Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2015, 12:58 PM

3,190 posts, read 3,183,078 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by victimofGM View Post
What speech did you watch? That's not what he said at all!
If you know nothing about Netanyahu and what he's done as PM of Israel then you might take his speech at face value. But if you're informed and follow what he does then you would know that he's a warmonger and wants America to fight his battles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by victimofGM View Post
I also remember them saying Iraq was moving chemical weapons to Syria by big rigs and have photos of the rigs. Also remember Syria using chemical weapons on it's own people not too long ago.
So? Do you have evidence that those weapons were from Iraq? Because every claim of Iraq producing WMDs was baseless and had no proof even at the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
What Netanyahu says to congress is irrelevant. What it does prove, very loudly, is that Obama is a very weak and discredited President who doesn't have the support of his people. That was the real point. A point that will not be brought to you by the MSM in the USA.
This doesn't even make any sense. Americans are Obama's people and the majority of Americans want peace and diplomacy, not war and bluster.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
Yours is the first & only reply I have read thus far. Based on your view, do you believe our countries leader/s that we genuinely want to keep Iran from getting a nuclear bomb?
If you do, and knowing we are the ones in negotiations with Iran, do you honestly feel our strategy will work (both short & long term) and we are dealing with an honest partner in this arena?
I think Obama wants to keep Iran from getting nuclear weapons and to empower and embolden the moderate majority in Iran. I think Netanyahu wants preemptive wars with Americans' lives on the line so he can continue his illegal expansion of Israel. He's a bully and a chickenhawk. And a lot of the "threats" made by Iran against Israel are BS. Mistranslations, exaggerations and outright falsehoods abound because Netanyahu is a warmonger who's been trying to incite war with Iran for more than a decade and the Western media plays right along, just like it did for W. Bush. Reports that statements were mistranslated come weeks later, with no fanfare.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
I ask because no matter how you feel about the US playing policeman of the world, we are the only ones that have a credible threat of destroying Iran's nuclear ambitions. I say this knowing that Israel could attack Iran, but aside from them possibly being successful on that front, it would inflame the entire Muslim world.
Netanyahu knows that he can't wage a war against Iran, but he also knows that he has America by the balls. He's that loudmouth drunk girl at the bar who gets in dude's faces like she can whoop ass because she has a big gorilla for a boyfriend who will actually whoop ass. We are Netanyahu's gorilla and I'm sick of it. We prop up their economy, we pay for their military, we protect them from even the threats they bring on themselves, and Netanyahu thinks we owe him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2015, 02:00 PM

52,433 posts, read 26,600,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MordinSolus View Post
.This doesn't even make any sense. Americans are Obama's people and the majority of Americans want peace and diplomacy, not war and bluster..
LOL, well.... Obama's administration does act in a very imperial manner, but he does not own the American people. He is supposed to work FOR them.

In regards to war & bluster, Obama has bombed 7 Arab countries since taking office, staged a coup in Ukraine and close to starting a proxy war with Russia, and spied on our allies infuriating them. Nobody trusts him and that includes friends and foes alike.

What I said makes perfect sense. No leader of another country would come and address congress and completely ignore the President while doing so, unless that President had become weak and had no support. Netanyahu's message was irrelevant. It was basically a diplomatic bitchslap. Everyone paying attention knows this.

Old 03-03-2015, 02:08 PM

3,190 posts, read 3,183,078 times
Quote:
LOL, well.... Obama's administration does act in a very imperial manner, but he does not own the American people. He is supposed to work FOR them.
...you're just being willfully obtuse.

Quote:
In regards to war & bluster, Obama has bombed 7 Arab countries since taking office, staged a coup in Ukraine and close to starting a proxy war with Russia, and spied on our allies infuriating them. Nobody trusts him and that includes friends and foes alike.
And now you're making things up. Staged a coup in Ukraine? Starting a proxy war with Russia? What right wing toilets did you scoop that crap out of?

