Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2015, 07:16 AM

29,464 posts, read 14,635,166 times

Advertisements

There is so much wrong with this I don't even know where to start....

3 stabbed, pregnant 11-year-old kicked inside Detroit home | News - Home

Every morning this week my wife and I sit down and watch the news while having our morning coffee. And what does the news report ? A shooting or some kind of retaliation (beating or stabbing) that has happened the night before...every day this week. WTF is going on in the inner cities ?!?!? Why are some of these people living like animals ? Don't say it's because they are poor... there are poor people everywhere that can conduct themselves like humans. And a pregnant 11 year old ?!? This is just sickening.
This is beyond the muggings, robberies etc that happen everywhere. These are people that are killing each other over a bag of potatoe chips (happened a couple of months ago) or loosing a couple of bucks in a game, or because of a Facebook post. WTF, really ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2015, 07:54 AM

387 posts, read 589,106 times
if only MI had the death penalty. maybe it would deter a large percentage from committing such crimes

Old 03-13-2015, 08:05 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,555,354 times
That kind of criime has been around since the beginning of time. You just hear about it more now because the media loves to talk about it. Never mind all the positive things going on around the country, let's stick with the negative.

Old 03-13-2015, 08:05 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,984,830 times
It starts at home. And when there is no stable family unit, this is what you get.

Old 03-13-2015, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
That kind of criime has been around since the beginning of time. You just hear about it more now because the media loves to talk about it. Never mind all the positive things going on around the country, let's stick with the negative.
What is the saying the media uses ? "if it bleeds it leads" ?
I guess our mistake is actually turning the news on in the first place.
Sure violence has been around since the dawn of man, but the brutality of it seems to be getting harsher and harsher ..if that makes any sense.
Last year someone executed a 2 year old to pay back her father for something gone wrong... WTF... that isn't a human anymore. Just a pure rage filled animal.
Man executed 2-year-old in front of her father to torture him: cops | New York Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
It starts at home. And when there is no stable family unit, this is what you get.
And when babies are having babies , how can the endless cycle be broken ? It is a problem that I can't see ever being solved unfortunately.

Old 03-13-2015, 08:26 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,984,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
What is the saying the media uses ? "if it bleeds it leads" ?
I guess our mistake is actually turning the news on in the first place.
Sure violence has been around since the dawn of man, but the brutality of it seems to be getting harsher and harsher ..if that makes any sense.
Last year someone executed a 2 year old to pay back her father for something gone wrong... WTF... that isn't a human anymore. Just a pure rage filled animal.
Man executed 2-year-old in front of her father to torture him: cops | New York Post

And when babies are having babies , how can the endless cycle be broken ? It is a problem that I can't see ever being solved unfortunately.
It doesn't help that the current system seemingly enables it.

Old 03-13-2015, 08:37 AM

1,369 posts, read 2,273,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Yes, that! I've stopped reading the news online. It's just too much negativity, and there's nothing good or uplifting in it ever. This garbage has been going on as long as humanity has inhabited the planet, and there's nothing I can do about it, so I'm not going to bring it into my life by reading about it daily. I've got enough negative crap on my plate.

See George Carlin on The Importance of Not Giving a Damn.

Old 03-13-2015, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amylewis View Post
Yes, that! I've stopped reading the news online. It's just too much negativity, and there's nothing good or uplifting in it ever. This garbage has been going on as long as humanity has inhabited the planet, and there's nothing I can do about it, so I'm not going to bring it into my life by reading about it daily. I've got enough negative crap on my plate.

Love it !

Old 03-13-2015, 08:43 AM

3,352 posts, read 2,823,495 times
My husband worked for a suburban Detroit PD and it is advancing there now..He retired and we left... I have the WDIV and Fox2Detroit on Facebook (since I lived there my whole life and I do like the place for many other reasons but).... and see the horrible things that you are talking about...it just seems like the punishments are NOT there..people have NO FEAR of anyone..look at the 4 men who gunned down that party store owner in St Clair Shores....killed him for NO reason... Living in a small town Tennessee now even watching the Knoxville News, things happen but not like killings going on up there...Not much RANDOM violence and the car jackings are nothing here..I saw the other day some people car jacked a van with three dogs the other day and then let them out to wander....

Our grandson lived for a little while near St John Hospital and going to pick him up was unnerving....the 12 13 14 year old kids playing basketball in the street...not moving until you almost run them down..throwing the ball over your car and laughing about it...while their parents or guardians or whoever they were sit on porches..laughing and acting like it is ok...

It is a mess...

Last edited by linda814; 03-13-2015 at 08:56 AM..

Old 03-13-2015, 08:47 AM

3,352 posts, read 2,823,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amylewis View Post

I miss George.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events