U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-05-2015, 06:34 PM

4,257 posts, read 3,335,356 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelpha View Post
when did I ever say the word creepy? Perhaps others are sick who are reading into things that are not there.
You implied far worse than "creepy" in your OP. I was being very kind in using that word.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2015, 06:47 PM

1,585 posts, read 1,129,700 times
So other than the story being on NBC and for Washington DC and the kid being 14 years old and the attractiveness of the adoptive parents being a matter of opinion........ the OP had the story right.

Wednesday's Child | NBC4 Washington

I think Marvin is thrilled he was this weeks Wednesday Child

Old 03-05-2015, 06:58 PM

1,470 posts, read 1,568,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimTheEnchanter View Post
So other than the story being on NBC and for Washington DC and the kid being 14 years old and the attractiveness of the adoptive parents being a matter of opinion........ the OP had the story right.

finally a link! thank you, Tim.

Old 03-05-2015, 09:03 PM
Status: "Certified Victim™ who walked away" (set 17 days ago)

9,178 posts, read 6,841,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimTheEnchanter View Post

I was a little bit surprised by the kid. The first thing I thought was, wow, I wonder if the kid himself is gay as taking up makeup is not a hobby most boys would do.

I was also surprised by one of the two parents, that he speaks in a very stereotypical way. I am certainly not judging him but could not help but notice it.

As for the fact that the kid is supposedly attractive, that is just ridiculous.

Old 03-05-2015, 09:12 PM

14,359 posts, read 20,647,499 times
Quote:

Oh leave it to CD'ers to read into things that aren't there and blow things out of proportion.
Isn't that exactly what you are doing by 'starting this dialigue'?

Old 03-05-2015, 09:21 PM

1,470 posts, read 1,568,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by veuvegirl View Post
Isn't that exactly what you are doing by 'starting this dialigue'?
Hahaha touché

Old 03-05-2015, 11:42 PM

2,572 posts, read 3,389,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubi3 View Post
An excellent example of how a person damn well better not have an opinion about anything having to do with gays that gays do not agree with. Who knew? I don't necessarily agree with what was posted, but that has nothing to do with what I'm saying here. Why are gay people so touchy?
The reason gay folks are so touchy is because the OP implied that they were adopting this young man to be their boy toy. Most people who responded back to the OP understood this was an insult directed toward gay men. One other thing, most the people who replied back to the OP are probably not even gay. So for you say "why are gay people are so touchy" is somewhat misleading. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but they better be prepared for the repercussions of what they say.

Last edited by okie1962; 03-06-2015 at 12:20 AM..

Old 03-06-2015, 06:55 AM

17,471 posts, read 14,949,535 times
Quote:
please everyone, I am not implying that I think there would be any misbehavior in this family relationship. adoptive families are interviewed to ensure the best care for the adopted children. I only mean that on some subconscious level these men adopted this boy preferring him over, say, a newborn baby girl.

An earlier commenter requested a link to the story, but there is no link, as I saw this on the news on Television.

some of the commenters wondered if the boy might be homosexual too. But from what I saw he seems very heterosexual, not that I can be a judge of that, but you know. anyway, the boy seemed a bit weather worn from bouncing through the foster care system it seems that romance of any sort couldn't have been further from his mind, as he was just relieved to be adopted finally.
If you want to adopt a newborn baby girl, you need tens of thousands of dollars, years of waiting, and a passport to China. All little children involve years long lists and tons of money. It's also quite a different lifestyle raising a newborn.

You are assuming they did this because they were desperate for a child, instead of they simply saw the kids story, knew they had love and resources to share, and decided to give this kid a break in life.

Old 03-06-2015, 07:03 AM

1,140 posts, read 985,891 times
The gay agenda continues to shove it's crap down America's throat.

Old 03-06-2015, 07:30 AM

2,367 posts, read 1,531,527 times
Gay people (even single) have been adopting children for over a decade. If the 16 year old is happy with the adoption, who cares what anyone else thinks?

People need love in their lives. Even if someone feels gay love is not the best example for a child, isnt it better than growing up never knowing any?

I think a good question now is why are gay people taking up the slack of these kids natural parents?

Id rather not live in a world where the bulk of the people I encounter daily grew up institutionalized and never knew any love at all.

Best wishes to this family!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or