Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2015, 05:14 PM

610 posts, read 699,145 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Yet he got numerous standing ovations from the entire congress. The only ones who didn't seem to like it was the lame duck Obama who will be gone in 2 years, the Congressional Black Caucus who boycotted, and lackeys of the Democratic party. Seems like Netanyahu is in very good standing where it counts.

Obama has completely lost to set agendas for the USA.
Oooooo.... a standing ovation from a bunch of spineless bought-and-paid-for corporatists. That counts for something, right? Wait...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2015, 05:19 PM

8,924 posts, read 5,626,404 times
Israel needs to elect someone else this election. He shouldn't have been here anyway. He has no respect for the presidential office it's clear. We aren't his puppets. How much aid do we GIVE to Israel every year? Netanyahu obviously has a connection to the Republican Party as he seems to do their bidding....

Old 03-03-2015, 05:19 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,624,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leavingIL View Post
Oooooo.... a standing ovation from a bunch of spineless bought-and-paid-for corporatists. That counts for something, right? Wait...
Is this worse than a spineless bought-and-paid-for-corporatist President? I've no argument on this description of the government. We got there because people are completely lost in the false argument of left vs right, liberal vs conservative, red vs blue, ad nauseam. IMO, your cheer-leading for Obama falls into this category.

But no matter as you are entitled to your opinion. This visit was about giving Obama a big bitchslap and that slap was indeed delivered. BTW, the rest of the world is watching too.

Old 03-03-2015, 05:43 PM

2,630 posts, read 1,455,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tominftl View Post
Israel needs to elect someone else this election. He shouldn't have been here anyway. He has no respect for the presidential office it's clear. We aren't his puppets. How much aid do we GIVE to Israel every year? Netanyahu obviously has a connection to the Republican Party as he seems to do their bidding....
Netanyahu is not interested in peace. He a hardliner and has no interest in a two state solution. As time has gone on, he has made it all but impossible to achieve by moving the goal posts. Also, there is no precedent for a foreign leader to come to the USA and criticize the POTUS and US foreign policy before Congress.

Old 03-03-2015, 05:56 PM

5,347 posts, read 7,199,259 times
Israel is like that punk kid on the playground that is always messing with other little kids.

But when s*** hits the fan they always run to their older family members to protect them

Old 03-03-2015, 05:58 PM

14,246 posts, read 14,737,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloforLife View Post
Netanyahu is not interested in peace. He a hardliner and has no interest in a two state solution. As time has gone on, he has made it all but impossible to achieve by moving the goal posts. Also, there is no precedent for a foreign leader to come to the USA and criticize the POTUS and US foreign policy before Congress.
I agree though I think he tempered his words enough to say we can agree to disagree. Let us not forget Israel has an election coming up on 03/17 so much of this was a election campaign speach. If Netanyahu's party (Likud) wins, he and Obama will kiss and makeup.

It is all political.

Old 03-03-2015, 06:00 PM

1,871 posts, read 2,097,959 times
Someone tell me why we are playing favorites with this guy and his country? So much for trying to speak up. Suddenly people want to label me anti-semitic if I don't support Israel. I remember a few years back Netaunyahu came and spoke before Congress and said we don't need you(America) to take care of us, we can take care of ourselves. Good idea, lets get the hell out of there and stop giving them money and guns.

Old 03-03-2015, 06:48 PM

1,341 posts, read 1,530,480 times
Netanyahu proved himself the leader of the free world today. Wish we had could find a leader for us like that. I'd love to have a President that was the leader of the free world again.

Old 03-03-2015, 06:55 PM

610 posts, read 699,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowdog View Post
Netanyahu proved himself the leader of the free world today. Wish we had could find a leader for us like that. I'd love to have a President that was the leader of the free world again.
You mean the leader of the free world that kills journalists he doesn't like?

Group demands UN probe IDF strikes on journalists - Diplomacy & Politics - Jerusalem Post

RWB publishes 2014 round-up of violence against journalists - Reporters Without Borders

https://cpj.org/2012/12/israel-must-...lists-gaza.php

These 17 Journalists Were Killed by Israel In Gaza

Since, after all, no founder of a free society ever wrote this:

"Our liberty cannot be guarded but by the freedom of the press, nor that be limited without danger of losing it."

Or wait... Maybe he did...

Old 03-03-2015, 07:14 PM

685 posts, read 720,818 times
Look at the reality of what our country has become. When you see lines of lobbyists (with former Congressmen in that line), they're all corrupt in one way or another. I don't know that's true of Ms. Warren, though, and hopefully she doesn't get sucked up into the mess. We have the corporations (who are in bed with Washington) running the country for their own greed.

They're almost all a complete disgrace. I don't think we need a scale of how bad one person is over another. But to have a **** (I can't write it) from Israel who totally undermines what's going on in the U.S. negotiations with a **** Iran and use the U.S. as a ploy to help him win an election makes him an arrogant and pompous war-monger who doesn't give a dang about any damage he's potentially creating here... like we need another problem with which to deal. We have enough problems without Netanyahu totally ignoring protocol of a country on whom he depends. He needs to be sent back to Israel and preferably with a one-way ticket. It's all despicable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events