U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2015, 09:16 AM

38,120 posts, read 15,305,729 times

Advertisements

• Obama is a politician.
  • People have said bad things about politicians & their wives for a very long time.
  • But.
  • Obama is Mulatto married to a Black woman.
  • Hence anything said bad about him or his familily automatically has the R-word applied.
In other words:

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2015, 09:24 AM

28,411 posts, read 14,134,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
The top court clerk was just fired for sending those racist e-mails. The top clerk.

Did you miss the poster who's from the area, who's white I believe, who told you that the PD is racist and needs to clean up its act? Did you also miss the countless instances of abuses on the local citizens?

I really don't know what your fighting for here.

Are you fighting for evil?

FYI, putting your text in bold doesn't make your very weak argument seem any more credible.

It's no surprise that you have such a take on the DOJ report. You take the anecdotal story of one "white" person here and apply that as fact.

Additionally, you see that one person wrote stupid emails and come to the conclusion that an entire department is racist and acts on racism.

I can see you now, you wake up, see that it is raining and declare that the world is going to flood.

You really need to read some books on critical thinking.

Old 03-06-2015, 09:33 AM

9,103 posts, read 4,527,746 times
Quote:
I guarantee none of you posters can tell me which witnesses disputed the Hands Up, Don't Shoot claim.

If you give me numbers I'll break down their testimony.

Also, none of you can give me a witness that backs up Wilson's account. Again, give me a number, and I'll break down the witness.

The case was FAR from cut and dry. The issue was that there were so many different stories. Partly caused by McCullough's handling of the case.
I'm heading down to the DOJ with my 'No Vengeance, No Peace' sign and a copy of your post. Those rotten racists simply don't grasp that if no single witness supports Every aspect of Wilson's story, he's guilty as not charged.

They took the racist approach by examining the testimony of what each witness actually saw and matching it to the physical evidence and the testimony of other credible witnesses. Shame on them

Old 03-06-2015, 09:39 AM

9,103 posts, read 4,527,746 times
Quote:
See. Even the statement you made right there is ignorant.
You've been so consistently wrong on Wilson/Ferguson, your calling my statement ignorant confirms how correct it really is. TY

Old 03-06-2015, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
You've been so consistently wrong on Wilson/Ferguson, your calling my statement ignorant confirms how correct it really is. TY
Good point. I'll have to start gauging the accuracy of my posts by his objections. The more he types, the more bold lettering and the greater number of spaces between sentences, the more my post is dead on.

Old 03-06-2015, 10:06 AM

8,862 posts, read 7,340,095 times
are these statistics a symptom of racism or animosity the black community has towards law enforcement? This is a chicken or the egg argument. It is possible that a history of racist police officers have created a history of animosity among the black community towards law enforcement. However, this doesn't mean that today's law enforcement, as a whole, are racist. When you have a community that holds such hatred and anger towards the police, isn't it possible that some of those "arrested for being black" cases involve their hatred towards police? Part of police training includes reading body language. Anger, combative, and other behaviors could automatically make them a suspect. When you confront police officer on the street with such behavior, you're putting the officer (armed with a taser and gun) on the defense and ready to attack to protect his/her life from an attack. For me to believe without a doubt that this PD is racist, such statistics would have to be much higher than the national average for other PDs in relation to the percentage of black population.

Old 03-06-2015, 10:19 AM

12,655 posts, read 12,078,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Did you read this report?

It's laughable. (Although I did stop at page 33 due to the same crap over and over)

First, you have all of these anecdotal stories of "abuse" without any explanation of the officers side. Did the officers in these stories acknowledge the stories were true? If so, why didn't the report state that? If not, what was the other side?

Second, the report talks about how FPD is revenue driven. Really? Let's see a report about how the federal government or just about every other level of government does when we start talking about revenue. What a joke. I love the story about the woman who didn't pay her tickets or show up for court causes her to get more violations for failure to appear and more fines. Let's see here, if I didn't pay my taxes and didn't show up for court appearances, what would happen to me? Would the federal government not issue warrants for failure to appear? Would the IRS not penalize me further monetarily? Of course they would. Does that mean they are racist against me? LOL.

