U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2015, 10:33 AM

1,089 posts, read 1,145,183 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanguardisle View Post
Did you ever see the documentary Super Size Me? Well worth watching I think. A man lives on nothing but Mcdonalds food for a month and documents what happens.
Will see if I can find it in Netflix but what happens? Does he put on like 20 pounds?

Old 03-09-2015, 10:36 AM

2,063 posts, read 1,867,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maila View Post
Will see if I can find it in Netflix but what happens? Does he put on like 20 pounds?

Yes he does ( how did you know? ) and has a series of health problems . Here is the info on wikipedia

Super Size Me - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 03-09-2015, 10:45 AM

3,275 posts, read 4,768,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Geek View Post
They have Gluten so obviously I cannot eat there. My body demands no gluten and that I raise my pinkie when drinking tea.

I demand Gluten-Free McDonalds!
Actually, gluten is a big reason I don't dine at McDonald's. I don't think the gluten free trend is going to go away and I think McDonald's should offer a gluten free McMuffin at breakfast and buns for lunch/dinner. Personally, I would be willing to pay an additional charge for the convenience.

Everyone knows McDonald's isn't healthy. I wouldn't go there expecting health food. But, right now there isn't a single drive through I can go to, really. Having that option when I'm in a pinch would make me go there on those occasions.

Old 03-09-2015, 10:46 AM

5,162 posts, read 9,732,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maila View Post
Only because he dose nothing but sit on his ass and dose nothing else but eat mcdonalds

snopes.com: Mcflick myth gobbled up

Old 03-09-2015, 10:48 AM

3,275 posts, read 4,768,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Me007gold View Post
Only because he dose nothing but sit on his ass and dose nothing else but eat mcdonalds

snopes.com: Mcflick myth gobbled up
Yeah. In the documentary Fathead the guy eats nothing but fast food and he loses weight and his blood numbers improve. I don't think Super Size Me really proves anything except that if you try to gain weight eating only fast food, you can certainly do it.

Old 03-09-2015, 10:50 AM

8,743 posts, read 12,190,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G0DDESS View Post
FACEBOOK is McDonald's worse enemy. Most of my friends on FB constantly post about how unhealthy McD's is -- and I agree, I haven't eaten there in over 7 years myself. Propaganda is spreading like wild-fire though. The easiest way to affect large scale change these days is through FB.

If you have more than 100 friends, I'm sure you've seen many of them 'sharing' things about McDonald's before too. That s*t catches on quickly. They need to do something to make their food healthier or they will be bankrupt in a few more decades.
Too much is spread on FB that can be discredited by snopes.com. Unfortunately people won't do their own research before believing something. Or more importantly, sharing it.

I also watched Supersize Me and still eat there. EVERYTHING in moderation is fine.

Old 03-09-2015, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
My wife and I went to Mcdonalds Saturday night. We were in a rush between shopping and going to see a movies and I HAD to have a Shamrock Shake.
I don't like Mcdonalds preferring Burger King to them. I think the last time we went to McD was last year when I got a Shamrock shake.

I think they are over priced. I got a quarter pounder, fries and shake, my wife a chicken sandwich and fries and it was $15. The burger and fries was good so I can't complain about that but in the past they have been kinda gross.

We all know fast food is not good for us and now it is pricey so I think that is their main problem.

Who makes the best tasting fries ? Mcdonalds, Burger King, Wendy's, Checkers etc... ?

Old 03-09-2015, 10:56 AM

25,985 posts, read 32,996,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whocares811 View Post
I think that they are WAY overpriced. Why pay $7.00 for a fast food meal if you can go to someplace healthy and have a waiter-served meal for about $10.00? I also prefer char-broiled burgers, like Carl's Jr. (and I just like Carl Jr.'s menu better, in general.)

Also, any business advertising in Spanish in the U.S. is a major turn-off for me, and McDonald's does a LOT of that.
If you don't have time for a sit-down meal, fast food works. Sorta the whole point.

Old 03-09-2015, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAXIALE02 View Post
I think they are being affected by people's interest in quality food. Chains like In & Out, Five guys and Shake Shack brought something new to the burger experience and it's better. I feel like I'm getting my money's worth when I get a patty with substance. Also they campaign to eat better has people cooking at home. I buy meat from a farm and cook at home Wayyy more than I eat out. The only time I go to McDonald's is for my tween as a Friday night "treat" or in my opinion compromise.

McD's used to be the trend setter but times are changing fast. They have to innovate or learn to keep up.

You think McDonalds does not taste as good ? Or do these others offer bigger portions? I agree eating at home is healthier than most restaurants.

Old 03-09-2015, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikitakolata View Post
Actually, gluten is a big reason I don't dine at McDonald's. I don't think the gluten free trend is going to go away and I think McDonald's should offer a gluten free McMuffin at breakfast and buns for lunch/dinner. Personally, I would be willing to pay an additional charge for the convenience.

Everyone knows McDonald's isn't healthy. I wouldn't go there expecting health food. But, right now there isn't a single drive through I can go to, really. Having that option when I'm in a pinch would make me go there on those occasions.
Gluten free options would be a good idea.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or