U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 03-03-2015, 07:28 PM
 
Location: Sugarmill Woods , FL
6,235 posts, read 5,384,329 times
Reputation: 13586

Advertisements

You have NO obligation to answer the door for the police or anyone else. Just say NO, its your right.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-03-2015, 08:28 PM
 
8,161 posts, read 9,361,414 times
Reputation: 10327
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
I think perhaps there is more to the story. I doubt they just magically showed up to start with.It is a fairly serious crimes to provide alcohol to minors at your house or elsewhere. There is no not go to jail zone on that.
The article says it was found there were no minors at the party. The police pulled a BS excuse.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-03-2015, 08:44 PM
 
Location: OC, CA
9,862 posts, read 13,185,983 times
Reputation: 8730
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaypee View Post
Suspected underage drinking but they didn't even check IDs. Shocking! Pun intended.
CD needs a rim shot emoj
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-03-2015, 09:22 PM
 
5,016 posts, read 1,525,865 times
Reputation: 4898
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11thHour View Post
They have to justify their existence somehow. First the drug war, now house-warming parties. Don't they see they are the problem? In any case I hope this guy wins.
Wait, why do you hope that? Because if he wins, then we all lose. Because WE pay. And you just pointed out that THEY are the problem. The people who are the problem need to pay...not us. We had nothing to do with it.

But its all good...because in the revolution the payback is going to come out of their hides.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-04-2015, 12:53 AM
 
Location: Tucson for awhile longer
8,874 posts, read 12,914,194 times
Reputation: 28957
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErnieG View Post
Welcome to the United States of Police!
Obviously the United States of Corporations wasn't bad enough.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-04-2015, 01:24 AM
 
Location: Tucson for awhile longer
8,874 posts, read 12,914,194 times
Reputation: 28957
No one is required to let the police into their house if they do not arrive with a search warrant. If police knock on your door, (1) go out side and talk to them on the sidewalk. Don't answer any questions you don't want to answer. (2) If they want to enter your home tell them to return with a search warrant and tell them you are calling your attorney. (3) You aren't even legally required to open the door when they start yelling police if that isn't followed by, "we have a warrant." Tell them if they want to talk with you, you will meet them downtown and ask for an appointment.

Here are very good, SPECIFIC instructions on how to handle this situation:
Legally Speaking: Police are at the Door - Primer
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-04-2015, 02:45 AM
 
Location: USA
13,266 posts, read 9,990,078 times
Reputation: 4228
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
I think perhaps there is more to the story. I doubt they just magically showed up to start with.It is a fairly serious crimes to provide alcohol to minors at your house or elsewhere. There is no not go to jail zone on that.
Do you say that when the reports are the other way around?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-04-2015, 02:47 AM
 
Location: USA
13,266 posts, read 9,990,078 times
Reputation: 4228
Quote:
Originally Posted by phantompilot View Post
Wait, why do you hope that? Because if he wins, then we all lose. Because WE pay. And you just pointed out that THEY are the problem. The people who are the problem need to pay...not us. We had nothing to do with it.

But its all good...because in the revolution the payback is going to come out of their hides.
How you know about the Revolution?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-04-2015, 05:14 AM
 
Location: Ft. Myers
15,560 posts, read 9,642,463 times
Reputation: 34345
I am normally a very strong supporter of our people in LE, but if the facts are correct in this case, I hope the homeowner sues the pants off of that department and those cops !! Absolutely inexcusable !! Sounds like that little town is running things the way they want instead of the way they should !

Don
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-04-2015, 06:09 AM
 
262 posts, read 267,139 times
Reputation: 516
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
I think perhaps there is more to the story. I doubt they just magically showed up to start with.It is a fairly serious crimes to provide alcohol to minors at your house or elsewhere. There is no not go to jail zone on that.
Sounds like a "concerned neighbor" didn't like the new addition to the neighborhood "making a racket" and called the police to put an end to it. Except there wasn't much of a racket after all, so the deputies figured they wouldn't exit the scene empty-handed. Probably figured they could shoehorn their way inside based on the "underaged drinking" BS and hit the jackpot (namely, marijuana).

Nevermind it was a house party full of clean-cut folks. Knowing my former state of residence and it's outdated attitudes on certain matters, there was probably a bit of underlying subtext driving the deputy's actions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top