U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 03-08-2015, 11:02 AM
 
Location: Baker City, Oregon
3,484 posts, read 5,554,106 times
Reputation: 5427

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeaceOut001 View Post
.....
If you look at the Catholic Church fiasco quiesced by now but not closed, by your first sentence, it would mean priests are homosexual......
Almost all of the boys molested by the priests in this scandal were postpubescent. This means the molesters were homosexual man, not pedophiles who molest prepubescent children.

Of course, in our politically correct world we are not allowed to believe this truth because it makes homosexuals appear to be not 100% good and virtuous. Therefore, in order to be politically correct, a special definition of pedophilia has been applied to this scandal. Anybody who states the actual truth is accused of homophobia.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-08-2015, 11:03 AM
 
633 posts, read 847,399 times
Reputation: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeaceOut001 View Post
Anyone who thinks this is wrong must be people who are too old and out of touch and ignorant. At least statements like yours ring loud and clear as to how blind and homophobic you are. Quick, the rest of us need to go out and flag heterosexual couples who have adopted nice-looking kids and force them to get rid of them. Soon, they'll use their looks to convert others and do untold damage to them! They'll soon be passing on the HPV and who knows what else. (Except, I can't do that since I have a family member who falls into that gorgeous category with two good-looking parents.)

jay: Come out of your media and politically-manipulated stupor.
So now you should not be against someone from another color because you will be racist, not another sex because you are sexist, not another sexual orientation because you are homophobic?
As far as I'm concern, you brought up the HPV, I din't even think of that... That's how lot of activist (LGBT, black, white, Muslim, christian...) get their way... If you do not agree with anything we say or do, then you are a dirty racist / homophobic / antisemitic ...
Old...? I am younger than lot of people here, just not naive to a point... Just like that gay couple in Montreal who were almost making out in public stairs in a room full of people where french kissing is forbidden... They were thrown out like any other couple were but since they were gay, they accused the owner of being homophobic... When a journalist ask them why they were that explicit when it is forbidden, the guy replied "Sc@#! you" then hang up...
I know gay people, one of them is a friend we went to the same school... He adopted a young kid and guess what... I am happy for him... but this couple is definitely fishy
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-08-2015, 11:54 AM
 
685 posts, read 531,380 times
Reputation: 1003
Quote:
Originally Posted by karlsch View Post
Almost all of the boys molested by the priests in this scandal were postpubescent. This means the molesters were homosexual man, not pedophiles who molest prepubescent children.

Of course, in our politically correct world we are not allowed to believe this truth because it makes homosexuals appear to be not 100% good and virtuous. Therefore, in order to be politically correct, a special definition of pedophilia has been applied to this scandal. Anybody who states the actual truth is accused of homophobia.
I asked specifically in my post to add a link to your beliefs that are similar in nature to the OPs. I'm totally open to facts rather than ostensibly ignorant statements. You responded twice without this information. So, I ignore comments from people like you and the OP. If you cannot support your argument, it's invalidated. I have no need to respond to the responses from ignorance and the inability to support your views.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-08-2015, 12:12 PM
 
6,773 posts, read 6,857,792 times
Reputation: 6941
Quote:
Originally Posted by karlsch View Post
Almost all of the boys molested by the priests in this scandal were postpubescent. This means the molesters were homosexual man, not pedophiles who molest prepubescent children.

Of course, in our politically correct world we are not allowed to believe this truth because it makes homosexuals appear to be not 100% good and virtuous. Therefore, in order to be politically correct, a special definition of pedophilia has been applied to this scandal. Anybody who states the actual truth is accused of homophobia.
Those who have studied the issue extensively do not agree with this assumption made by people who are unable to look deeper into an issue. Sexual orientation is not predictive of sex crimes. This does not mean that gay men can't also be pedophiles, but research has consistently found that they are not more likely to be.


In the book Mental Disorders of the New Millennium (2006), author and psychology professor Thomas Plante writes:[/i][/indent]
Although the majority of clergy abuse victims are males, homosexuality cannot be blamed. First, many of the pedophile priests report that they are not homosexual. This is also true of many non-clergy sex offenders who victimize boys. Many report that they target boys for a variety of reasonsĀ that include easier access to boys ... pregnancy fears with female victims ... homosexuals in general have not been found to be more likely to commit sexual crimes against minors compared to heterosexuals. Sexual orientation is not predictive of sex crimes
The US Catholic Bishops commissioned a study on priestly child sex abuse from John Jay College. John Jay researcher Margaret Smith reported back to the Bishops on early findings from their study. From the USA Today:

We do not find a connection between homosexual identity and the increased likelihood of subsequent abuse from the data that we have right now ... It's important to separate the sexual identity and the behavior. Someone can commit sexual acts that might be of a homosexual nature but not have a homosexual identity..