Quote:
What I said makes perfect sense. No leader of another country would come and address congress and completely ignore the President while doing so, unless that President had become weak and had no support. Netanyahu's message was irrelevant. It was basically a diplomatic bitchslap. Everyone paying attention knows this.
Netanyahu is an extremist and can't be taken seriously. That you respect him more than your President despite his subterfuge of America's interests shows how deeply unamerican you are. Had a Democrat said about W. Bush what you've said about Obama you would accuse them of undermining America and disrespecting the Presidency. Think about that.

Old 03-03-2015, 02:11 PM

8,079 posts, read 10,070,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post
"So now that Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has made his speech, what do you think about what he stated in relation to Iran?"

I thought it was a great speech. I was also glad to see both sides of the aisle give him standing O's. It made this past week of hand wringing seem rather silly. I agree that Iran shouldn't have the bomb. If Israel chooses to stop them all by their lonesome, so be it. Thanks for posting the link, I think it's wise for folks to listen to the primary source and not the pundits.
This ^^^. It was nice to hear a speech which was specific and succinct, and not full of political rhetoric. There are NO circumstances where we will lend legitimacy to a weak country which has consistently lied about their nuclear ambitions. They are a threat to our nation, and we will stop them. Period. And I believe, after what they did in Gaza last year, that they will. Israel is NOT to be trifled with. Too bad America doesn't have such backbone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leavingIL View Post
There is no threat of Iran getting the bomb under the agreement for which they're negotiating. This is hyperbole and bombast from people like Bibi who, I might add, claims that Iran is using these negotiations to get the bomb despite the fact that Mossad AND the CIA both claim it's not true. What theyre actually negotiating for, if you don't listen to David Sanger and David Albright and Max Boot and just read the drafts that have made it out, or the guys at IPS News or MintPress who are all pretty good on this issue, is to install EXTRA safeguards in return for relief of SOME sanctions. Part of this, for instance, is to permanently station IAEA inspectors at the most controversial nuclear sites; Arak, Tabriz, etc. This would be like owning a gun shop and having an ATF agent stationed there. I hate Obama probably more than any of the Bibi lovers on here whp assume (for whatever reason) that he's not lying, but, really, this is a solid deal.
The problem is that the agents are stationed in A gun shop, but the illicit activity is taking place in another, unknown, gun shop. Iran has proven they cannot be trusted; no amount of supervision has deterred their effort to achieve a nuclear weapon; the US should NOT be negotiating with people who would destroy us and our allies; and Netanyahu is exactly right: Iran is using these negotiations to extract concessions from people which have no reason to concede anything.

Old 03-03-2015, 02:24 PM

919 posts, read 847,806 times
His speech was good - one presumes he had Jewish writers Lots of clever one-liners.
Doubtless it helped him politically back at home. The more American left assails him, the more Israeli right-wing votes he gets.

Stepping back, I question the relevance of a Prime Minister of a tiny country coming to US and lecturing us on how we should deal with other countries. He had no business bypassing our President. So how about this - If Israel can try to interfere in our affairs we can damn well interfere in theirs. So how about not wasting $3 billion on these ungrateful bastards. If they want the money, they will elect somebody else.

Old 03-03-2015, 02:25 PM

52,433 posts, read 26,600,078 times
Quote:

And now you're making things up. Staged a coup in Ukraine? Starting a proxy war with Russia? What right wing toilets did you scoop that crap out of?

Netanyahu is an extremist and can't be taken seriously. That you respect him more than your President despite his subterfuge of America's interests shows how deeply unamerican you are. Had a Democrat said about W. Bush what you've said about Obama you would accuse them of undermining America and disrespecting the Presidency. Think about that.
  1. Nope. It was a clear response to platitude and nonsense.
  2. Toilets and insults about right wingers are not an argument. It's what is said when you have no idea what you are talking about. But no matter. All you have to do is follow the money. Start reading here. http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-02-25/ukraine-enters-endgame

3. More insult. Now you call me Un-American. I never voted for a Bush so you also base your commentary on the false left vs right paradigm. So you can drop the false outrage. Finally, I never said that I support Netanyahu. In fact, I said his speech was irrelevant. Apparently you still haven't figured it out.
Next time you try to respond to one of my posts, you might try something with a little better substance than this.