Third, the report makes a big deal out of the statistics of black arrests and stops. They show that Ferguson has a black population of 67%, and that auto stops of black is 85%, citations 90% and arrests 93%. That does sound bad. Let's focus on the worst, the 93% of arrests are black people and the populations 67% black. That means there is a bias of 38%. Now, let's compare this local bias that the DOJ says is racially motivated to the DOJ's racial bias. Black people make up 12.6% of the US population ( Demographics of the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia ). The percentage of people in federal prison that are black, put their by the DOJ, is 37.5% ( BOP Statistics: Inmate Race ). So, what would be the bias there? 195%. Yes, that's right the racial bias of the DOJ is five times greater that Ferguson.

------------

Let's summarize. The report is filled with one-sided anecdotal accounts. The report says that Ferguson, like pretty much every government, focuses on revenue. And, Ferguson's racial bias is five times lower than the DOJ.

Thank you for posting the link to that report. It shows that the DOJ is only covering it's tailside, but it is most likely politically motivated.
And to add to this great post;

I guarantee this report with through the bias filter, and during the investigation, anything to do with non-minorities was left out and not scrutinized. Myself having worked previously for the EEOC, I know all too well how once a victim class is proposed, all references to any other class is ignored. For example pay discrimination, the EEOC will target say women for a job group, yet ignore three other job groups that have men getting less than women. So in this case, only references made about minorities are included and investigated, for all we know, there could have been numerous disporting emails made about non-minorities, as well as complaints and other issues.

Old 03-06-2015, 11:00 AM

13,266 posts, read 9,993,776 times
A lot of you are delusional.

It's ok. We have REAL stories. You'll be the liar and the fool.

I'm not either.

Even when presented with mountains of evidence you still bury your head in the sand. You either have an alternative motive or your a racist. Which is it?

Edit: I think I've made up my mind. I'll start the offensive 1st with the Republicans. More likely to have maximum impact. By the time I get done with them the Democrats will probably fall in line.

Old 03-06-2015, 11:34 AM

4,133 posts, read 5,945,094 times
It does seem as if a lot of posters here are in absolute and total denial about how awful the Ferguson police are:

"Oh, they're just cherry-picking individual incidents,"
"Oh, we can't trust Eric Holder."
"Oh, disparate impact analysis is not really valid"
"Oh, they fired that one guy in the clerk's office, what else do you want"
"OH, what government doesn't collect fines for revenue?"

....and on, and on, and on. Anything to discredit the messenger and ignore the message.

Wake up folks. There is a PATTERN here of vicious racism in this department. Looking at particular incidents is seeing only the trees and missing the forest. All the evidence points to a PATTERN, a hostile environment for black people in Ferguson, that has pervaded that police force for years, that preceded the Michael Brown incident, that elevated tensions afterward, and that has led to a near-total breakdown of police/community relations. The reaction and rioting to Brown's killing was a response to the deep and chronic dysfunction in the police force that needs to be addressed, just as police departments in other, larger cities have had to face this issue squarely -- if uncomfortably -- if they are to clean up the PD, restore trust, and reduce the chance of future violent outbursts.

Wake up folks. You can't trust the DOJ when it says that Wilson was justified in shooting and then turn around and not trust it when it says the Ferguson police department is bottom-of-the-barrel, racist, and ignorant. That is blatant hypocrisy in the service of bigotry.

Old 03-06-2015, 11:55 AM

Quote:
I think I've made up my mind.
Your mind was made up when you saw the very first headline, "White man shooting black child"

Quote:
Originally Posted by citylove101 View Post
You can't trust the DOJ when it says that Wilson was justified in shooting and then turn around and not trust it when it says the Ferguson police department is bottom-of-the-barrel, racist, and ignorant. That is blatant hypocrisy in the service of bigotry.
So, let me make sure I understand your rational. It appears that you are saying that you must either agree with everything a person or institution says or nothing. You're saying they can't be correct on one aspect and wrong on another.

OK.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or