The American Psychological Association stated in its 2001 website article "Understanding Child Sexual Abuse: Education, Prevention, and Recovery":

"Studies on who commits child sexual abuse vary in their findings, but the most common finding is that the majority of sexual offenders are family members or are otherwise known to the child. Sexual abuse by strangers is not nearly as common as sexual abuse by family members.
Research further shows that men perpetrate most instances of sexual abuse, but there are cases in which women are the offenders.
Despite a common myth, homosexual men are not more likely to sexually abuse children than heterosexual men are."


Ray Blanchard, PhD, Head of Clinical Sexology Services at the Centre for Addiction and Mental Health, in his Oct. 2000 article "Fraternal Birth Order and Sexual Orientation in Pedophiles," in the Archives of Sexual Behavior, wrote:
"...Ordinary (teleiophilic) homosexual men are no more likely to molest boys than ordinary (teleiophilic) heterosexual men are to molest girls..."

Last edited by detshen; 03-08-2015 at 12:21 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-08-2015, 12:28 PM
 
685 posts, read 531,380 times
Reputation: 1003
Quote:
Originally Posted by detshen View Post
Those who have studied the issue extensively do not agree with this assumption made by people who are unable to look deeper into an issue. Sexual orientation is not predictive of sex crimes. This does not mean that gay men can't also be pedophiles, but research has consistently found that they are not more likely to be.


In the book Mental Disorders of the New Millennium (2006), author and psychology professor Thomas Plante writes:[/i][/indent]
Although the majority of clergy abuse victims are males, homosexuality cannot be blamed. First, many of the pedophile priests report that they are not homosexual. This is also true of many non-clergy sex offenders who victimize boys. Many report that they target boys for a variety of reasonsĀ that include easier access to boys ... pregnancy fears with female victims ... homosexuals in general have not been found to be more likely to commit sexual crimes against minors compared to heterosexuals. Sexual orientation is not predictive of sex crimes
The US Catholic Bishops commissioned a study on priestly child sex abuse from John Jay College. John Jay researcher Margaret Smith reported back to the Bishops on early findings from their study. From the USA Today:

We do not find a connection between homosexual identity and the increased likelihood of subsequent abuse from the data that we have right now ... It's important to separate the sexual identity and the behavior. Someone can commit sexual acts that might be of a homosexual nature but not have a homosexual identity..


The American Psychological Association stated in its 2001 website article "Understanding Child Sexual Abuse: Education, Prevention, and Recovery":

"Studies on who commits child sexual abuse vary in their findings, but the most common finding is that the majority of sexual offenders are family members or are otherwise known to the child. Sexual abuse by strangers is not nearly as common as sexual abuse by family members.
Research further shows that men perpetrate most instances of sexual abuse, but there are cases in which women are the offenders.
Despite a common myth, homosexual men are not more likely to sexually abuse children than heterosexual men are."


Ray Blanchard, PhD, Head of Clinical Sexology Services at the Centre for Addiction and Mental Health, in his Oct. 2000 article "Fraternal Birth Order and Sexual Orientation in Pedophiles," in the Archives of Sexual Behavior, wrote:
"...Ordinary (teleiophilic) homosexual men are no more likely to molest boys than ordinary (teleiophilic) heterosexual men are to molest girls..."
lol. I guess the other guys I asked to add a link were unable to find one supporting their illogic. Thanks, detshen. I get tired of rehashing the same junk I've been hashing for over 20 years .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-08-2015, 12:46 PM
 
4,243 posts, read 3,314,089 times
Reputation: 7112
Quote:
Originally Posted by detshen View Post
Those who have studied the issue extensively do not agree with this assumption made by people who are unable to look deeper into an issue. Sexual orientation is not predictive of sex crimes. This does not mean that gay men can't also be pedophiles, but research has consistently found that they are not more likely to be.


In the book Mental Disorders of the New Millennium (2006), author and psychology professor Thomas Plante writes:[/i][/indent]
Although the majority of clergy abuse victims are males, homosexuality cannot be blamed. First, many of the pedophile priests report that they are not homosexual. This is also true of many non-clergy sex offenders who victimize boys. Many report that they target boys for a variety of reasonsĀ that include easier access to boys ... pregnancy fears with female victims ... homosexuals in general have not been found to be more likely to commit sexual crimes against minors compared to heterosexuals. Sexual orientation is not predictive of sex crimes
The US Catholic Bishops commissioned a study on priestly child sex abuse from John Jay College. John Jay researcher Margaret Smith reported back to the Bishops on early findings from their study. From the USA Today:

We do not find a connection between homosexual identity and the increased likelihood of subsequent abuse from the data that we have right now ... It's important to separate the sexual identity and the behavior. Someone can commit sexual acts that might be of a homosexual nature but not have a homosexual identity..


