Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should we keep, discard or change the current system of observing Daylight Savings Time?
Keep the current system: continue changing clocks twice a year, with about 8 months on Daylight Savings Time and 4 months on Standard Time 13 12.75%
Continue changing clocks twice a year, but change it so that the split between DST and Standard Time is approximately the same (6 months each) 3 2.94%
Stop changing the clocks. Stay on Standard Time (fall back and never spring forward again) 35 34.31%
Stop changing the clocks. Stay on Daylight Savings Time (spring forward and never fall back again) 40 39.22%
Stop changing the clocks. Compromise and stay halfway between current Standard and DST 11 10.78%
Voters: 102. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2016, 11:17 AM

10,229 posts, read 16,301,087 times

Advertisements

I like it as it is. I dig the extra hour of sleep in the fall, and in spring I appreciate the light later in the evening. I'm not affected by the changes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2016, 12:34 PM

3,320 posts, read 4,130,500 times
I just wanted to give some reasoning for why I say Daylight Savings Time, instead of the more official "Saving Time" without the s.

Kaiser Wilhelm II made the Savings Falcon helmet very fashionable in Germany, but it was not just a helmet.

Here we can see the Kaiser's Savings Falcon helmet for the fall season, note how Savings Falcon is shielding himself from the harmful effects of Standard Time. But this is not just a helmet, in the back of bird, behind the head, there is a coin slot. That's right, this helmet is also a savings bank. After it is full, you pull the right wing down and the rear tail feathers lift up, ejecting five coins for each pull of the wing. These are very rare coin banks, they were popular for only a year or so, the idea was for people to put the oil money they saved from Daylight Savings Time into these coin banks. As the war went sour for Germany, and the inflation eroded the value of coins after the War, most people destroyed their Falcon Savings banks and they have become VERY rare.

I did a google search for Falcon Savings Bank, and I could not find a single one, not on Ebay, not anywhere. I am thinking about going into business producing authentic replicas of DS Falcon banks. I think they may become very popular again.

This article is very encouraging concerning the great, great grandson of Kaiser Wilhelm II, Prince Philip Kiril of Prussia, and Savings Falcon, as he wants to reintroduce the Royal Monarchy in Germany, as a figurehead role only, much like the Royal Family in England. I hope this will bring DS Falcon back into fashion again.

Great, great grandson of Kaiser Bill calls for restoration of monarchy in Germany to help spread 'feel good factor' | Daily Mail Online
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events