Old 03-03-2015, 02:26 PM

610 posts, read 698,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Bear View Post
This ^^^. It was nice to hear a speech which was specific and succinct, and not full of political rhetoric. There are NO circumstances where we will lend legitimacy to a weak country which has consistently lied about their nuclear ambitions. They are a threat to our nation, and we will stop them. Period. And I believe, after what they did in Gaza last year, that they will. Israel is NOT to be trifled with. Too bad America doesn't have such backbone.

The problem is that the agents are stationed in A gun shop, but the illicit activity is taking place in another, unknown, gun shop. Iran has proven they cannot be trusted; no amount of supervision has deterred their effort to achieve a nuclear weapon; the US should NOT be negotiating with people who would destroy us and our allies; and Netanyahu is exactly right: Iran is using these negotiations to extract concessions from people which have no reason to concede anything.
If its unknown, then how do you "know" there's illicit activity there? Did you get that nugget of logic from the NYT? Even Mossad themselves say you, and Netanyahu, are wrong. Remember Saadam's "mobile biological weapons factories?" Sounds kind of similar. Not to mention, hasnt CNN been reporting a 6 month breakout time for almost 20 years?

Old 03-03-2015, 02:34 PM

610 posts, read 698,506 times
Quote:

Victoria Nuland and Jeffery Pyatt are literally on tape admitting that. Even Gideon Rose acknowledged that was 100% true.

Old 03-03-2015, 02:57 PM

16,541 posts, read 8,579,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leavingIL View Post
There is no threat of Iran getting the bomb under the agreement for which they're negotiating.
The rest of your post sounded reasoned, but starting out with such a definitive bold statement leaves one to wonder how you can make such a comment. The agreement can be reneged upon at any stage, and depending on the POTUS and the counties appetite for conflict, they very well might be allowed to work toward readiness under the agreement. I remember when our politicians made pronouncements that N Korea would not be allowed to get the bomb (Clinton, Bush & Obama), yet they now have it, and are looking to weaponize a longer range ICBM.
So what is to make us believe that Obama can deliver on Iran not getting it with what many consider a weak deal that allows them to come right up to the line without stepping over it?

Quote:

I think Obama wants to keep Iran from getting nuclear weapons and to empower and embolden the moderate majority in Iran. I think Netanyahu wants preemptive wars with Americans' lives on the line so he can continue his illegal expansion of Israel. He's a bully and a chickenhawk. And a lot of the "threats" made by Iran against Israel are BS. Mistranslations, exaggerations and outright falsehoods abound because Netanyahu is a warmonger who's been trying to incite war with Iran for more than a decade and the Western media plays right along, just like it did for W. Bush. Reports that statements were mistranslated come weeks later, with no fanfare.

We prop up their economy, we pay for their military, we protect them from even the threats they bring on themselves, and Netanyahu thinks we owe him.
So you are saying Ahmadinejad(sp?) was misquoted all those times he made inflammatory comments about the destruction of Israel

I am not naive enough to believe Bibi does not have his own agenda, but he is also not as bad as you and some others seem to think he is. His main goal is to protect his country. That said, it is easy for us to pontificate about the security of Israel over here, but we do not live with daily missiles and RPG's being shot at us from across the border. We do not have suicide bombers/gunmen popping up from tunnels and killing us.
Frankly I feel sorry for the poor people living over in Israel when I hear rhetoric that implies their safety from the lens of their friends in the US, who have no real idea what it is like to live in their shoes.

BTW - We are also giving tons of money and weapons to other countries around the world, some in the Middle East which hate our guts.
Personally I'd like to see the next president demand any country getting military or even economic aid get their houses in order, or cut them off. This includes countries teaching young Muslims in madrassas to hate the infidels and spawning new jihadists every generation.

Old 03-03-2015, 03:37 PM

7,776 posts, read 12,435,548 times
I think our president sides with the terrorists.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events