U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2015, 10:32 AM

66 posts, read 58,282 times

Advertisements

Safe Gun Storage Saves Lives*|*John Rosenthal
This week in Harris County, Texas three young children were shot with unsecured guns found by children. Two of these children are dead due to accidental self-inflicted wounds. One of the children, aged 6, remains hospitalized after being shot by a younger brother. Each of these three families has been forever changed by a few moments in time. The local sheriff appears to be forever changed by these tragedies as well. He called a press conference after the third shooting to advocate for safe gun storage, he is quoted as saying "I beg of you, help us to keep from having to respond to tragedy that can be prevented."
It's not a trolling or discrimination, it's just thread about my "hatred" and misunderstanding of gun problems!
When people will understand that guns are dangerous? And it doesn't matter where you keep your guns, because if you have a gun, possibility that you can hurt somebody is much higher than in situation when you haven't got guns!
When people will understand that 2nd amendment is good idea, but only when you live in third-world country!
Why are you still have your guns?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2015, 12:27 PM

9,060 posts, read 7,141,295 times
WHEN will people TEACH their children that guns are NOT TOYS?
I was taught that as soon as I learned to walk around the house.
My kids were taught that as well.
My grandfather's guns were not locked up. Neither were mine, 30 years ago when my kids were little. "Gun Safes" had not been invented yet.
Children were taught the difference between toy guns and real guns. Children seldom played with real guns, even though they knew where they were.
WHY anyone would NOT teach their children something that could save their lives is beyond my comprehension! Even it a parent does not and never will own a gun, the kid should be taught to leave them alone!
Do YOU know which of your children's playmates' parents have guns in their house? Probably not. TEACH your children!
SAVE their lives!

Rant over.

Old 03-04-2015, 03:34 PM

7,542 posts, read 8,107,706 times
"safe gun storage", locking up guns where no one can access them in a hurry, might have save these lives, but it might cost others.

If home invaders come into your house, or if you are confronted by armed robbers on the street, you need easy access to a firearm to prevent serious injury and/or death.

If it becomes too ponderous for people to carry guns, crime will definitely increase, criminals aren't interested in getting into a fair fight. If it gets to the point that they know the vast majority are walking around defenseless, they will take more chances and become more active.

Old 03-04-2015, 04:00 PM

41,505 posts, read 49,704,162 times
I was taught or just figured out the difference between toy cap guns and real rifles when I was about 5 years old. I used the cap guns to shoot at the neighborhood kids while they were doing the same to me. I used the .22 rifle to shoot rats at the dump a couple of years later. Without any adult interference.

Old 03-10-2015, 12:37 PM

18 posts, read 10,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
I was taught or just figured out the difference between toy cap guns and real rifles when I was about 5 years old. I used the cap guns to shoot at the neighborhood kids while they were doing the same to me. I used the .22 rifle to shoot rats at the dump a couple of years later. Without any adult interference.
So what? Do you feel heroic? The subject is about gun safes.

Old 03-10-2015, 12:47 PM

4,710 posts, read 2,998,877 times
Biometric gun safes are a great solution for homes with children. Instant access limited to the fingerprint of the owner.

Old 03-10-2015, 09:01 PM

4,432 posts, read 2,465,683 times
I don't worry about my kids and my guns. The "kids" are ages 53 and 51.

I am concerned about some of the riff-raff that is out on the street.

Old 03-10-2015, 10:22 PM

30,728 posts, read 9,194,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeenThomas View Post
This week in Harris County, Texas three young children were shot with unsecured guns found by children. Two of these children are dead due to accidental self-inflicted wounds. One of the children, aged 6, remains hospitalized after being shot by a younger brother. Each of these three families has been forever changed by a few moments in time. The local sheriff appears to be forever changed by these tragedies as well. He called a press conference after the third shooting to advocate for safe gun storage, he is quoted as saying "I beg of you, help us to keep from having to respond to tragedy that can be prevented."
It's not a trolling or discrimination, it's just thread about my "hatred" and misunderstanding of gun problems!
When people will understand that guns are dangerous? And it doesn't matter where you keep your guns, because if you have a gun, possibility that you can hurt somebody is much higher than in situation when you haven't got guns!
When people will understand that 2nd amendment is good idea, but only when you live in third-world country!

Your bafflegab explains why this country's founding fathers got it right.

Old 03-10-2015, 11:36 PM

13,341 posts, read 10,953,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeenThomas View Post
WHY do I still have my guns? In the first place, asking why implies I need justify myself, somehow, which I am not obligated to do. KT also seems that English is not your first language, so, you , not having been born here, have some nade telling us we should give up our 2A rights. I have firearms that have been passed down for several generations. They are not wall hangers, either. Every house they have been in has raised kids. None have ever been mishandled and caused the death or injury of any of those kids. Because they were taught about weapons at an early age.

Just as millions of children have been, throughout history. Swords, knives, spears, bows, firearms. There is a warrior tradition in the US, among a LOT of We the People here. That is our birthright. One millions of American lives were paid out to ensure. My family is one of those warrior families. With that , goes an obligation to teach the young responsibility, and that real weapons are not a TV show or vidiot game. Intentional spelling with "vidiot" BTW. .

If you don't want weapons in your home, don't have them. If you do, and you have youngsters, educate them, and lock them up if you have any doubts it took. Nobody has a right to tell others how to live, in this country. Sure, you can have an opinion. Doesn't mean I have to take it to heart. Or even listen to it. The weapons in my home are part of who I am, who WE are. It will continue to be so, forever, regardless of any laws that try to infringe on it. My weapons have saved lives. Used to defend against those who would do harm. That's a sad fact, but better than the alternative was without them.

Old 03-10-2015, 11:42 PM

13,751 posts, read 8,745,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BurntOffering View Post
So what? Do you feel heroic? The subject is about gun safes.
No, it isn’t. It started out that way but by the end became another give-up-your-guns thread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or