Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-09-2015, 07:00 PM

37,589 posts, read 45,950,883 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by riaelise View Post
Simply put? I'm not a fast food eater, but the food tastes bad. Five Guys burgers, while priced higher, taste better. Their fries beat Mickey D's as well. Their chicken mcnuggets have way too much sodium and taste sub-par. There's just way too many options other than Mickey Ds these days.
Honestly, I would take MD fries any day over Five Guys. I think Five Guys fries are SO overrated.

There are definitely a lot of options. My option is usually to cook at home.

Old 03-09-2015, 07:07 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,363,451 times
Carl's Jr or McDonald's ... no choice there...
Even tho I invested for yrs in McD's.

Old 03-09-2015, 07:07 PM

4,794 posts, read 12,370,711 times
I first started eating at McDs in the 1960s as a child. Then, I loved the taste as it was a treat I didn't get very often. I don't know if my tastes have changed or if McDonald's cooks their food differently than they did 40-50 years ago, maybe both, but I just don't like it as much as I used to.
Could be as an adult I just have access to more choices than I did as a child.

Old 03-09-2015, 07:10 PM

23,511 posts, read 23,986,796 times
I ate my first McDonald's burger in the 70's, as a youngster. The place turned into my favorite restaurant as a young man, as it was "all American".

Over the years, McDonald's has changed. The menu has evolved into what was once a simple menu, to a complex menu.
Customer service has suffered. Preparation times for "fast food" have suffered. Food quality has suffered. I haven't eaten at a McDonald's for about 2 years and decided to have breakfast at one, about 3 months ago. I was appalled at how the food quality has suffered. My Egg McMuffin did not resemble an edible prepared food product.

Old 03-09-2015, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccm123 View Post
My Egg McMuffin did not resemble an edible prepared food product.
Really? Wow. I think the sausage McMuffins are probably my favorite fast food breakfast - a rare treat for me. They taste damn near as I would make them at home. I can't imagine why you have had such a bad experience. How weird.

Old 03-09-2015, 07:20 PM

17,156 posts, read 12,951,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnp292 View Post
Yup, my thoughts exactly. If there is a Wendy's, Burger King, and mickeyDs in the same area I'll pick Wendy's or BK every time because the food is, albeit sometimes only marginally, better. Not healthier, just better.

Now with that said, I have found that on drive through orders Wendy's will screw something up about 99.9% of the time. And that problem seems to be with every Wendy's not just any particular ones.
I agree with you there also, John. McDonald's is the worst fast food place, and Wendy's is second worst. I cannot get them to serve me a burger without mustard. I requested this the three times I went to Wendy's. I asked them nicely to make me whichever burger with NO MUSTARD. I did not ask for anything else. And this request was made at three different locations. I don't know what changing the mustard formula is so difficult, but they couldn't get it right. Now Whataburger? Those people are amazing at getting the most complex burger orders correct each and every time. And their food is excellent! They are the most popular burger chain in TX, I've heard. I wouldn't be surprised. They are everywhere here and always busy.

Old 03-09-2015, 07:28 PM

4,449 posts, read 4,614,742 times
Re: 'McDonald's is crap'

Yeah they've changed. Time moves on from the early days of Downey California!
If the co can't get it together they may wind up like NY's Horn and Hardart who got run out of the restaurant business and some of their eats were only 5 or 10 cents...;-)...

But ironically their coffee really is pretty good....maybe they should be coffee purveyors and give some competition to the ridiculously priced Starbucks black water that passes for coffee.

Old 03-09-2015, 07:32 PM

2,365 posts, read 2,146,559 times
Ive always liked Wendy's. A baked potato is a nice option from fries all the time. I havent had Wendys in ages though.

I think people are just more health conscious overall. McDonald's did revamp their menu a while back, but its still not fresh food. And, if you believe all the stories you hear about meat glue and stuff like that, the Fast food restaurants in general are the establishments you think of to see those types of products.

McDonald's can work well for people that just cant spend $10 or more dollars for better food. You may find $7.00 to be better, or you may pick a few things from the Dollar Menu.

They have also been giving food away lately. Giving food away can certainly effect your bottomline.

Old 03-09-2015, 07:35 PM
MJ7

6,221 posts, read 10,729,615 times
I think some people are finally being educated on food, and Mcdonald's will never be a part of the healthy food talk. At least this is what I would hope American food education would progress to.

Old 03-09-2015, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConeyGirl52 View Post
Ive always liked Wendy's. A baked potato is a nice option from fries all the time. I havent had Wendys in ages though.

I think people are just more health conscious overall. McDonald's did revamp their menu a while back, but its still not fresh food. And, if you believe all the stories you hear about meat glue and stuff like that, the Fast food restaurants in general are the establishments you think of to see those types of products.

McDonald's can work well for people that just cant spend $10 or more dollars for better food. You may find $7.00 to be better, or you may pick a few things from the Dollar Menu.

They have also been giving food away lately. Giving food away can certainly effect your bottomline.
I think that is exactly it. It certainly is the case for me, and for my son as well. I mean, in college MD was my lunch pretty much every day - a cheeseburger and a soda. Then when I got older, I still ate FF, but there were more options. And now, and honestly for the past 15 years, I just don't eat fast food very often. I mean, maybe once a month...if that. Doesn't mean I don't love those charbroiled burgers at BK, or the double-cheeseburgers at MD, or the chicken at Hardee's....I love them all. But I just don't eat like that anymore. Yeah I miss it, but I like being healthy more.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events