Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2015, 09:39 AM

2,062 posts, read 2,546,753 times

Advertisements

News report shows very disappointing sales posted recently by Mcdonalds all over the world not just in the US. The new ceo is now taking control and maybe things will change . What do you think they are doing wrong ? What can they do better? Is Mcdonalds simply going downhll?

Peronally I am now vegetarian and into health foods and they offer nothing for me to eat but a small salad or maybe some tea. I grew up with them as a child and used to love them so they still have a place in my heart and I was wondering what others thought?

I like that they offer internet, and offering a place for parents to take the kids where they can play is a good business idea too, but I think the food is overpriced for what you get. The places open 24 hours are also a good idea for people who work odd hours.

I do not think they should try to compete with upscale fast food places like Panera Bread but they can offer some healthier options their food is unhealthy and fattening, I like their idea of hormone free chicken, but I think they should just offer more food for your money. I think they are overpriced for what you get. More dollar menu options would be nice.

Here is the link below:

McDonald

Old 03-09-2015, 09:48 AM

19,798 posts, read 9,336,681 times
I think that they are WAY overpriced. Why pay $7.00 for a fast food meal if you can go to someplace healthy and have a waiter-served meal for about $10.00? I also prefer char-broiled burgers, like Carl's Jr. (and I just like Carl Jr.'s menu better, in general.)

Also, any business advertising in Spanish in the U.S. is a major turn-off for me, and McDonald's does a LOT of that.

Old 03-09-2015, 09:49 AM

29,506 posts, read 22,620,513 times
They're doing fine by me.

Don't know why they feel they have to do fancy stuff and other things to keep up with the Jones. Well, from a business perspective I understand, but as long as they have my favorites like Fish Filet, I'll keep going there.

Old 03-09-2015, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whocares811 View Post
I think that they are WAY overpriced. Why pay $7.00 for a fast food meal if you can go to someplace healthy and have a waiter-served meal for about $10.00? I also prefer char-broiled burgers, like Carl's Jr. (and I just like Carl Jr.'s menu better, in general.)

Also, any business advertising in Spanish in the U.S. is a major turn-off for me, and McDonald's does a LOT of that.

I agree they are overpriced you can go to a buffet for that same price and get a lot more food for your money.

Old 03-09-2015, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
They're doing fine by me.

Don't know why they feel they have to do fancy stuff and other things to keep up with the Jones. Well, from a business perspective I understand, but as long as they have my favorites like Fish Filet, I'll keep going there.

Why do you think they are posting disappointing sales? Is there just too much competition these days?

Old 03-09-2015, 09:54 AM

1,225 posts, read 1,404,313 times
FACEBOOK is McDonald's worse enemy. Most of my friends on FB constantly post about how unhealthy McD's is -- and I agree, I haven't eaten there in over 7 years myself. Propaganda is spreading like wild-fire though. The easiest way to affect large scale change these days is through FB.

If you have more than 100 friends, I'm sure you've seen many of them 'sharing' things about McDonald's before too. That s*t catches on quickly. They need to do something to make their food healthier or they will be bankrupt in a few more decades.

Old 03-09-2015, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by G0DDESS View Post
FACEBOOK is McDonald's worse enemy. Most of my friends on FB constantly post about how unhealthy McD's is -- and I agree, I haven't eaten there in over 7 years myself. Propaganda is spreading like wild-fire though. The easiest way to affect large scale change these days is through FB.

If you have more than 100 friends on Facebook, I'm sure you've seen many of them 'sharing' things about McDonald's before too. That s*t catches on quickly. FB is the reason their sales are way down. They need to do something to make their food healthier or they will be bankrupt in a few more decades.

I do not have very many friends on FB. I never really got into it that much . Do your friends also dislike other fast food chains as well?

Last edited by vanguardisle; 03-09-2015 at 10:13 AM..

Old 03-09-2015, 09:56 AM

1,192 posts, read 1,573,149 times
I think more and more people are realizing how many extra calories one can can consume with a 1/4 pound burger/fries/coke etc. Since the nutrition information is now made public, we would stop and think if we are consuming the whole days worth of calories in one meal. We getting more health conscious I think.

Old 03-09-2015, 10:03 AM

1,660 posts, read 2,532,642 times
I think it's just too expensive. Its like 4 bucks for one egg mcmuffin.

Old 03-09-2015, 10:09 AM

3,315 posts, read 2,132,650 times
Their food has always put me in the mindset of, "by which miracle of modern science did they get cardboard flakes and water to turn into this?" Then I think about how a significant portion of those working at McDonalds earn less on an hourly basis than their customers are being charged for a burger and fries that contain ingredients most adults have to literally sound out in order to pronounce.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events