resembles this story.

Old 03-02-2015, 01:24 PM

3,048 posts, read 1,568,863 times
Another cop-hater thread. Nothing to see here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or