Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2015, 10:31 AM

52,433 posts, read 26,603,454 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowMotionApocalypse View Post
However it was pretty obvious early on this police department has serious problems..
I'm not sure that after performing a witch hunt and only ending up with an email calling Obama a chimpanzee. is a symptom of a police department having "serious problems". The commentary from Eric Holder was nothing but pure politics. Don't listen to what he says, look at what he does. So far, nothing. It's the old rope-a-dope.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2015, 10:34 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,598,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaaBoom View Post
An example from the report

Lieutenant: Get over here.
Bus Patron: Me?
Lieutenant: Get the f*** over here. Yeah, you.
Bus Patron: Why? What did I do?
Lieutenant: Give me your ID.
Bus Patron: Why?
Lieutenant: Stop being a smart ass and give me your ID.
The lieutenant ran the man’s name for warrants. Finding none, he returned the ID and said, “get the hell out of my face.”

Why do they hate the police so much? I just don't get it.
My guess it that you are unaware of these things called Wanted Posters.

They kind of look like this:

These will appear on the walls of police stations.

They also distribute bulletins to the police, and many of these contain descriptions of people they are looking to apprehend.

Now, if a police officer sees someone that might look like a person on a wanted poster they saw or in a bulletin that they were sent, they would actually be doing their job to ask for the ID and then run it when they see someone matching that description.

Could it have been handled in a more professional manner, assuming that was the actual language used? Most certainly. But the assumption of racial bias for this event is just an assumption and probably based upon preconceived ideas.

What was the officer's reason for running the ID?

Old 03-05-2015, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtownoe View Post
and possibly executed the kid.

I researched the whole case. Court docs and all. Zero witnesses backed up wilson's account.
roflmao.

Old 03-05-2015, 10:40 AM

Quote:
I guess Eric Holder invented this situation too.

Ferguson employee fired, 2 others on leave over emails

Ferguson employee fired, 2 others on leave over emails

FERGUSON, Mo. (AP) — Ferguson Mayor James Knowles says one police department employee was fired and two others are on administrative leave over racist emails uncovered in a Justice Department investigation into the city's law enforcement practices.
My guess is that if you looked through every email of any organization, you'll find racist, sexist and other "ist" emails.

I'd love for the Justice Department to look through all of the emails of the NAACP. I bet you'd find a few emails that wouldn't be too flattering of whites, Asians and Hispanics.

Old 03-05-2015, 10:47 AM

25,557 posts, read 17,256,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
My guess is that if you looked through every email of any organization, you'll find racist, sexist and other "ist" emails.

I'd love for the Justice Department to look through all of the emails of the NAACP. I bet you'd find a few emails that wouldn't be too flattering of whites, Asians and Hispanics.
Amen Bro.....
However, we will soon "find" that Hillary never sent anything that was not relevant, clear, insightful, encouraging, tolerant, and even wise.

Oh, yeah.

Old 03-05-2015, 10:50 AM

12,038 posts, read 8,403,014 times
Quote:
I still think the shooting was most likely justified.

However it was pretty obvious early on this police department has serious problems.

But I guess it's too complicated for most people to simultaneously hold both viewpoints.

If anything, these are some of the consequences of a complete lack of political engagement by most of the citizenry.
Thanks for saying this. It isn't just the lack of engagement alone but also a stubborn fact of human behavior.

Instead of immediately choosing up sides it would be nice, for once, if we could acknowledge that there are problems on both sides of an issue and work to resolve the behavior of both.

If that doesn't happen then one side feels that its personal power has been yanked and resists. It takes both sides of an issue working in the same direction to solve the problem. We never seem to get there because people won't acknowledge their own part in it.

That's what I think this is all about - the old lizard brain power struggle.

Prosecute 'em all!

Old 03-05-2015, 11:22 AM

575 posts, read 615,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post

The NAACP isn't the police department. Stop tolerating racism.

Old 03-05-2015, 11:41 AM

5,573 posts, read 3,345,258 times
I'm white, middle class and middle aged. I get the yes sir, no sir, may I please see your license sir, when I get stopped, which is twice in the past couple of years, both times for blatantly breaking traffic laws. I also live near Ferguson Mo.

Ferguson's powers that be are an inbred, entitled, and openly racist bunch. A light needed to be shone on the dark, dusky little pit. There are and have been real problems there between the police and city bosses on one side, and the black residents on the other, for decades.

The justice department does have an agenda here. It's their job to have one. The place treats people in vastly different ways based on the color of their skin. No debate. Needs to change yesterday.

Having said that, I believe that the shooting of Brown was justified. I think the rioting that followed the grand jury announcement was criminal. I also think the prosecutor behaved like a defense attorney representing the police officer before the grand jury, but that not withstanding, Wilson appears to me to have acted legally. I kind of get how some people have a tough time seeing it that way, though.

Old 03-05-2015, 12:01 PM

7,670 posts, read 14,234,258 times
I hear Fat Al Sharpton will lead the Justice Dept oversight of Ferguson.

Old 03-05-2015, 01:33 PM

1,899 posts, read 3,955,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeotheOrangeCat View Post
The NAACP isn't the police department. Stop tolerating racism.
You're right. The NAACP is a racist organization that focuses on promoting one race, black people. A police department would never do that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events