Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-09-2015, 12:44 PM

1,205 posts, read 1,854,871 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor Cal Wahine View Post
Just a silly observation, but for the life of me I cannot figure out why it is so impossible for McDonald's employees to align a slice of cheese on a burger patty. It's just standard to receive burgers with the cheese wrapped around the bottom bun and paper wrapping, with less than a quarter of it on the patty itself. It's this carelessness in preparing such a simple food product that bothers me. No quality standards whatsoever. And that's just what we *see*.

I dare not even approach the topic of what-on-Earth is in the actual ingredients itself!
You get what you pay for...heh perhaps it's time McDs follow Wal-Mart's example.........I can't believe I just said that.

Old 03-09-2015, 12:53 PM

2,062 posts, read 2,549,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor Cal Wahine View Post
Just a silly observation, but for the life of me I cannot figure out why it is so impossible for McDonald's employees to align a slice of cheese on a burger patty. It's just standard to receive burgers with the cheese wrapped around the bottom bun and paper wrapping, with less than a quarter of it on the patty itself. It's this carelessness in preparing such a simple food product that bothers me. No quality standards whatsoever. And that's just what we *see*.

I dare not even approach the topic of what-on-Earth is in the actual ingredients itself!
I think they are just working too fast when turning out the food. They are encouraged to be quick not necessarily accurate.

Old 03-09-2015, 12:55 PM

7,280 posts, read 10,952,353 times
McDonalds isn't what it used to be. Apparently the company believes and its shareholders demand that everyone on the planet go to a McDonalds every day. Those days are over. They need to go back to making what they did best and realize that only certain types of people like to go to McDonalds and the once in a while customers aren't going to go there more often just because they have a wide selection.

McDonalds should wake up and look at In-and-Out Burger. They have lines almost all the time. Why Because they make a few things that are consistent, eatable and don't try to sell Mexican, Asian or anything else. They sell burgers.

Old 03-09-2015, 12:55 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,450,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanguardisle View Post
News report shows very disappointing sales posted recently by Mcdonalds all over the world not just in the US. The new ceo is now taking control and maybe things will change . What do you think they are doing wrong ? What can they do better? Is Mcdonalds simply going downhll?

Peronally I am now vegetarian and into health foods and they offer nothing for me to eat but a small salad or maybe some tea. I grew up with them as a child and used to love them so they still have a place in my heart and I was wondering what others thought?

I like that they offer internet, and offering a place for parents to take the kids where they can play is a good business idea too, but I think the food is overpriced for what you get. The places open 24 hours are also a good idea for people who work odd hours.

I do not think they should try to compete with upscale fast food places like Panera Bread but they can offer some healthier options their food is unhealthy and fattening, I like their idea of hormone free chicken, but I think they should just offer more food for your money. I think they are overpriced for what you get. More dollar menu options would be nice.

Here is the link below:

McDonald
It is simple. They have architected their supply chain and operations to serve health-destroying industrial food-like product packaged in a dated customer environment, and the consumer finally started waking up and demanding something that at least resembles more real, healthy, sustainable food served in a still quick-prepared but more upscale setting. They are trying to now get on that bandwagon, but they are late to the party in transitioning their brand and they have a strategic disadvantage in that their entire setup does not really support this new supply chain approach. They did not evolve because they did not need to for a long time, and I think they are frankly tainted now and their brand will not catch up to the new wave of offerings. And that's why other fast/casual food companies like Chipotle are now tops in customer loyalty engagement studies and is growing sales like crazy.

Old 03-09-2015, 12:58 PM

1,988 posts, read 2,223,598 times
What are they doing wrong? Serving disgusting food.

Old 03-09-2015, 01:02 PM

6,131 posts, read 7,987,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
That's my scientific theory People do not preceive enough value for the monies laid out. It has nothing to do with the food being bad for you. If that were true, all the fast food chains would be failing, and many of them are thriving. It's because the food is terrible AND overpriced. That does not a successful business model make.
Yup, my thoughts exactly. If there is a Wendy's, Burger King, and mickeyDs in the same area I'll pick Wendy's or BK every time because the food is, albeit sometimes only marginally, better. Not healthier, just better.