The American Psychological Association stated in its 2001 website article "Understanding Child Sexual Abuse: Education, Prevention, and Recovery":

"Studies on who commits child sexual abuse vary in their findings, but the most common finding is that the majority of sexual offenders are family members or are otherwise known to the child. Sexual abuse by strangers is not nearly as common as sexual abuse by family members.
Research further shows that men perpetrate most instances of sexual abuse, but there are cases in which women are the offenders.
Despite a common myth, homosexual men are not more likely to sexually abuse children than heterosexual men are."


Ray Blanchard, PhD, Head of Clinical Sexology Services at the Centre for Addiction and Mental Health, in his Oct. 2000 article "Fraternal Birth Order and Sexual Orientation in Pedophiles," in the Archives of Sexual Behavior, wrote:
"...Ordinary (teleiophilic) homosexual men are no more likely to molest boys than ordinary (teleiophilic) heterosexual men are to molest girls..."

Way too difficult for the bigoted crowd to follow. To them, facts and expert analysis don't matter because they don't follow the simple, bigoted narratives. You are wasting your time trying to educate these mental midgets.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-08-2015, 12:58 PM
 
Location: Corona del Mar & Coronado, CA
1,573 posts, read 1,120,859 times
Reputation: 1961
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayo2k View Post
Stop living in a dream, a grown man adopt a grown up almost legally adult girl, you will assume it is for his amusement...
Do not tell me there were not young kids with need of a family... Why did they have to adopt the oldest boy they could legally adopt who in less than 2 year will be adult thus no more pedophilia...?
Being gay right advocate is one thing, being blindly naive supporting anything fearing being accused of homophobia is another and truth is, this couple is fishy.
It is always hard to decide whether or not to respond to complete ignorance and where there is an obvious closed mindset, it is almost why bother.

Do you have a source for "the oldest boy they could legally adopt"? What is the age limit on adoptions?

Did you listen to the story? The boy, Marvin, was 12 years old when the segment aired. The gay couple saw the segment and decided they had to help this specific boy. He is now 14 years old and the adoption has become official.

So the gay couple didn't show up to an orphanage and say, "ya got any ripe ones? heh heh" <rubbing their hands over and over>

Pedophilia is an attraction to prepubescent children. My guess is that Marven was not prepubescent when his segment aired on Wednesday's Child.

"This couple" is a pair of saints who are given a kid who has had a very rough go in life a loving home.

I feel very badly for you that you can not comprehend how a gay couple can love kids just like a straight couple.

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlsch View Post
Almost all of the boys molested by the priests in this scandal were postpubescent. This means the molesters were homosexual man, not pedophiles who molest prepubescent children.

Of course, in our politically correct world we are not allowed to believe this truth because it makes homosexuals appear to be not 100% good and virtuous. Therefore, in order to be politically correct, a special definition of pedophilia has been applied to this scandal. Anybody who states the actual truth is accused of homophobia.
The leap is not from pedophilia to homosexual, there is the intermediate step of ephebophila, which is a sexual attraction to adolescents. It is usually fixated 13 to 19. If the priests were homosexuals, they'd be having sex with men of all ages, not just teens.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-08-2015, 01:09 PM
 
5,171 posts, read 2,998,481 times
Reputation: 17656
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeaceOut001 View Post
lol. I guess the other guys I asked to add a link were unable to find one supporting their illogic. Thanks, detshen. I get tired of rehashing the same junk I've been hashing for over 20 years .
I could probably match you stat for stat but it's a waste of time. Depends on who's compiling the data and why. That's why I prefer to stick with the judicial and medical stats as those two groups are probably more privy to private information and less apt to be corrupted by money offered to people by special interest groups.

I'm old as the hills, worked in the medical field and have gay friends (Yup. Crazy isn't it?) And I have seen and heard enough anecdotal information to be quite familiar with the temptations of gay males. And I've seen enough personal damage to last me three lifetimes. I also recognize that no one gets through life without damage, just that gay people have their own brand. This is rarely, if ever, acknowledged publicly.

You activists have been given a voice and good for you. At this stage in your social acceptance I can see the resistance to telling a well-rounded story. And people aren't ready to hear the whole story. I just like to hear a truthful balance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-08-2015, 01:43 PM
 
Location: Central IL
13,363 posts, read 7,128,759 times
Reputation: 31075
....I'm just glad everyone was attractive - that's all that counts!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-08-2015, 02:07 PM
 
685 posts, read 531,380 times
Reputation: 1003
pennyone: Yes, I agree. A sufficient number of bigoted people when presented with facts and logic still see the same thing. The argument remains the same and the same and the same.

TimTheEnchanter: I didn't know this and it makes sense. Ephebophila is a new term for me. But, as you can see the counter responses from those who have closed minds, it won't help them. To others, it's good information to know.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top