U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-06-2015, 12:51 PM

11,417 posts, read 6,180,302 times

Advertisements

Sen. Bob Menendez Will Reportedly Be Charged With Corruption - NationalJournal.com

From the article:

Quote:
The Department of Justice is preparing to charge Democratic New Jersey Sen. Bob Menendez , the ranking member of the Senate's Foreign Relations Committee, with corruption, CNN reported Friday.

According to the news outlet, Menendez is facing allegations that he traded his political influence for perks and favors from a top donor, Dr. Salmon Melgen—an eye doctor and political backer.
He's obviously innocent until proven guilty, but an eventual resignation or expulsion would add to the GOP's Senate majority as Christie would be able to name an interim replacement.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2015, 01:12 PM

1,078 posts, read 1,117,965 times
This guy has been jet setting OCONUS for years, when he was called out for it last year for some of his slim shady deals..

just by his answers along with his behavior, screamed guilty all the way to the bank..

Old 03-06-2015, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightly Knight View Post
This guy has been jet setting OCONUS for years, when he was called out for it last year for some of his slim shady deals..

just by his answers along with his behavior, screamed guilty all the way to the bank..
Truth be told, I'm shocked that nothing came of the prostitution allegations from last year given how some played that up.

Old 03-06-2015, 01:40 PM

5,098 posts, read 4,298,052 times
I expect the DNC to claim the DOJ is "anti-hispanic" for targeting him.

Old 03-06-2015, 01:50 PM

10,577 posts, read 7,241,076 times
Frankly, if the Department of Justice is bringing charges it's pretty clear that he's guilty. I hope they nail him. And I say this as a liberal.

Quote:
He's obviously innocent until proven guilty, but an eventual resignation or expulsion would add to the GOP's Senate majority as Christie would be able to name an interim replacement.
He might even appoint Jeff Chiesa, who he appointed to New Jersey's other Senate seat in 2013 when Frank Lautenberg died. Chiesa did not run in that October's special election, which was won by Cory Booker.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaten_Drinker View Post
I expect the DNC to claim the DOJ is "anti-hispanic" for targeting him.
Of course you do.

And, of course, they will do no such thing - and you'll learn absolutely nothing from this demonstration of how divorced from reality you are.

Old 03-06-2015, 01:56 PM

11,649 posts, read 8,163,045 times
I heard on the radio news that the reason why the obamaites decided to crack down on Menendez after all these years is that he stood up and applauded the recent visit and speech by the Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu.

I wouldn't be surprised.

Old 03-06-2015, 04:28 PM

7,468 posts, read 4,228,605 times
Looks shady, but I doubt they wouldda gone after him
if he hadn't have become a thorn in The Obama's side.

Old 03-06-2015, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unsettomati View Post
Frankly, if the Department of Justice is bringing charges it's pretty clear that he's guilty. I hope they nail him. And I say this as a liberal.

He might even appoint Jeff Chiesa, who he appointed to New Jersey's other Senate seat in 2013 when Frank Lautenberg died. Chiesa did not run in that October's special election, which was won by Cory Booker.
I do agree that evidence is normally pretty solid if charges are actually going to be filed. The DOJ, while ultimately controlled by a political appointee, is effectively managed by career professionals who take their jobs/duties/responsibilities very seriously.

I don't see him appointing Jeff Chiesa again as he doesn't seem charismatic enough to win a statewide election. But, who knows!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or