Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2015, 02:33 PM

21,695 posts, read 28,446,688 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayo2k View Post
Stop living in a dream, a grown man adopt a grown up almost legally adult girl, you will assume it is for his amusement...
Do not tell me there were not young kids with need of a family... Why did they have to adopt the oldest boy they could legally adopt who in less than 2 year will be adult thus no more pedophilia...?

Being gay right advocate is one thing, being blindly naive supporting anything fearing being accused of homophobia is another and truth is, this couple is fishy.
This question has been answered over and over again. Young children find homes more easily. Older children don't. They did a good thing by choosing an older child. Maybe this was the oldest boy who happened to need a home. Had he been 12 rather than 14, they would have adopted him. We don't know, they may have just told the agency they wanted an older child who needed a home because older children are more difficult to place.

If they did this to only to engage in pedophilia, would you rather they adopt a two year old and have him for a longer time? That's what it sounds like you are saying.

Who is fearing what? Was this couple supposed to reject their choice to adopt and older boy because simple minded people would accuse them of pedophilia? That comment makes no sense.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2015, 02:43 PM

1,314 posts, read 1,424,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelpha View Post
Virginia ABC 5 o'clock news has a segment called "Wednesday's Child" in which they spotlight foster children and success stories of adoption.

Today's segment was presented as any other segment, but this was a remarkably untraditional arrangement, I observed two gay men happily married, very nice home, blushingly introduce their new 16-year-old son, much taller than them, and very attractive.

I'm fairly confident that this will be a healthy parent/child arrangement but it seems a line between selecting a child in need of a home and selecting an attractive young man was blurred a bit.

The boy was relieved and down to earth and emotionally mature as he described his feelings of finally being adopted into a stable, permanent home.
What about an attractive straight couple adopting an attractive straight male teenager?
What about an attractive straight couple adopting an attractive straight female teenager?
Oh, my goodness! The things that could happen!

Old 03-08-2015, 02:47 PM

685 posts, read 720,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lodestar View Post
I could probably match you stat for stat but it's a waste of time. Depends on who's compiling the data and why. That's why I prefer to stick with the judicial and medical stats as those two groups are probably more privy to private information and less apt to be corrupted by money offered to people by special interest groups.

I'm old as the hills, worked in the medical field and have gay friends (Yup. Crazy isn't it?) And I have seen and heard enough anecdotal information to be quite familiar with the temptations of gay males. And I've seen enough personal damage to last me three lifetimes. I also recognize that no one gets through life without damage, just that gay people have their own brand. This is rarely, if ever, acknowledged publicly.

You activists have been given a voice and good for you. At this stage in your social acceptance I can see the resistance to telling a well-rounded story. And people aren't ready to hear the whole story. I just like to hear a truthful balance.
Stats actually are questionable to me and for my adult life, as I gained knowledge and a bit of wisdom. Everyone has issues in all walks of life. But when a person makes blanket statements without a modicum of information to back it, is worthless to me. Your post is worth learning from.

I've had my share of exchanging information from the early days. I've been doing that for about 3/4 of being as old as our local hills. Activists (well, lets say where my focus was and the people in the corporations who were information gatherers to attract more business) always have some sense of data backing to ensure we're not blowin' smoke in the wind. Ignorant people by that very word means they do not. When I pressed for some backing (I'm entitled to understand and decide if the people who made what I perceived as ignorant statements are true or not). If there is a true basis for their belief, I can be understanding and more accepting. But the two people were quiet when I asked for what should've been simple backing.

Lodestar, explain one thing to me, please. I'm not arguing with you. There's no need. Would you clarify:

"... I can see the resistance to telling a well-rounded story. And people aren't ready to hear the whole story. I just like to hear a truthful balance."

What do you see is missing? No arguments here. Much appreciated.

Old 03-08-2015, 02:48 PM

3,201 posts, read 4,409,928 times
thread is pointless for the mere fact that the dude is 16 years old

a)no 16 yr old dude needs to be "adopted"

b)a 16 yr old dude aint going to get turned out unwillinglly

c)there arent any gay cakes available for this particular situation

Old 03-08-2015, 03:16 PM

4,532 posts, read 8,870,575 times
The "Dude" is still a teen in need of parenting and love. He may have mental and physical challenges that put him behind others his age and so could be more like a 12 - 14 yr old....? Either way, the boy needs a family...everyone deserves a family to love them. Can you imagine having NOBODY on this earth in your corner? When he turns 18 he will be on his own with no help if this couple hadn't come along. I think having a loving family who CHOSE me is pretty wonderful.

Watch you don't choke on that chunk o' know nothing cake.

Old 03-08-2015, 09:19 PM

1,026 posts, read 1,192,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace_TX View Post

He is 14.

He is happy to be a part of his new family. Watch the interview.

He is no longer in the system, and he has much better opportunities for education and success.

Seems like a perfect time for cake!

Old 03-08-2015, 10:06 PM

8,342 posts, read 6,428,879 times
Its obvious why homosexuals adopted him.

Old 03-09-2015, 01:52 AM

832 posts, read 1,255,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Vega View Post
Its obvious why homosexuals adopted him.
Apparently not that obvious to some people... So sad

Old 03-09-2015, 05:43 AM

3,201 posts, read 4,409,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaleighLass View Post
The "Dude" is still a teen in need of parenting and love. He may have mental and physical challenges that put him behind others his age and so could be more like a 12 - 14 yr old....? Either way, the boy needs a family...everyone deserves a family to love them. Can you imagine having NOBODY on this earth in your corner? When he turns 18 he will be on his own with no help if this couple hadn't come along. I think having a loving family who CHOSE me is pretty wonderful.

Watch you don't choke on that chunk o' know nothing cake.
lol

Im laughing because instead of me working off FEELINGS i lived it, i grew up in the absolute worst environment around the worst people and all kinds of shht which i will never discuss

and i still have no reason to feel obligated to cosign gay dudes adopting a young male children

btw, name calling doesnt work on me so folks will have to come with original responses

Old 03-09-2015, 06:07 AM

50,783 posts, read 36,474,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace_TX View Post

For the jillionth time, the boy is 14 now, he was 12 when the adoption proceedings began. If he didn't need to be adopted, he wouldn't have been a "Wednesday's Child" on the news.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events