Now with that said, I have found that on drive through orders Wendy's will screw something up about 99.9% of the time. And that problem seems to be with every Wendy's not just any particular ones.

Old 03-09-2015, 01:03 PM

37,612 posts, read 45,996,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
For $10 I can go to a local place that has all locally sourced meats and veggies for a burger, fries, and a coke. The burger is aged sirloin, brisket, and house cured bacon. The fries are hand cut and have Parmesan cheese and sea salt.

Why would I choose a cardboard burger over that?
Well for me personally, I could not consume all that in one meal, so if those were the two choices, I would absolutely choose a MD hamburger....they dont taste like cardboard to me. Certainly not a Five guys, but I like them in a pinch. Prefer their grilled snack wraps
though...they are really good. No contest on the money either. Pretty sure I have NEVER spent $7 on meal, for myself, at a MD's or BK, or a Wendy's. Now if it was for my son, sure...he eats 3 times what I do.��

Last edited by ChessieMom; 03-09-2015 at 01:12 PM..

Old 03-09-2015, 01:04 PM

16,062 posts, read 26,746,361 times
Possibly because it is extremely unhealthy and people realize that. Things change, McDonald's is no longer the only fast food joint and it is one of the unhealthiest fast food places.

Old 03-09-2015, 01:06 PM

5,444 posts, read 6,994,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaaBoom View Post
It's always been a minimum wage job, but minimum wage has never been lower, since the 1950s. You take any worker anywhere and keep cutting their pay over and over again, year after year, decade after decade and see what it does to their job performance.

And don't tell me they would need to raise prices to pay a decent wage. One family of six comes into McDs and orders food. Thats probably $30 worth of food. They have paid for the cost of the food and for the burger maker's wage for an entire hour. All the other burgers that worker makes in the next hour are pure profits for the greedy corporation.
I'm not going to get into the issue about their wage because this encompasses all minimum wage jobs out there and not just McDonalds.

I will address your comment about the wage having never been lower since the 50s.
Yes, the 50s were a great time for minimum wage. If someone worked minimum wage full time (40hours x52 weeks), in the 50s you would be making roughly 46% of the national household income. In 1968, you would be making roughly 38% of the national household income. From here it declined but remained steady between 28% and 30% all the way until recently with the new changes of minimum wage from 7.25 to 9 an hour. At this point, 9 an hour would put you at roughly 35% of the average household income.

Where there is some variation is the number of workers. In the 50s, it is a safe bet that most household incomes were single income families whereas now most are double income families.

Having said all that, this is still no excuse for crappy service and to blame crappy service on their hourly wage is just a cop-out. Service and pride in employment were just fine in the 80's and 90's.

Also, I get great service in other businesses that pay their employees minimum wage or close to it.

Old 03-09-2015, 01:09 PM

2,062 posts, read 2,549,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
It is simple. They have architected their supply chain and operations to serve health-destroying industrial food-like product packaged in a dated customer environment, and the consumer finally started waking up and demanding real food produced in healthy, sustainable ways served in a still quick-prepared but more upscale setting. They are trying to now get on that bandwagon, but they are late to the party in transitioning their brand and they have a strategic disadvantage in that their entire setup does not really support this supply chain approach.

Perhaps they should offer some upscale food as you say but I still think though that focusing on children and the McDonalds play areas for kids are a great idea. Perhaps they should expand on that? When I lived in Orlando I can tell you they had a huge Mcdonalds with huge play areas and that it was quite popular with all the tourists. Maybe have more options for child parties and gatherings to take place? And they should try to make their food healthier and more affordable too . That is what I would do.

Here is the Orlando McDonalds I was describing and you would not believe the extreme menu choices I could not believe it. They offered food I had never seen in a McDonalds before.

https://www.mcfun.com/restaurants/view/7
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events