Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2015, 11:26 AM

1,284 posts, read 1,260,771 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanguardisle View Post
An owl can take a fully grown cat? Or are we talking a little kitten? Geez better hide the dachshunds and chihuahuas.
Owls and Coyotes were usually the culprits when my father lost a cat. He lived up in a Canyon overlooking the pacific ocean. An owl can easily get a cat.

I don't think most people leave smaller dogs out overnight, do they? Nighttime is the riskiest time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2015, 11:30 AM

1,284 posts, read 1,260,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by portlandphi View Post

EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW! Yuk!
In America, dogs and cats are pets. People who come here and disregard that and torture and eat our pets are pond scum and are not welcome here.
I'd have to agree with this. No pet would ever be safe if we had to worry about our neighbor's stealing them for dinner that night

Old 08-20-2015, 12:20 PM

11,755 posts, read 7,114,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnTrips View Post
Someday they will own us. Then McDonalds will be serving kitty burgers.
What do you mean "someday"?

Mick

Old 08-20-2015, 01:45 PM

3,041 posts, read 5,000,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electric Wizard View Post
I am against the torture of the animals for better taste. Countless farming articles and even world class producers of meat all vouch that less stressed and happy animal is a tastier animal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnTrips View Post
Agreed. I would think that if you're going to engage in the business of selling dog and cat meat, it's be easier and safer to just "grow you own" than to run around stealing pets or importing them. Its not like they are hard to breed.
I feel like this group is really reaching. They can't just say "Don't eat cat/dog" because of cultural sensitivity, so they make stuff up like the underground cat/dog trade and torturing animals to make them tastier (uhh, like Kobe Beef is tortured?) Dog/cat isn't very good. Legal meat in the USA is so cheap. What's the point of having an underground trade? Where is the evidence this trade even exists?

Most people wouldn't support their agenda if it was just a petition to stop eating dog and cat in other countries.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events